Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome

Susan~Sporran

Iayup! Ah Nor'easter, fah shure!

Zany...loved the weather maps and quotes! Our family adores weather-related stuff.

We had 8 inches overnight, and 8 in the last two hours alone, at least in our corner of Connecticut! Good thing my hubs has a 4 wheel drive, he was able to take Steven to his job at the market.

Winds here are intermittent...and only 90 homes in CT reported w/o power, near the capitol, Hartford.

The visibility is pretty low, too. Day for me to stay in...the roads aren't plowed yet...not the local ones nor the State Rt.7, nor I95! Yikes! And our driveway's been plowed ($50 each time), twice already! Gaaah!!

Hugs,

Barb

Barb ~ Ours started early this am I think...By 9 am it was really coming down.

The storm lulled for a bit and now at 12:36 pm it's started again.

The big fat fluffly snow flake kind. It's just beautiful!

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones that can stay home and enjoy it from inside.

We have two 4 wheel drive trucks and I'd still be worried on the roads today.

It's funny.....there was hardly any snow on the ground around here and now

it's everywhere! lol

I hope you don't lose power!

Beanie ~ It is lovely! Sking, snowmobiling, snowtubing all sounds great to me right now!

Swan ~ Did you say spring? lolPosted Image

Posted Image

Edited by zanyzombie

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Zany,

It's Spring in Portland Or. It is overcast today, but there are bands of blue in the clouds. The trees are budding, and yesterday, the sky was a gorgeous and completely clear deep blue. Neighbors were mowing their lawns, and trimming hedges. It's still chilly in the evening and early morning, but in the afternoon, folks walk around outdoors in light-weight jackets and some are already wearing shorts and Birkenstocks!

I WISH we had snow here, but it is a rare thing, and even when it does snow, it never hangs around on the ground for long.

Nathan is not improving, he was all up all night and so was I. It's difficult to watch him go through this again, but once he is treated.... he'll recover just fine.

I got a lot of writing done on Chanson last night, but did enjoy the first night of Olympic figure skating and speed skating!

Been hanging out in the multi-media forum, what a way to fan the flames of G.A.L.S. :gotgals0ll:

Swan

Jen ~ thanks for sharing your pictures - you got some great ones (I saved a couple of them with me in them, hope that's OK). I love that you gave the t-shirt to Margaret - it looks like you wrote a note on it for Gerry, did you ask her to give it to him? That's so cool!!

Susan - It's very ok that you got some of my pics. I'm absolutely cool with anyone taking any of the pics - that's the benefit of traveling with a bunch of women with cameras....because you know that no matter how many pics you take, you'll always miss one that you love, and someone else will have gotten it!

Yeah, I did give the shirt to Mum. Believe me, when I had it signed I wasn't thinking about it, I was fully intending to keep it. But then Mum and the family showed up, and he sounded so sad to have missed our party and meeting us that I was just like, "Aww hell, I'll just sign it myself and give it to him!". So yes, I did write a note on a non-signed part...right under the boobs....(which I didn't realize that you could read....hey BETHY!! You can see your name on my shirt!). So yes, I handed it over. I don't think it'll fit him, Alex was reminding me that maybe he'll be able to fit into it after he's not so huge from 300, but I think it'll just end up on the wall or something. Who knows. Crud - I don't care if he uses it as a bath towel (that's enough to give a girl an instant Gerrygasm), but I think he'll appreciate that so many of us signed it. But yeah, Mum said that she'd make sure that he got it. I asked her first about it, because I didn't know if he'd want it or not, but she got the biggest smile and said, "Did you all do this in the past two days? He'd LOVE this!"

And all - yeah, both Susan and I told Mum about Gerry's call to Bethy. I told his step-Dad Alex too. Both seemed moved, but not surprised. It seems everybody knows about Gerry's big heart! :inlove:

But you should know that it was our lovely Sporran that told Martyn about Bethy's call. And yes, it was one of the most moving stories told....I told a few other Tarts as well. But Susan gets things done! And it's good that Martyn, our reporter, understood that things aren't one-way with Gerry! :yippee:

Hey G - we love you...be my valentine????? (And don't procrastinate about it, because I love your Mum enough to ask her too!!!!) :inlove:

Hello to all, I'm back home from my brother's place. No fancy computer anymore just my old machine ::D:

It was not exactly a relaxing weekend, my sis in law had serious family problems. On Friday evening she was more or less constantly on the phone to Brazil.

I wish spring would come, but despite the fact that we don't have any snow in the lower regions, its freezing cold and it won't change for at least another week. Its a very long winter this time I think.

Jen, thanks for sharing your stories about meeting Mum and the T-shirt and just everything with us. I'm just a tiny wee little bit envious ::D:

Good thoughts and hugs go out to all of you who need it.

Barb, I try to mail a little something to you this week. Something yummy...(not Gerry related)

Hmmm, I'm in the mood to play with Dracula...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

You guys, I feel even worse today. I'm going to have to go back to the doc's tomorrow. I can't breathe and I can't talk.

I just got up and I'm going back to bed.

Love you all. :hugs:

Sarah, here in the States it is still 2 days til Gerrytines Day.

And all of you sitting in hip deep snow try not to hate me when I tell you the weather where I am today (yes, at home, in The O.C.) it is blue skies and the temperature right now is 91 degrees! It doesn't usually get that hot here even in the middle of summer. This may be a record high heat day for us for February 12 (which is Abraham Lincoln's birthday). Yes, we ran right past winter and spring and dead into summer already!

Lish, hope the meds start working soon. Sometimes you have to try a different antibiotic, so if the one you got yesterday isn't helping by tomorrow then see if the doc will give you another one. Sorry you feel so terrible. I know, you are really just sick that Gabriel isn't going to be around for a few days. When he gets back you'll feel better, I'm sure.

Hi ya'll

Just a quck drive by. I'm taking a little break from studying - got a monster test on Wed. (Cardiac & Respiratory stuff) :confused: Not my favorite :wall:

Heard about all the snow in the east, here in the panhandle, its just cold and WINDY!!! Have to gaze on some Gerry pics to warm up!! :greatking: :beo: :terrymuscles:

Bought Atilla last week, but haven't had a chance to watch it yet. :angry: But hopefully, soon! :inlove:

Bethy: your in my thoughts and prayers

Lish: hope you get to feeling better soon

Hope everyone has a good week and a Happy Gerrytines Day!! :mopboyjackie: :hearts:

Hi all

i've been on my computer all day and just realized that everything on it lately is gerry realited

how sad am I

I've been to all his web sites and there are a lot

My GALS is growing

Hope that you gals who are not well get well soon

Gerry thoughts sent your way

becki

Edited by rebecca

Lish, hope you get better soon. This doesn't sound good.

Stargazer - I do believe you will enjoy Attila ::D:

Becki, I don't think you find much help in curing your addiction here, but I don't think you want to be cured ::D:

Before I say goodnight some GOTL pics, showing Gerry's expressive face.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

His smile melts me into a puddle..

Posted Image

and at last his puppy dog face

Posted Image

Have a nice day, evening, night everyone!

Risa

Hey all,

Lish, I hope you feel better soon honey, keep us posted.

Suz, I did find it, but I just can't seem to stop now, there's so many other things to explore...

So, I go back to work Thursday :woo: I'm sure in a few months I'll be complaining about working constantly, but for now I'm happy I will have something to do. The boss told me I don't have to go in the first day to set things up, which in one way is cool 'cause I won't blister my palms bedding down all the stalls (my calluses have worn down from lack of pitch fork LOL) but on the other hand, the girl who is going to be there is a pain in the heinie and I know I'm just going to have tons to reorganize once I do go in anyway. But I get to see my kids again yay...

Gerry, we need something, anything....some glimpse that you still exist out there somewhere???

It's far too quiet in here...

:hugs:

D

I'm with ya Dawn on wondering where the man is.... has he already started filming on Butterfly? Did he get a little break to go someplace warm and sunny (like here where it is over 90 degrees today?) or spending some time with his family or friends? Well, I will just have to hope that no news is good news and means he is happy and healthy where ever he may be just now. But I too hope we get to see something, a glimpse, a single photo, tangible proof that he is out there someplace and doin' fine.

:JOTSGerrycamel: just saw this emoticon for the first time so I had to use it.

But you should know that it was our lovely Sporran that told Martyn about Bethy's call. And yes, it was one of the most moving stories told....I told a few other Tarts as well. But Susan gets things done! And it's good that Martyn, our reporter, understood that things aren't one-way with Gerry!

Hey G - we love you...be my valentine????? (And don't procrastinate about it, because I love your Mum enough to ask her too!!!!)

Jen and Susan ~ I don't know what to say, but thank you!

Edited by zanyzombie

Sorry so many of us aren't feeling well. I hope that everyone who isn't feels well soon and that everyone with health problems in their families will also feel well soon :cheer:

Luvphantom & Jennifer: thanks for the Draculicious pictures! Right-clicks all around! :cunning:

Gerry's mum is so cool! I think that it is great that some of his family came to the convention. Believe me, if I had had the money, I would have been there in an instant! I do believe that the fact that Gerry is so close to his family says good things about him. :stranger:

Here in Utah it is just cold, no wet weather this week. We are having an inversion, which is when warm air traps cold air in a valley and creates yucky smog. I hate it because it makes my allergies flare up. We had an inversion two years ago that caused all the trees to frost up like christmas trees and the temperature was about 17 degrees (Fahrenheit) for two weeks straight! I hope that all the GALS in the eastern USA are safe and have power. Be careful out there!

Mousie

PS: 90 degrees in the OC, grrrrr :angry:

Good Morning,

Lish, how are you feeling today? :funnyface:

Dawn, Beachie, Songbird and Amy, sorry I flew out of our chat last night. I thought I was going to pass out and had to head back to the bed. Forgive me? :bootyshake:

Sofie, I miss you. Come back :bleh:

I posted this picture yesterday but no one acknowledged it so I thought I would give it a shot again today.

Posted Image

They were all dressed up for church and I couldn't resist.

Have a good day.

Suz :kisswink:

Suz, had it not been for my narcotic cough syrryp, I'd have remembered to tell ya that those little ones are just plain adorable!!

I'm feeling mch better today. I get impatient when I'm not better the first day on meds.

Thanks for checking on me, everyone! I still can not speak, but hubby is kinda ok with that.

It's when I'm sick that I'm reminded why I love him. He took care of me the last 2 days. Cooked for me, cleaned because my sister was coming to visit, went and bought me soup... He's awesome. He's still a poop, but he's awesome.

Good for him Lish. I wish I was as tickled with men as you are right now.

Dawn, say it with me now.......

MEN! BLAH...........................................