Gerard Butler GALS

3/31 - Architectural Digest 'drops' April 6th

I am so happy that Gerry has a nice comforting place to live in his hectic life. It definitely looks like it was worth the wait! It fits him perfectly!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not been able to get in touch with the person who was going to send me a copy of both the W magazine and AD. As I live in the UK is there anyone who would like to take pity on me as I can pay using Paypal.

J

The plants I agree when would he be home to take care of them especially the way they looked plus he's single and a male so rent a plant or fake ones maybe. Lolita would have been a nice touch too.Posted Image

I'll bet Gerry has a service that takes care of the plants on a weekly basis. I have heard that many New Yorkers depend on one to spruce up the greenry. He probably has a housekeeping service too and someone who stocks up the fridge when he will be staying. I have all those services too - it's called ME!

Suzie

Don't get me wrong! I think the photos of Gerry's loft were outstanding and well done, but not much "imagination" was thrown in to them.

For instance, if I would have been the photog, I would have suggested that Gerry be in them. Then, for the beginning shot, he and Lolita greeting you at the door, distressed jeans, bare feet, open shirt, leading you in past the dining area to the living room, then Gerry preparing something in the kitchen himself then end the whole thing with the bedroom shot. And of course that would be tastefully executed in that beautiful brass bed, brocade cover cluttered with throw pillows with the cover pulled slightly back exposing the inviting crisp white linens underneath and of course one very fine, very in the buff scottish actor, casually, comfortably lying on his side, the light from the window behind him casting a sensual glow over the curve of his body, outlining his exquisite form, following his broad shoulders along all the way down to his bare feet and the look on his handsome face is pensive, but soft, intelligent and masculine as he studies a script spread out in front of him, nothing left to the imagination except that one area Lolita is napping peacefully in front of, strategically placed so, but barely covering, in order to keep the whole pic PG 18 at least.

Now THAT would have been a photo shoot! Where the heck's Annie Lebovitz when you need her?

Delene

Edited by GBPhanatic

Oh Delene~ you crack me up!

Annie Lebovitz doing a photo shoot of Gerry is one of my greatest desires! I have been a fan of hers since the mid 80's. She captures people like no one else!

As for the AD spread...I can't stop looking at it!! It's like Gerry and Elvis were reading my mind!

I can say this about Gerry's place; looking at some of the other abodes of celebrities in this issue, Gerry's is the one that I could honestly feel totally at home in and not like I couldn't touch anything for fear of messing it up! Gerry's place to me says, "aaaahhh" when you see it! Comfortable and cozy and that place to retreat to when your head is weary and your mind is racing and your beat up from the feet up!

There just is not much you can say about other interior decorating styles because they are either straight line contemporary which can seem too cold to me or regular traditional if you like that and are all one style or color theme based. My own style, if you'd call it that, is more European countryside but I like the mismatched pieces and wide variety of colors. I also like Americana/country, rustic lodge and southwestern too but I think the decor should reflect the design of the structure and the area where it is. Gerry's loft being in the city is perfect for his sort of urban provencial design.

Gerry's is definately eclectic with his mix of woods and metals and as I said before, you could sit down in Gerry place and look around and see a dozen things that are conversational pieces. That gives it a very relaxing and warm atmosphere as well. It looks like things that Gerry just saw and liked. I just love it!

I'm hoping some day he lets us see his place in LA. I'm dying to see how he decorated around a pool table and arcade games in the living room! Sounds like his style there shows he likes to "play" when in LA!

Delene

Hum, am I the only one who thinks that it is unpractical to live in this kinda museum? Well, it is possible to invite friends in places like that and to organize parties, etc. Don't get me wrong, I DO really like his apartment. Maybe the thing is that I have always been into more minimalistic style   :unsure:

I am not a minimalist but I do kinda see your point.It is the perfect apartment/loft for a single person or a couple with no kids.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...