Gerard Butler GALS

Gerard Butler: I'm an outsider HTTYD junket

becozy

Gerard Butler is one of the most famous actors on the planet, but when the cameras stop rolling and the photogs stop taking pictures, he's just a regular guy with regular insecurities.

Gerard is currently working overtime promoting two movies 'How to Train a Dragon' and 'The Bounty Hunter' but he sat with Hollyscoop for a

one-on-one interview to talk about his new DreamWorks 3D animated flick 'How to Train a Dragon'.

Gerry, as his close friends call him, gave Hollyscoop his thoughts on how to train a dragon and why he feels like an outsider. Here are some

highlights from the interview:

Gerard on how to train a dragon: "Give it some respect and treat

it like a human being.”

Gerard on the movies message: “I love these messages that are about understanding solidarity. Here we are, we grew up as a vacant

nation and assume that we must kill this thing and that it only wants to kill us. We do not stop for a second and see if they are the same as us

or give them a chance. When this little boy, Hiccups, comes along and shows tolerance and love towards one it

Read more view video: http://www.hollyscoop.com/movies/gerard-butler/gerard-butler-im-an-outsider_1947.aspx#ixzz0jJSQMbMv

Gerry seems drawn to stories that cause you to champion the outsider. His comments about the phantom and Grendel in the interviews I have seen reiterate that to me. That is one of the things that has endeared him to me because I have always felt like an outsider.

Love,

Tracy

:hug:

Edited by JustCallMeTracy

Gerry seems drawn to stories that cause you to champion the outsider. His comments about the phantom and Grendel in the interviews I have seen reiterate that to me. That is one of the things that has endeared him to me because I have always felt like an outsider.

Love,

Tracy

Absolutely Tracy. I love how you used the phrase "champion the outsider". I've also been an outsider my whole life everywhere I go, so it means a lot to me that Gerry seems to genuinely care about the underdog.

Lisa

I'm so glad that she asked original questions and not the same cliche ones the press asks during promotions. Gerry seemed genuinely relaxed to answer them too, which is a brilliant thing to see! :D

That being said, I now have two more things to admire Gerry for. Firtly, his blatant respect for animsla (mythical or canine) However I'd be scared if someone treated a dragon like a human seeing as how not many people treat other humans quite friendly. Lol. "Like a fellow dragon" is the best way he could have put it! :D

Secondly, like Lisa said, Gerry cares about the little people. He still has his everyday insecurities (but we knew that) and he understands he's not the only one who would feel like the underdog in many ways. It sort of feels like he's on our side, so to speak. That's a wonderful quality for a person to have.