Gerard Butler GALS
GerrysGalwayGirl

Actors/Actresses you would like to see Gerry work with in future films?

Geez Lisa

what's up??

I think Gary Oldman and Gerry would make a great team, especially in a good Drama/Thriller.

Ummm, I said I would love to see them work together so I'm not sure what your point is? :confused:

Up until Gerry came along in all his glory, Gary Oldman was my favorite actor, and he still is one of my favorites. I don`t know how he does it, but some of his performances are unbelievable. He is one of the strongest, most versitile character actors there is. I would die if Gerry worked with him.

Totally agree. He's one of those actors, just like Gerry, that once in a while you look and go, "THAT's Gary Oldman?" I totally agree they would be FABULOUS in a movie together.

I too would love to see Gary Oldman and Gerry in a thriller together!

As for Michael Douglas, yes he can be a pompous arse, but that in no way effects his talent as an actor, and I think he and Gerry would play well off of each other.

I don't understand the remaking of movies that aren't older than 20 years. I would think people would rather see some remakes of movies that we wouldn't compare them to very much. A good example of a remake that was a hit was the Father of the Bride movies. How many of us have see the originals? Not many cause they're both called something else. LOL

I would rather see Gerry find new movies with smart scripts than do remakes. I would hate for him to do a remake of Romancing the Stone. I think it would tank, being constantly compared to the original by my generation who loved the original because it WAS original.

I just need to get my script done so he and Rachel and get a good movie made! :D

Some of my choices are simply because I love Gerry and I love the movie. I know it would not be practical to remake some movies so soon. I am just having fun. I like to fantasize about Gerry in a lot of movies and books. Sometimes all the heroes and heroines = in my historical novels, Harlequins, and Silhouettes become Gerry and Jen. Yeah, I am obsessed. :hmm:

Gerry seems to have a ton of projects ahead and I know he will excel at whatever he does.

I just really love Gerry Butler and Jen Ellison and would love to see them make another movie together. They do not have to be a couple. They could be siblings, enemies, or Jen could just be in a supportive role like in POTO. Now Gerry must be the lead because he has earned his way up to not settle for less plus I like him lots of lots of scenes. :whoa:

I am hoping that they do make a film version of Love Never Dies and like I said earlier I want the actors from POTO *The Gerik version* :phantom: Gerry, Emmy, Patrick, Jen, and Miranda in it.

I wouldn't mind seeing a lot of the novels, fan fic and role play inspired by Gerry made into movies. Especially like I said before Jodi and Chey's. Love to see Sadie's, Sharon's and Swannie's books made into movies, but oh my that would be :erik: everywhere. Not that that is a bad thing. I do love Erik. :donjuan:

Oh, and Gerry and Jen Aniston have chemistry in spades. They could remake all of Rock Hudson and Doris Day's movies and I'd be happy. :bow2:

Lisa,

I have got to get down to the fan fiction section and read all the stories down. My darn feet give me hell swelling. So it is hard to sit and read. Are you still writing the Jack story? I want to read all the stories. :bow:

Gerry and Gary Oldman would be cool. They both have played like the ubber vampire before haven't they?

I still cannot help, but mention Stephen Nichols again. Yeah, he is a soap actor, but he is far beyond your every day soap opera actor.

Love,

Tracy

:hugs:

P.S. I think everyone can want Gerry to make whatever movie with whatever actor they like. That is what makes this fun. It is fantasy unleashed. Hubby would run me off because I could watch Gerry all day. :lalala:

Edited by JustCallMeTracy

I too would love to see Gary Oldman and Gerry in a thriller together!

As for Michael Douglas, yes he can be a pompous arse, but that in no way effects his talent as an actor, and I think he and Gerry would play well off of each other.

I agree in that MD is a pretty good actor. Very strong presence. For me, ever since I watched his commentary on The Perfect Murder (great movie) I haven't liked him. I think I'm the kind of person who if I don't like an actor as a person (albeit only what I can see as a spectator), then it doesn't matter how talented they are, I just won't watch their movies.

Tracy, I didn't mean to insinuate that your desire to see Gerry remake some more modern movies was a bad thing. I realize that sometimes when I'm in a hurry to post something it comes out way more "snarky" than I mean for it to. Of course everyone is entitled to their likes and dislikes and wants for Gerry movies. I'm sorry, sweetie ... I don't know my own brain sometimes.

It's my own thing about remakes. I don't like most of them, especially the TV shows becoming movies is an irritant of mine. But that doesn't give me the right to inflict those opinions on others instead of just sharing them.

Oh, and no, I'm not doing the Jack story. Logan is my heart and soul now. :)

So, we're all in agreement. Gerry should work with Gary Oldman. Now, who's gonna tell him? :lol:

Tracy, I didn't mean to insinuate that your desire to see Gerry remake some more modern movies was a bad thing. I realize that sometimes when I'm in a hurry to post something it comes out way more "snarky" than I mean for it to. Of course everyone is entitled to their likes and dislikes and wants for Gerry movies. I'm sorry, sweetie ... I don't know my own brain sometimes.

It's my own thing about remakes. I don't like most of them, especially the TV shows becoming movies is an irritant of mine. But that doesn't give me the right to inflict those opinions on others instead of just sharing them.

Oh, and no, I'm not doing the Jack story. Logan is my heart and soul now. :)

So, we're all in agreement. Gerry should work with Gary Oldman. Now, who's gonna tell him? :lol:

Logan, hmm an original character? :hmm: I love those. MMMM :bow2:

Maybe you should write a script. :whome2: No, not you ,a script for you.

I didn't think it was snarky. I am always just explaining myself. Including my obsessive double fandom. I know some of my ideas are just unpractical, but fantasy doesn't have to be practical. :ohbaby:

People like what they like and you do not have to like remakes.

I am sure if Gerry or Jen either one read some of my posts or looked at my you tube acct.

They would probably both think I was crazy. :flee:

Love,

Tracy

:hug:

P.S. I still really, really want the Love Never Dies made though. :erik:

P.P. S. Someone call Gerry and Gary. :detect:

Edited by JustCallMeTracy

Ummm, I said I would love to see them work together so I'm not sure what your point is? Posted Image

Seems like you could express your disdain for MD in a less abrasive manner, Lisa.

Perhaps that's what Bermos was trying to make a point of, although I'm certainly not putting words in her mouth.

I appreciate your latest post and am glad you see that you realize you can come across as snarky. Now that you have this realization, please post more slowly and with that same awareness in future. Posted Image

And YES! Gary Oldman and Gerry would be awesome in a movie together, especially since Gary is one of the actors that Gerry admires. Posted Image

Thanks, Katie. :) I think Sherrell confused me because she said Gary Oldman not Michael Douglas. :lol:

So we need a script that calls for Gerry, Gary Oldman and Rachel McAdams.

You know, there are a lot of younger new actors out there, and they're so popular that it would be kinda cool to see Gerry working with some of the more talented of those kids. Zac Efron is my favorite of the new generation, and I think he and Gerry would be good in a movie together. Not sure what type, but we're just throwing names out there so ...

I loved the idea of him working with Julia Stiles in Burns, and I really hope she's still interested. She's a family favorite (my oldest son loves her) and so talented.

While I love the Twilight series, I have yet to see any of them in something other than Twilight so I can't say for certain they're the type of actors I would like to see Gerry work with.

And personally, I wouldn't like it very much if Gerry was involved in a movie series like that where he was slated to play the same character more than once. Even my beloved Star Trek. Something like Lord of the Rings I could get on board with.

One more thing I would love to see Gerry do ... host or narrate something on the History Channel. Like a history of Scotland or something like that. Wouldn't that be cool? :)

Thanks, Katie. :) I think Sherrell confused me because she said Gary Oldman not Michael Douglas. :lol:

So we need a script that calls for Gerry, Gary Oldman and Rachel McAdams.

You know, there are a lot of younger new actors out there, and they're so popular that it would be kinda cool to see Gerry working with some of the more talented of those kids. Zac Efron is my favorite of the new generation, and I think he and Gerry would be good in a movie together. Not sure what type, but we're just throwing names out there so ...

I loved the idea of him working with Julia Stiles in Burns, and I really hope she's still interested. She's a family favorite (my oldest son loves her) and so talented.

While I love the Twilight series, I have yet to see any of them in something other than Twilight so I can't say for certain they're the type of actors I would like to see Gerry work with.

And personally, I wouldn't like it very much if Gerry was involved in a movie series like that where he was slated to play the same character more than once. Even my beloved Star Trek. Something like Lord of the Rings I could get on board with.

One more thing I would love to see Gerry do ... host or narrate something on the History Channel. Like a history of Scotland or something like that. Wouldn't that be cool? :)

Your idea about him doing something on the history of Scotland is a fabulous idea! Wow....I would so watch it just to see Gerry and also to learn more about Scotland. I'm planning to visit Scotland next year for about 1 1/2 weeks, England for a week and Ireland for about 1 1/2 - 2 weeks. We want to attend the Edinburgh Festival as well as "celebrate" our 40th birthday(UGH).

Edited by Christine ONeal

Your idea about him doing something on the history of Scotland is a fabulous idea! Wow....I would so watch it just to see Gerry and also to learn more about Scotland. I'm planning to visit Scotland next year for about 1 1/2 weeks, England for a week and Ireland for about 1 1/2 - 2 weeks. We want to attend the Edinburgh Festival as well as "celebrate" our 40th birthday(UGH).

(*Christine, TAKE A COAT!! We were there last August during the festival and nearly froze our arses off! I discovered August in Edinburgh is NOTHING like August in Texas!*)

I am firmly in the Gerry/Jackman camp for a movie. Or Gerry and Jackman and Oded Fehr! They'd have to take me out of the theater in a bucket because I'd have melted into a puddle of goo!

Suzie

I totally agree with Kate Winslet and Russel Crowe. I think Michael Douglas would be great too.

Suzie, Oded Fehr was sooo hot in the Mummy movies. :heat: But on his TV show someone told him to cut that gorgeous mane off and while he was still handsome and I love his voice, I missed the hair. I have a thing for Middle Eastern men so he really was a treat for me in the Mummy and the Mummy Returns. :cunning:

I think Gerry has the perfect voice for narration for something for the History or Discovery Channel. I wouldn't even care what was on the screen; just to listen to him talk for an hour describing the mating ritual of a dung beetle. Wow. :lol:

Gerry and Kate Winslet would be amazing as would Hugh Jackman but I don't think I could handle that much hotness at one time(Gerry and Hugh).

Men

I may be totally alone in this but personally, I would love to see him work with Robert Redford, Clint Eastwood, Warren Beatty, Hugh Jackman, Jack Nicholson and Dennis Hopper. If they do another on-screen project, Redford and Eastwood are my tied for 1st place picks. But if not on screen at least seeing him in a movie they produce and or direct would be just as amazing for me.

Women

Halle Berry, Meryl Streep, Maria Bello again, Rachel McAdams, Kate Winslet and Sandra Bullock.

Remakes

If Gerry were to play the role of Ben Quick in The Long Hot Summer.... :thud: that'd be all she wrote for this Gal :heat:

I would also love to see him in a remake of South Pacific and The African Queen.

Bex

Edited by ready2fly

If Gerry were to play the role of Ben Quick in The Long Hot Summer.... :thud: that'd be all she wrote for this Gal :heat:

Never seen "Thr Long Not Summer", BUT just the title alone, in connection with Gerry.... :cunning:

For me I'd 'flood the theatre from drooling at a Gerry B & Kevin Costner flick. :faint:

Never seen "Thr Long Not Summer", BUT just the title alone, in connection with Gerry.... :cunning:

For me I'd 'flood the theatre from drooling at a Gerry B & Kevin Costner flick. :faint:

Here, click on

The clip is a little long but very much worth the time to watch through to the end. Edited by ready2fly

If they do another on-screen project, Redford and Eastwood are my tied for 1st place picks. But if not on screen at least seeing him in a movie they produce and or direct would be just as amazing for me.

Clint Eastwood makes amazing movies. Last one I saw, Gran Torino, was wonderful. Gerry should definitely work with him.

Wow! This is a great thread. So many wonderful choices and possibilities . . . *big sigh*

I love the idea of Gerry doing narration for a documentary on Scotland; oh yeah, I'd be there.

Add in that I would love to see him narrate for the PBS's Nova series or any of their history and science programs. That would tie in my love for documentaries :) and just being able to listen to the man talk. :heat:

Also, I'd love to see Gerry star in another PBS Mystery series. I loved, The Jury! Maybe someday he will do another great PBS production.

Finally, I would love to see Daniel Radcliffe working with Gerry. Daniel has turned into one fine actor, and I think they would be great together.

I'd also be a happy camper, if Gerry and Hugh Jackman worked in anything together. :heat:

I think my list could go on forever, so those are my front runners. :kisswink:

Have a great day y'all.

Beachie

I'd like to see Gerard make a movie with Clive Owen. They are my two favorite actors and I love both of their accents.

Laura

Gerry doing a documentary on Scotland... OH MY! Beautiful man talking about a beautiful country... Love to hear that man talk! Heck he could read me the NYC phone book...

Another actress that I would love to see Gerry work with is Glenn Close. She is such a great actress and I think they would work so well together. I remember they were supposed to work together in a film adaptation of the Emile Zola novel "Therese Raquin", but unfortunately Gerry had to drop out of that project due to scheduling. That one in particular kills me that he to drop out of because I have read the book, and it`s an excellent read, and Gerry would have been so unbelievable as Laurent. As far as I know, that film has yet to be made, so...you never know, but it`s doubtful that he would do it.

Totally agree with Glenn Close! Susan Sarandon, too. I think she's really sexy. I can definitely see Susan and Gerry in a hot steamy movie together! :heat:

I forgot Eva Green, who is an absolutely poverful, beautiful woman.

I must have something with French actresses, LOL.

I would hate it if Gerry did a superhero/comic book movie. I'm also done with the romantic comedies.

This is fun ...

Lisa

I so agree. No more romantic comedies UNLESS they're done right. Not to say I haven't enjoyed for a hot second the ones he has done recently but they have been very formalic and I would love to see something done a bit different. I liked his chemistry w/Stellan Skarsgard in B/G so it would be nice to see them work together again and maybe throw his son Alexander in on the mix. Yummy! They can do some sort of mystery drama revolving around his son's involvement w/a crime or whatever and his places the trust in Gerry, but then in the end you find that Gerry was the one that committed the crime against his son or something like that. Yes, it has been done as well in a similiar way (are there any original options :-)), but I think if done right it could work. A little twist in the end. I just want him to use his talent and not just look good. I don't want to lust for him on the screen I want to be on the edge of my seat wondering what he's going to do next in the upcoming scene.

Cassie