Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

Sue-love the pictures! That pool sure looks inviting! :)

Marcie-I've used Symantec, McAfee and Kaspersky at one time or another. I've always kept them updated. I never had virus problems until I started Facebook. I think my yahoo email address was either corrupted by a virus or a data base that contained that email address was hacked. That's why I closed that account. My daughter had to close an email account about a year and a half ago, before she got her Mac, when someone hacked into her My Space account. I'm still on Facebook, but I will no longer accept anyone I don't know personally as a friend, or play any games. I'm also severely limiting the stuff that I'll accept, gifts, etc. Facebook is actually kinda boring now! ;)

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just popping in for a sec! Elissa ...you sure are having a time with viruses and puter glitches Sweetie! I'm funny about facebook myself...I won't confirm anyone I don't know ... as a matter of fact I don't go on much myself and I never play the games.. Actually it's a little confusing for me too! :p

Sue....those boys are absolutely the cutest!! Yeah...even the oldest one! B1... I can just imagine how you felt when B2 wanted to go home with you... I'd be a mess! Last time I was in NY my Lil' Mason (Tommy's son) the one with the seizures...BTW... they have been under control since the last time I wrote in the prayer thread... anyway...Deb and I stopped by the house on our way shopping and he was outside... he came over to the car while Deb ran inside and the conversation this little smarty had with me was amazing! he is like a little man... while we were pulling out he say's ...Bye Grandma but can you come back and sleep over? Tommy had a houseful or I would have! Maybe if I ever get back home (to NY) but you knew what I meant... I can have him over to spend the night...of course I don't know if his Mom will allow that ....that's a whole other story!

Suz....It's hot every where from what I can see... We've had 38 straight days of over 90 degrees and now they're saying by the end of the week we will probably be in the triple digits! YUCK!

Well I think it's my time to hit the sack...I will prolly watch tv for a while longer before falling asleep ....usually I fall asleep with my glasses on and Bobby takes them off me... Thank Goodness I sleep sitting up!

Well my friends...glad I could stop by!

SGD'S and {{{{HUGS}}} and :kiss:

Frannie

Edited by ladyfran

Marcie-I've used Symantec, McAfee and Kaspersky at one time or another. I've always kept them updated. I never had virus problems until I started Facebook. I think my yahoo email address was either corrupted by a virus or a data base that contained that email address was hacked. That's why I closed that account. My daughter had to close an email account about a year and a half ago, before she got her Mac, when someone hacked into her My Space account. I'm still on Facebook, but I will no longer accept anyone I don't know personally as a friend, or play any games. I'm also severely limiting the stuff that I'll accept, gifts, etc. Facebook is actually kinda boring now! ;)

Ahh, good ole Facebook! :tantrum: Hopefully you won't get anymore viruses.

Ahh, good ole Facebook! :tantrum: Hopefully you won't get anymore viruses.

From your lips to God's ears! I'm posting on Good Sport's computer today. My Macbook is at the Apple store along with my old pc laptop. They're doing a data transfer for me, moving over all my pictures and iTunes library. I'll pick them up tomorrow. Boy, the guys at the Apple shop are probably gonna think I'm stalking Gerry when they see how many pictures of him I have! :p

HELLO everyone! I am back from my wanderings.... (as in western Pennsylvania -- the most HUMID place I have ever been excepting only the Phillipines!!!!!!).....

Sounds like people have been busy and active -- rebuilding computers (poor Elissa), getting enrolled (Andrea), dealing with Facebook (I am only beginning on that journey)....and then the traveling Gramma's who have been babyboysittering!!!! How fun was that!

I got to spend a great long weekend with my brother and his family (i.e. my adored nephew)....we (he) played Wii, had a hotel sleep over (imagine blanket tents all over a Kingsized bedroom at a Comfort Inn using every piece of furniture in the place....swimming in the hotel pool, raiding the ice machine (all the things you take for granted but a little guy with limited full hotel experience sees as the MOST FASCINATING THING IN THE WORLD!!!!)....it was amazing. Then we decorated sugar cookies....ok, I didn't bake because the aforementioned humidity was in the mid-80's!!!! But, when it's all about frosting -- you can so frost store bought cookies!!! It was a good weekend.

Came home to the very saddest of news (times 3 or 4). One of my students from just last year drowned in the river (Sacramento) Sunday evening. She didn't have on a life vest and was on too flimsy a raft. Her best friend was with her (also from my room) and she had to be flown out by a helicopter. The 2 grown men (one, the girl's father) survived it, but the town is just destroyed by all of it. I immediately got active on my Facebook wall so the kids would know I was around. I guess I've been in contact with 30 or 40 of them or their parents so far in the past 24 hours..between that and the emails to my school account, the kids are so shook and looking to connect. My heart just goes out to her parents and the other little girl. Needless to say, the kids are not the only ones shook....there are no words that let me say where I am right now. It is just a thing beyond words.

Also came home to other news bulletins, both sad and glad .... man, RL gets soooo complicated some times, doesn't it? I'd rather just live on here some days -- and I think today is one of them.

Sorry to be such a downer. Hello to all my fellow GALS and PALS and special buddies! You always give me such a lift and so much joy. It is no wonder that I would immediately come here to find out how everyone is doing.

Much love ---- Jill :boohoo:

I'm so sorry, Jill! My daughter is a teacher and she gets very attached to some of her students. I know how distressing this is, and I'm sending prayers for the girl, her family and friends and for you. Tight hugs.

Suzie

So very sorry to hear about the children. I know how attached you become and then to comfort so many others while you're hurting inside. I was a nurse for many years and the children just rip your heartstrings out when bad things happen to them. Our prayers will be with you, the parents and the children. Take care and remember we are all connected. Pat

Oh Jill, of course I knew about the drowning (and the others also)....there has been a number of drowning this past few weeks up here in our little part of the world...including a two year old. I never put two and two together and thought that you probably knew that sweet little girl. I'm so sorry. If you need to talk, call me. Better yet, Sharon and Nick (that's Sharon's teenage grandson) and I are going to the movies this afternoon to see the new Leonardo DeCaprio movie and dinner afterwards at the outback. Call me if you would like to escape from real life for a wee bit.

Thanks everyone for your kind words about my boys.....they are what keeps me going!

hugs,

Sue

Well it's nice to have you home Jill but so sad at the same time... What tragic news to come home to. My prayers go out to the girl and her family...I know they are devastated as well as you....I'm joining Suz with some tight hugs for you my friend! It would be nice if you could join Sue ...helps to have great friends around in times of sorrow.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} Frannie

Edited by ladyfran

Oh thank you all. I have been very blue -- but keeping the chin up...but it's tough. Love you all for the hugs. Spent some time today with a few of the kids at a Starbucks...tough tough tough. Sue was right, while I was gone, we have had a couple more --- and the river is so high and so cold, these are not the first emergencies on the river. My heart and prayers go to all effected this way -- both here and far away. But thank you all for knowing what I needed to hear.

Now to find that Sue Gal!

Here is hoping everyone gets a chance to have FUN this weekend -- and hug those around you with big TIGHT HUGS.

Much love, Jill

(and you are my angels Sue, Elissa, Fran, and Suzie!)

:hearts:

Hi Gals,

How is everyone? My life is moving a warp speed. Getting ready to start second semester of nursing school. Oh by the way, I made the Dean's list for last semester. Sue and Jill, lets do lunch before school starts again. :ohbaby:

Absolutely Jenn! Jill and I are trying to get together next week for a movie and lunch or dinner. I've got Wed. or Friday open. Do either of those days work for you?

OH, and Posted Image on making the dean's list! I knew you would.

hugs,

Sue

Hello from hot hot humid Delaware! The heat index was 110 degrees here today! Staying inside all weekend and enjoying my weekend Fri-Sun off from babysitting. LOL. I love babysitting my 3 mo old granddaughter M-Thurs but I am ready for a break by the weekend. My daughter laughed when I told her that Thursday. She said taking care of a 3 mo old kinda wears you out, doesn't it? I said yep, she's all yours for the weekend now, mommy. LOL. She asked if I thought can handle this and I said of course I can, I love it! I get out of the house for a change every day. I have had enough of being home every day since I retired from my hospital transcription job.

I wanted to go to the State Fair today but not in this heat! Will try next weekend--may be a bit cooler and less humid.

Jill, glad you can get some lift on GALS from the sadness you have had. So sorry that happened.

Jenn, congrats on making the Dean's list in nursing school! That is quite an accomplishment! I know how hard it is, since my daughter went to Nursing School and is now an oncology nurse. Kudos to you! :clap:

I am going to get me some ice cream to cool down a bit! :yummy: Want to join me?

If it is hot where you are, dear friends, stay cool!

Hugs

Diane

Thanks Diane. The ladies here are always the best.

JENNIFER!!!! YOU ROCK! Dean's list and 3 kids? Good grief woman --- how wonderful is that! Lunch, you betcha.

Hot hot hot these days. Get out in that water to cool off! OR better yet Play in the spray my friends!!! (my goodness! What did I just say? :cunning: )

Jill

:archie::terry2::attila2:

Hello Gals.

Jill-so sorry for the loss you are going through right now.

Jennifer-congrats!

anything else i'm missing.I'm sorry.My brain is fried.

First off,so sorry i haven't be on here much.I haven't even been on my fb much the last several weeks,I post little snippets but not much other than that.

I've had a whirlwind of a week/weeks.Ya'll know we were sick awhile back.Well right after that,my brother and sister-in-law had some problems.So I had to deal with that on an emotional level and then twice I had to take care of my nieces as well.Once with my boys home,so there was a 4 yr old,two 2 yr olds and a 4 month old.And then once without the boys here.But still without my trusty play yard and front pack.So,that was a mess.And that's still not all smoothed out yet.I pray for the girls' sake that one at fault gets their act together.

Then my Dad had heat exhaustion Weds.That scared us all half to death.I have NEVER in my life heard my father cry out in pain.Especially cry out "Somebody help me!"So that was terrifying.He should've gone to the hospital but he refused to go.My ex husband was here playing with the boys and even he was saying "You need to call 911 Andrea,he needs an ambulance" I told him that it was my Mom's call.But if it had been just me,I would've called an ambulance.So we were worried about Dad killing over,thankfully he's of that strong,never gets sick,big barrel chest,in his 50's,hardly any wrinkles and no heart problems...type of leaning or else he might not have made it.He was sick at his stomach and had muscle cramps all over his body,even his fingers and toes.And I was trying at the same time to keep the boys from seeing their Pa-Pa like that.Then he didn't want to be left alone,so Mom stayed up till 11 and then I slept with my door open and he slept in his recliner so if he needed someone,I would hear him.I was up 3-4 times during the night,helping him get up(so he could go to the bathroom) and help him get back in the recliner.So I didn't get any sleep.We later found out from one of his co-workers that the day he collapsed he had been working from 9-1 nonstop with no breaks.Because he chose not to take a break.(he works outside).We also found out that he has been wrestling men half his age.He told these two 20 somethings that if the 2 of them could get him on the ground,he'd buy their lunch.They couldn't do it.So..we now know what he's been up to lol

On top of that,been dealing with my ex-husband who is actually being good right now*knock on wood* but who thinks that I have a baby.Yes...ladies.He thinks that I have been hiding a baby from him. :lol: He called when my nieces were here,and heard the baby crying and paused and asked "Is that a baby?????" I told him it was. I thought that was the end of it.Then the last 2 wks. when he comes to visit the boys,he always helps give them a bath before he leaves and you have to walk through my room to get there and he was studying my room lol Well,finally last night,my youngest was talking about the baby,the boys love their baby cousin.And he finally asked "Does Mommy have a baby????" :) So yes,by some miracle,I have a baby.(<---- hasn't even had a boyfriend in the last year) Mom and I were trying to decide whether to set him straight or mess with him and borrow a baby from someone lol

So...that's what I've been up to.

Oh also,today that temperature was in the triple digits,without the heat index.Autumn please come quickly.

Popping in to say, Hi Everyone!

I will be getting my computer back from the shop tonight, so I hope to back online on a regular basis very soon. Here are a few shoutouts,

April, missing you! Hope to be back online soon, so we can talk and catch up more. :hug1:'s

Tracy, I'm sending love and prayers your way. :hug:

Andrea, I've missed being around the Support Center. Hope you, the boys and family are well!

Well I need to send out some PM's, so I will drop back by as soon as I can.

Have a Great Day, :wave: Everyone!

Beachie

OH Andrea!

Hope your Dad is ok and doing better AND NOT WRESTLING!

But I say GO FOR IT! Borrow a baby, babysit, make a tape of your niece.....tease the heck out of the man! You can always say it was your soap operas later on! You've gotta love that from him!

Made my day, my friend. Made my day.

Lots of love to one and all.....Jill

Hello everyone! :wave: So it's been a while since I have been on gals. RL has been crazy, I am getting married on Saterday and I haven't had a lot of time for much else.

Well anyway I just stopped by to share something. My soon to be sister-in-law named her 2 year old son Leonidas. She appearently loved 300 and her and her husband decieded on that name. BTW Leo is such a cute little boy and ring bearer in my wedding. My fiance doesn't realy like the name, but what does he know :lol:

Erica!!!! It seems like forever since I've heard from you.....

I guess your original plans changed a wee bit huh? You're GETTING MARRIED! Posted Image sweetie.

You'll have to post some pictures please (and post one of Leo as well!)

hugs,

Sue

OH Andrea!

Hope your Dad is ok and doing better AND NOT WRESTLING!

But I say GO FOR IT! Borrow a baby, babysit, make a tape of your niece.....tease the heck out of the man! You can always say it was your soap operas later on! You've gotta love that from him!

Made my day, my friend. Made my day.

Lots of love to one and all.....Jill

As far as I know he hasn't wrestled lately.lol

I haven't messed with him yet and neither have I set him straight lol ;) Glad it made your day.

My kids have left for 5 days again.I ate a large salad and rented movies.I'm living large.lol

hummmmm...it is a wee bit quiet in here.....

Good morning my sweet friends. I've been pacing this morning waiting to here from my son on how my B2 did on the first leg of his trip with his daddy to North Carolina for a week. Well, they landed in Chicago about an hour ago and Bryan just sent me this picture from the airport:

Posted Image

It looks to me like he is having a grand time. Bryan called and said that he slept most of the plane ride from California to Chicago and for the final leg he will have daddy's IPAD to keep him busy....lol. Right now he is running all over O'Hare Airport...he is so excited at all the people and sites. I'm so glad that Bryan got to take B2 on a trip.....

Well, my brother and nephew are on there way up here to spend a few days and tomorrow my other brother's wife and my two nieces will arrive so I will be plenty busy for the rest of the week.

Hope everyone is having a good week.

hugs to all.

love,

Sue