Gerard Butler GALS
GerrysGalwayGirl

Actors/Actresses you would like to see Gerry work with in future films?

Just wondering who you would like to see Gerry in a future film with?

Actresses: Katherine Heigl (again), Catherine Zeta-Jones, Sandra Bullock

Actors: Matt Damon, Harrison Ford, Kevin Costner (not sure if I could handle all that sexiness in one film), Russell Crowe (ditto)

I would love to see a remake of "Philadelphia Story" with

Gerry as C.K. Dexter Haven (Cary Grant's role)

Patrick Wilson as MacCauley Connor (James Stewart's role)

and either

Julia Roberts or Kate Winslett (she can do an American accent so well and she is funny!)

as Tracy Lord (Katharine Hepburn's role)

OR Amy Adams would be perfect but she's a bit too young...unless that would make her impetuous first marriage to Dexter believeable.

Judy Greer as Elizabeth Imbrie (Ruth Hussy's role)

Rachel McAdams or Marion Cotillard. My love for Marion is inconditional and I got to become a fan of Rachel after Sherlock Holmes. They both can play strong women, one of them in the most "serious" side and the other in a witty, playful and slightly cruel (LOL) manner.

And about actors... well, I think my dream has become true with Coriolanus, so I'm not asking for anything else ;).

Never seen "Philadelphia Story". What is it about? I can still imagine Gerry doing Cary Grant's role. I like Patrick Wilson. Prefer Kate Winslet over Julia Roberts. I think if Kate were to work with Gerry on a film, she would be like "Leo who?" (as in Leonardo DiCaprio).

Never seen "Philadelphia Story". What is it about? I can still imagine Gerry doing Cary Grant's role. I like Patrick Wilson. Prefer Kate Winslet over Julia Roberts. I think if Kate were to work with Gerry on a film, she would be like "Leo who?" (as in Leonardo DiCaprio).

Here's the synopsis for the film from Wikipedia (it was a stage play originally)--and note that this time, Gerry would get the girl. It's a fun, fun film. LOVE IT!

"Tracy Samantha Lord Haven (Katharine Hepburn) is a wealthy Main Line Philadelphia socialite who had divorced C. K. Dexter Haven (Cary Grant), a member of her social set, because he did not measure up to her exacting standards. (He was an alcoholic, and her lack of faith in him exacerbated his condition.) She is about to marry nouveau riche "man of the people" George Kittredge (John Howard).

Spy magazine publisher Sidney Kidd (Henry Daniell) is eager to cover the wedding, and blackmails Dexter into introducing tabloid reporter Macaulay "Mike" Connor (James Stewart) and photographer Liz Imbrie (Ruth Hussey) as friends of the family so they can report on the wedding. Tracy is not fooled, but reluctantly agrees to let them stay, after Dexter explains that Kidd has an innuendo-laden article about Tracy's father, Seth (John Halliday), who, Tracy believes, is having an affair with a dancer. Though Seth is separated from Tracy's mother Margaret (Mary Nash) and Tracy harbors great resentment against him, she wants to protect her family's reputation.

Dexter is welcomed back with open arms by Margaret and Tracy's teenage sister Dinah (Virginia Weidler), much to Tracy's annoyance. In addition, Tracy gradually discovers that Mike has admirable qualities. Thus, as the wedding nears, Tracy finds herself torn between her fiancé, her ex-husband, and the reporter.

The night before the wedding, Tracy gets drunk for only the second time in her life and takes an innocent swim with Mike. When George sees Mike carrying an intoxicated Tracy into the house afterwards, he thinks the worst. The next day, he tells her that he was shocked and feels entitled to an explanation before going ahead with the wedding. Tracy takes exception to his lack of faith in her and breaks off the engagement. Then she realizes that all the guests have arrived and are waiting for the ceremony to begin. Mike volunteers to marry her (much to Liz's distress), but Tracy graciously declines. At this point, Dexter makes his bid for her hand, which she accepts."

Note, Gerry gets the girl in the end...and Patrick would be teamed up again with Judy Greer (they are in "Barry Munday").

And, I think Gerry would also be great in the Cary Grant role of Mortimer Brewster in a remake of "Arsenic and Old Lace"!

I`m sorry but, I am a really big Jimmy Stuart fan, and I could never in a million years imagine that film being re-done. I feel the exact same way about that rediculous attempt to re-do "Harvey" that the studios are/were trying to do a remake of.

In terms of actors/actresses I would love to see Gerry work with: Kate Winslet for sure, also Meryl Streep, and Ewan McGregor.

Hmmmm, great question. We've had a thread about which movies we'd like to see re-made with Gerry, and my vote still is and always will go to Some Like It Hot.

I would LOVE for him to work with Rachel McAdams. I think she's the cutest thing and a damn good actress. Kate Winslet is another actress who could handle him. And, of course, with the right script, Meryl Streep, not in a romance but in a really great Oscar worthy drama.

If he worked with Russell Crowe I might just explode, but God please?! Denzel Washington with Gerry in a movie would be awesome. Will Smith ... I can see a funny buddy movie or something. Sean Connery.

He needs to do another musical, and he should have been in Chicago instead of Richard Gere (who I like, but can't sing).

And, of course, I have to throw this out there ... I would love to see him do an episode of Supernatural, but that will never happen so it stays in my fantasies. :lol:

I'm sure I can think of many more ...

I would love to see someone write a continuation or another remake of a big screen version of Jane Austin's Emma with Gerry as Mr. Knightly.

Of course this is no surprise to people who know me Jennifer Ellison as Emma.

I would like Jen Aniston to play Mrs. Weston. Stephen Nichols to play Mr. Weston.

I would like Shelley Hennig as Jane Fairfax. I would like Jay Kenneth Johnson as Frank Churchill. I would like Mark Hapka as Robert Martin and Molly Burnette as Harriet Smith.

I watched 3 different versions of Emma of late, plus I finally got to read the book and I love the story.

I would really love to see this story continued from after the marriages of the Churchills, Martins, and of course Mr. and Mrs. George Knightly. :wuv:

I also very much want to see Gerry work with Emmy, Patrick, Jen, and Miranda again if they make a screen version of Love Never Dies.

Since Stephen Nichols is another one of my favorite actors. I would love to see Gerry make anything with him.

Oh, and a comedy with Queen Latifah. They had oodles of chemistry on Leno that one night. I just love her too.

Love,

Tracy

:hug:

Edited by JustCallMeTracy

I absolutely LOVED Richard Gere in Chicago, like loved him. I remember being so upset the he wasn`t nominated like everyone else was. He has that great jazzy kind of voice, plus his musical theater background, come on :p

I forgot about Gary Oldman...I would die if Gerry got to work with him...especially because Gerry reminds me so much of Gary Olman, as an actor I mean. They both have that incredible screen pressence.

Hmmm.. Meryl Streep. That's a good idea! Definitely a drama, can't imagine them as a romantic couple... Rachel McAdams is a great actress. Haha, Gerry and Will Smith, that could be funny (but not in a movie that might be copying "Lethal Weapon"). I also like Eric Bana, maybe Eric and Gerry? Or Robert Downey, Jr.? Antonio Banderas? (The screen might blow up from all the sexiness..., might be too dangerous!)

Hmmm.. Meryl Streep. That's a good idea! Definitely a drama, can't imagine them as a romantic couple... Rachel McAdams is a great actress. Haha, Gerry and Will Smith, that could be funny (but not in a movie that might be copying "Lethal Weapon"). I also like Eric Bana, maybe Eric and Gerry? Or Robert Downey, Jr.? Antonio Banderas? (The screen might blow up from all the sexiness..., might be too dangerous!)

No, not a copy of Lethal Weapon cause those are classic on their own. But they would be hilarious together. I think Eric and Gerry are too similar but they would definitely be awesome to look at together. It would have to a serious movie with the two of them (like Munich - OMG Eric was so fabulous in that!). RDJ could likely overshadow Gerry so it would depend on the script.

Meryl Streep rarely does anything wrong so I think if Gerry could get a movie with her it would be watched by so many and his talent would be in everyone's face.

Ewan MacGregor and Gerry? How cool would that be? :D

Hugh Jackman? :heat: Would go in the Russell Crowe category.

I would hate it if Gerry did a superhero/comic book movie. I'm also done with the romantic comedies.

This is fun ...

Lisa

Ick, I agree, No Superhero films.Like for real. Gerry is way too good an actor to do that genre anyway. The only excepetion would be is if it were a "The Dark Knight" vehicle. Christian Bale is such a great Batman and Heath Ledger, alive or not now, that guy could act and he made the Joker unforgettable. So if and only if it were a Superhero film like that, would I want Gerry to do it.

It would be very cool if Gerry and Ewan McGregor worked together :D him or James McAvoy, either way, I would VERY happy.

I do not really care for Eric Bana as an actor, I don`t know why, but there is something about him that I don`t like. Now, Clive Owen...there`s another story lol.

Though I know he is retired, I will love to see Gerry

work with Sir Sean Connery. Both are incredibly sexy

and extraordinary actors.

Edited by bermos

This is a great question! I would like him to work with: Kate Winselt, Sandra Bullock, Helen Mirren, Meryl Streep, Hugh Jackman, Ewan McGregor, Russell Crowe, Viggo Mortensen and Denzel Washington.

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/index.php?showforum=261

I love the story that Jodi (TopazVonz) and Chey (Iliessa) write about Laird and Rebecca Brodie of Lothian, Scotland in Biante Amach made into a book and then a screen play and then to star Gerry and Kate Beckinsale.

I am psyched about the movie he has ahead of him called Slide. I think Gerry will bring it on that.

I love to see everyone's ideas explored by Gerry as he is my favorite Movie actor. I think everything he does is amazing. :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Love,

Tracy

:hug:

More!

Julianne Moore, definitely. <3 I love her.

And as you said, Gary Oldman, OMG... Robert Downey Jr, again, under the direction of mr. Ritchie. (back to my dreams of the Sherlock Holmes sequel... well xD).

It's great that some of you like Rachel McAdams! I'm thinking of making a video of her and Gerry and posting it here, just to get an idea of what it would be like ;).

Edited by ocsarah

There was talk of reuniting Gerry and Katherine Heigel for a remake of "Romancing the Stone."

He would be great in the Michael Douglas role--he can be adventurous and romantic!

Hmm... I suppose that remake could work. Lately I just roll my eyes at the movies that have been remade (Wall Street, Nightmare On Elm Street, Karate Kid, Robin Hood). Anyways, Gerry is wayyyyyyy hotter than Michael Douglas. Just please, no remake of FATAL ATTRACTION!

I don't understand the remaking of movies that aren't older than 20 years. I would think people would rather see some remakes of movies that we wouldn't compare them to very much. A good example of a remake that was a hit was the Father of the Bride movies. How many of us have see the originals? Not many cause they're both called something else. LOL

I would rather see Gerry find new movies with smart scripts than do remakes. I would hate for him to do a remake of Romancing the Stone. I think it would tank, being constantly compared to the original by my generation who loved the original because it WAS original.

I just need to get my script done so he and Rachel and get a good movie made! :D

I would love to see Gerry in an action/adventure flick with Oded Fehr. They look enough alike (when Gerry is tanned)they could be brothers and both can be very cheeky. Very HOT combo!

Suzie

I may have said it here or someplace else(Facebook perhaps) that I'd love to see Gerry do one episode of either CSI or CSI:NY...I could so see him as a murder suspect trying to charm Katherine or Stella and butt heads with Mac Taylor. I think Gerry and Gary(Sinise) would be a great. It'll never happen I'm sure, but I can dream.

I thiink Gerry would be amazing in Paul Newman's role if they remade Cat On A Hot Tin Roof. JMO

Edited by Christine ONeal

I thiink Gerry would be amazing in Paul Newman's role if they remade Cat On A Hot Tin Roof. JMO

OMIGOSH, YES!!!

Or the in the Long Hot Summer...

Or as Joe McGillis in "Sunset Boulevard" with Glenn Close or Meryl Streep playing Norma Desmond...

I'd also like to see him in an early American Revolutionary War Period piece. Longer hair, beard, full accent, breeches and boots...riding up on a horse... *drifts off into fantasy*

I think Gerry should work with Michael Douglas. Both are incredibly strong actors,

extremely funny and have a great persona. :D

OMIGOSH, YES!!!

Or the in the Long Hot Summer...

Or as Joe McGillis in "Sunset Boulevard" with Glenn Close or Meryl Streep playing Norma Desmond...

I'd also like to see him in an early American Revolutionary War Period piece. Longer hair, beard, full accent, breeches and boots...riding up on a horse... *drifts off into fantasy*

So with you on all of this! Whoot!

I'd also love to see him work with Gary Oldman. Gary is such an incredible character actor.

Michael Douglas is a pompous arse and I can't stand him. Gerry needs to stay as far away from him as possible. :lol: JMHO

Fun thread!

So with you on all of this! Whoot!

I'd also love to see him work with Gary Oldman. Gary is such an incredible character actor.

Michael Douglas is a pompous arse and I can't stand him. Gerry needs to stay as far away from him as possible. :lol: JMHO

Fun thread!

Geez Lisa

what's up??

I think Gary Oldman and Gerry would make a great team, especially in a good Drama/Thriller.