Gerard Butler GALS
becozy

4/21 - Gerry on location-Serbia - Coriolanus

I think the comment about him being "afraid of his own shadow" is snarking because he won't grant interviews to the Serbian press. And then they blew their supposedly accurate coverage of his time there by saying he hadn't left his hotel room. I guess that paper doesn't read the competition, do they? :doh:

I can believe the part about getting separated from his assistant and his checked bags, if he jumped on the first standby jet out of LAX. But I doubt he spent more than one day without his clothes, from what he wore to the one of the nightclubs. And I can even accept that he wanted an HDTV in his trailer, since he reportedly likes to watch DVDs on his free time. (He supposedly watched a few with Jen on set.)I can also believe that he didn't want to move into a house furnished in European Modern, since his tastes don't run that way. Big whoop, all of this, IMO.

Honestly, without actually trying to defend anyone, there weren't any negative comments about Gerry in Serbian press. Some of the articles are poorly written, I'll admit that, and this one is THE WORST of them all. So, this is basically all the negative press regarding Gerry.

Sadly, a lot was lost in translation (in all of the articles mentioned here)-- especially through Google Translate. Majority of articles are on Gerry having fun, enjoying himself, working really hard, and him praising Belgrade. We honestly love having him here, as well as Ralph Fiennes and all of the other actors.

Posted Image

I'm sorry, I should have qualified my statement. There were negative comments on one of the articles...not the article itself.

Posted Image

As far as requesting the TV, when the heck does he have time to watch it? Of course, unless there are times when he actually goes "home" after a hard day on the set and relaxes! Is that possible? :doh:

Delene

It’s easy based on articles like this filled with inaccuracies and exaggerations to get a rather muddy picture on how Gerry spends his time. Based on his patterns when he has been working on other movies, he seems to go out socializing once or twice a week at the most. But because of who he is everything he does is blown up much larger then it really is. There is lots of down time on movie sets and he might not be needed on set everyday. The flat or house may afford him more privacy rather then a hotel where there might be workers who will tip off the press to his coming and goings. This sort of thing happened when he was shooting LAC too, lots of unverified gossip that made Gerry out as a 24 hour party boy with dozens of girlfriends. But somehow or other he managed to make a very successful movie in between all those parties! ;)

BTW, did I read correctly that they say that Gerry is still a chain smoker who cannot manage to give up the habit??? Someone did not do their homework! :-)

You've read it and understood it correctly...

I just have to say it again -- stupid, silly, scandalous-wanna be article... :(

No, they didn't do their homework, and this is the only part of the article that I feel a need to respond to. They used a very old quote from Gerry about his attempts at quitting smoking, but newer fans might not know that. Knowing how hard Gerry worked to quit over and over, it kinda upsets me to see this type of "reporting".

It's a shame that an article like this has been published while he's in Serbia. I'm sure the film production is providing Serbia with many jobs and lots of money being spent on hotels, food, etc. I was really hoping for better publicity. Then again, this is only the first one we've seen like this so hopefully it won't continue too badly.

That being said, I still thank you Tamara for continuing to provide us with articles, pictures and translations. :ty:

Lisa

his personal coach came to Belgrade and according to this article he is also kind of a therapist. People around him say that he is afraid of his own shadow

Now see...I was confused cause I took it they were talking about his personal coach?? :doh: I don't pay any attention to a lot of this stuff anyway! But PULEEZE! Gerry ...a DIVA! Yeah when...:pigsfly:

Frannie

No, they didn't do their homework, and this is the only part of the article that I feel a need to respond to. They used a very old quote from Gerry about his attempts at quitting smoking, but newer fans might not know that. Knowing how hard Gerry worked to quit over and over, it kinda upsets me to see this type of "reporting".

It's a shame that an article like this has been published while he's in Serbia. I'm sure the film production is providing Serbia with many jobs and lots of money being spent on hotels, food, etc. I was really hoping for better publicity. Then again, this is only the first one we've seen like this so hopefully it won't continue too badly.

That being said, I still thank you Tamara for continuing to provide us with articles, pictures and translations. :ty:

Lisa

I agree...an extremely unprofessional job on the reporting here...guess it never occurred to whoever wrote it that Gerry's many true fans would know better than to believe some of this junk. I kept thinking, as I read the article, "WHO in the world are they talking about here? That doesn't sound like Gerry!" Also, my thanks go to you too, Tamara!