Gerard Butler GALS
Paisleyscot

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

I'm still here. Some of you have found me via Facebook or email.

There has been a lot of drama going on in my life & no one to turn to. I trust very few people which includes my own dad. So while life is hectic I'm lying low & trying to get back on track & have fun in life & kick the ickiness to the curb that doesn't belong in my life to put it nicely. I usually don't get online long enough to check all of FB or Twitter. Oddly enough the easiest way to get me is via email. Cheryl has found me a few times there.

I AM SAFE! I lost nothing but power last weekend. I went to WalMart in the rain last Saturday and got soaked even with an umbrella. It was a nightmare. It only got worse. I woke up Sunday unhappy with some family news my dad gave me which my sister had to smooth out & fix only for us to be both PO'ed with our father. After I had made lunch and my dad called to say he was trapped in AL on vacation, my power went out. I had woken up to a rushing stream between my duplex building and the one across the lawn. I took the dogs out around 8:30am or so & it was soggy. They got wet & I got wet. I live downhill but all I had was a soggy yard. I found out there was no work on Monday due to our building being flooded. So I stayed up til 6am with friends since they had electricity & I could charge my cell phone & my laptop & enjoy movies. My supervisor called me about 2 and half hours later & I was fighting to act like I had been up when all I had was about 2 and a half hours of sleep. He wanted to make sure I had electricity & if I needed anything at all. I was slightly ....bemused? because he's so hard heaed and it's not that we don't get along but he's still locked into his life of being former Army. I also don't think he likes women at all. Well I'm a woman with no military history. I like our other two supervisors just fine but mine is just tough.

So I hung out Sunday trying to sleep & get some stuff done around the house. A friend came to grab me again so I could hang out for a bit before having to face work on Tuesday. At the time my friend grabbed me I didn't see how work was possible as where I drive was still under water & the proof was an SUV fully submerged at 2nd Ave and Broadway. We had the news on and the Weather Channel and I was hollering up a storm because it made no sense to go into work. Monday however was paid.

My friends and I jump in the car and start driving the way I would normally go to get to work (back roads as interstate is usually the most packed) & we saw all the damage. I wished I had brought my camera. It was unreal. We got as far as we could before getting to a police barracade. The way TO work via the interstate was under water. There is this barn out on Old Hickory Blvd which I take to get to I-40. The barn usually has horses roaming around & of course the hay. Ya said barn was under water via photos a friend of mine posted on FB.

Tide is coming out on May 12th to wash, dry & fold clothes so pass the word along to anyone you may know.

My aunt and her husband (dad's side) had to be rescued by boat in Bellevue. They lost everything. One table wasn't too bad & that's all my aunt wanted since she lost everything & is still shook up. So my dad & step brother went to retrieve it for her. They are staying in a condo which they were to rent out to earn money from. My dad said when he was in her neighborhood it looked like a war zone & he had a hard time not crying.

There has been a telethon on TV & many country music stars have dug deep in their pockets & donated money. Craig Ferguson has even made mention of us & someone told me that Whoopie Goldburg even said something on The View. We've had very little media coverage but we keep on going. FEMA won't help, we're no idiots. We have them so to speak but we know they'll do nothing. I've heard the damage is upwards of in the billions. I was on Twitter and Ashton Kutcher posted a video that he had found. I knew almost all the places in the video. All because of 15 inches of rain & the Cumerbland River hitting 51 feet going about the 40 foot level before flooding. The Percy Priest dam has been opened trying to help. Our in my parents & siblings areas they have the Harpeth River.

The first name released who died was someone I had once known.

Tuesday at work it was hot, quiet as there was only about 25 out of 54 employees, our lights were dim, we were all irritable & didn't want to be there, some employees had a lot of damage to their homes & some had only a little. My co-workers who live in Clarksville were trapped for the most part & didn't trickle in until Wednesday. I have a best guy friend at work & I was happy to hear from him via email on Monday saying he was okay. I didn't see him Tuesday but we were both happy to see each other on Wednesday. As much as work can be frustrating at times, we're pretty much inseperable as much as we love our weekends. So we bug each other while we're on the phones & eventually at some point during our day we'll start shooting rubberbands at each other. Worrying about your best friend sucks.

I had people calling me, texting me, a friend in France on Twitter heard of the news, several days later a former co-worker of mine texted me asking me if I was okay. The word is slowly getting around and a lot of people want to come in & help if they had a way to get here.

As of late I come home, do my thing, get my "to do" list done, check internet & then flick on a movie before crashing & Tues and Thurs are for water aerobics.

Very thankful to be alive & have not lost anything.

If you find me on FB via another GALS member just let me know who you are on here so I'm not confuzzled. I know that's what Lady Elissa did.

Toodles

Anne, I'm sorry things have been rough for you lately, but I'm certainly thankful that you're safe! Hang in there! :hug:

So glad to hear you're alright Anne.After we got all those tornadoes and the rain and we started flooding and it started heading ya'lls way I was praying you and your dogs would be alright.

Anne,

So glad to see that you are safe and ok. Was wondering if you were near the flooding. :unsure: So sorry and sad for all the terrible things happening in your area. So good to hear from you again. Take care, galfriend. Sending prayers of hope and comfort to you and yours. :hearts:

:hug:

Diane

It's raining here today,I haven't heard anything about the flooding,hoping it doesn't make things worse,especially when it's just now starting to go down.

Ya'll pray for me please,didn't go into specifics on my fb,but I've applied for a teacher position for 3 yr olds at the preschool the boys would be attending next Fall,God willing(waiting for my income tax refund to come in so I can pay for it). If I can get this job it'll allow me to have a job that will only need me to work on the same days and times they are in school not to mention a little extra money without having to turn around and hand my entire check to a daycare.Which has been a huge draw back to my being able to find a job.Nobody is going to want you just M,W and F for 3 hrs in the morning and if I did have a job,my entire pay check would go straight to a daycare and I would bring nothing home.So this would be ideal.If it doesn't work out,i will just continue to pray the Lord will send something my way.

Edited by Andrea~mc

Andrea, I certainly will pray that you get that job or another one that will be perfect for you! :hearts:

No change on my job situation. The census remains way down. I've already been canceled out of 48hrs of work last week, yeah I know, that's full-time +8hrs of overtime! I really didn't want to work that many hours, but kept signing up for more days as I got canceled. I'm signed up for 48hrs this week, and have already been told by phone today that they only have 4 babies, and a full roster of nurses for tomorrow, so they won't need me, plus will have to cancel 2 more people. My next days to work would be Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Maybe I'll get some of those hours. I've heard that the newborn, NICU, and pediatric patient levels are down all over the county, so it really wouldn't help to look for a job at a different hospital. I guess I'll just have to wait and hope things pick up soon. In the meantime, I'm doing a little cleaning around here, playing on the computer, running errands, and reading the latest Black Dagger Brotherhood book.

Hugs to all!

Edited by Lady Elissa

Anne, thanks for sharing your story--hearing it first hand makes it seem more real. I

usually follow these things on tv or newspaper, but lately not so much. It is so sad

when folks lose everything to these natural disasters--well, to any disaster.

Andrea, will be praying for you to get the job at daycare or that another one comes up

real soon.

Anna, just so very happy to have you back with us. LOVE NEVER DIES--four times? Wow.

I would give my rt. arm to see it once! Well, maybe I exaggerate just a wee bit--LOL.

Elissa, my daughter is being "low-cencused" more often, too. She's in orthopedics and

people aren't scheduling as many elective surgeries as in the past. Poor ecomomy hits everyone.

Hugs to all,

Judy

Hi gals! :) Finally I got to my computer! :bonk:

So many things happened in your lives during last few days! But I'm glad, everyone's OK :)

Welcome back Anna!

Andrea, I wish you to get that job!

Elissa, seems like your house is absolutely clean now, after those few days off ;)

I had a really eventful week. First, my mom phoned me last Friday and asked me whether I would like to go to Khmelnitsky. Of course! So, I met her at the station here in Kiev and we went to Khmenitsky. It was a real pleasure to visit my native town & my relatives! (for I haven't been there for... hum, six years or so). We had a great time! Right from the railway station we went to the construction of our house. Oh, there is still much work to be done! Then spent two days at my uncle's house, visited relatives & went to the graveyard... I needed to visit my grandmother's grave. I had this strange feeling that I just have to do this. Now I feel better. But I miss her.

Yesterday we (my colleagues and I) went to the live broadcasting of The Super Star... a contest of young singers. Oh, God, that was hilarious! We were at the fan zone & saw everything. The show itself was poor (or maybe we saw too much? ;) ) but we had a really great time. Joking & laughing all the time. And of course, the judges! There are three of them: one is a producer (actually he was judging this time for the permanent one was ill at the day), the second is Vera Brezheva (a pop singer... and an actress... sometimes) and the third one is Potap (he's a rapper). The thing was that they were pretending to be each other. I'll post photos at the end. Hum, I like those dirty jokes Potap was saying all the time and funny stuff hosts did in breaks :D I have to admit, there was too much fun for one evening! And we are going to have it today again! :yay:

Posted Image Posted Image

Actually, I'm not a fan of anyone of them esp. Potap... for sometimes he is too eccentric. But yesterday I just couldn't take my eyes off of him! Just look at those fake eyelashes! :ROFL:

Edited by -=Bl@ck_VelveT=-

Good morning, all! I've been keeping busy getting my lawn and patio into shape for summer. Just about done. All evidence of the broken pipe and resulting flooding are gone and the lawn has been re-sodded. Very nice.

I took a little quiz on Facebook this morning on "What does your eye color mean?" Here is the result:

What does your eye color mean?

Sue's result is Brown

Either sexy as hell or are adorable. Loves to make new friends. Their relationship tends to be very honest because if they aren't truly in love, then the relationship won't work. They fall easily for their best friends (edit: in a NLW). Will do anything for that special person. Kind and... polite. Enjoys being with their guy/girl. LOVES to party. Can make ANYONE laugh or cheer them up. Loves to please the one they care for or love. The BEST ones at sex. Is NOT THE PERSON YOU WANT TO PISS OFF....WILL KNOCK YOU OUT!! Amazing Kisser. :mouthmaul:

:lmao:

You have no idea how accurate that description is (Well, part of it, anyway...hehehe!) You know the saying, "DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS"!! LOL!!

Cheers,

Suzie

:funnyup: I happened to take that same eye-color quiz on Facebook. These are my results:

Elissa's result is Blue (edit: well, they're really blue/green, but that wasn't a choice) ;)

People with blue eyes last the longest in relationships. They are kind, pretty or handsome, very good kissers and are really hot. They always fall in love with their closest friends(edit: of the opposite sex) and never understand why. They are very funny, outgoing and don't care what people think... or say. They love to party.They are very satisfying and love to please. Are straight up WARRIORS (aka wolves) when they need to be. They are bad to the bone.

Don't know quite what to say about that "bad to the bone" part. :lalala:

:funnyup: I happened to take that same eye-color quiz on Facebook. These are my results:

Elissa's result is Blue (edit: well, they're really blue/green, but that wasn't a choice) ;)

People with blue eyes last the longest in relationships. They are kind, pretty or handsome, very good kissers and are really hot. They always fall in love with their closest friends(edit: of the opposite sex) and never understand why. They are very funny, outgoing and don't care what people think... or say. They love to party.They are very satisfying and love to please. Are straight up WARRIORS (aka wolves) when they need to be. They are bad to the bone.

Don't know quite what to say about that "bad to the bone" part. :lalala:

I do! :funnyface:

Suzie

:confused: I have no idea what you're talking about! :lmao:

Posted Image (well, it is still technically morning here in Redding).....

I was awakened this morning with the phone ringing. The District Attorney's investigator from down in the bay area (where my step daughter Danna was murdered in 1996) called to tell me he was planning on driving up here on May 20th to interview me and Darla (my other step daughter).....so after all these years it finally looks like her ex might stand trial for her murder. I wish her dad could have lived long enough to see it...but I'm sure he is up there pulling strings and that's why they are FINALLY doing something.

Oh Andrea, that would be a perfect job for you sweetie...I will pray that you get it.

Anne, so glad to hear that you are ok. We have so many GALS who live in areas that have been devastated lately between the floods and tornadoes....I'm praying that with all the rain we have had here in California this winter/spring that we will catch a break with the fires this summer. If not, we'll be in the news shortly as well.

Irene, that was so nice that you got to go 'home' for a visit. And your show "The Super Star" sound a lot like our show "American Idol" which got it's start in Britain (with a different name of course)... It seems that no matter where we live....we are all joined together in some way.

Judy, hope things are going smoother on the home front for your daughter.

Erm ... :cunning: me thinks Elissa and Suzie both can be "bad to the bone" .... now as for me...well, I'm a :angelnot: .

hugs to all.

love,

Sue

I was awakened this morning with the phone ringing. The District Attorney's investigator from down in the bay area (where my step daughter Danna was murdered in 1996) called to tell me he was planning on driving up here on May 20th to interview me and Darla (my other step daughter).....so after all these years it finally looks like her ex might stand trial for her murder. I wish her dad could have lived long enough to see it...but I'm sure he is up there pulling strings and that's why they are FINALLY doing something.

Oh Andrea, that would be a perfect job for you sweetie...I will pray that you get it.

Anne, so glad to hear that you are ok. We have so many GALS who live in areas that have been devastated lately between the floods and tornadoes....I'm praying that with all the rain we have had here in California this winter/spring that we will catch a break with the fires this summer. If not, we'll be in the news shortly as well.

Irene, that was so nice that you got to go 'home' for a visit. And your show "The Super Star" sound a lot like our show "American Idol" which got it's start in Britain (with a different name of course)... It seems that no matter where we live....we are all joined together in some way.

Judy, hope things are going smoother on the home front for your daughter.

Erm ... :cunning: me thinks Elissa and Suzie both can be "bad to the bone" .... now as for me...well, I'm a :angelnot:.

hugs to all.

love,

Sue

Yeah, RIGHT!! :lalala:

Sue, I really hope you finally get some closure on Danna's death and that the bastage who hurt her finally gets what he deserves. C'mon, Daniel, pull some more strings, OK??

Really tight hugs,

Suzie

Sue, I pray that you and your family finally see justice done. That creep should get what's coming to him in spades if you ask me.

:hugs:

Hello ladies.

I didn't take the FB quiz because my eyes are brown so I just read what Suzie's said.It's pretty accurate ;) I tend to hear "adorable" before I hear "sexy as H*ll" and that actually gets on my nerves lol "Do NOT call me cute!" I don't like to party.I like to hang out with a few close friends and shoot pool or something like that. But I have been told I am pretty good at making people laugh and cheering them up.As to the kissing etc... aspects...I never heard any complaints. :)

Sue,I hope they are able solve the crime and put the person responsible behind bars.

Irene,that show looks pretty funny.:) I'm glad you got to go home and visit your family and visit your grandma's grave.It's always a good feeling to be able to reconnect with your home town(usually anyway).I only get to go back to my hometown a few times a year.Wish I could go more often because it's not very far away( 1.5 hrs away),but schedule and finances don't permit me to go often.

I haven't heard anything else about the job,just going to pray and wait now.:)

Wow....be away a couple of days and the board gets ACTIVE!

Re: spiders and snakes --- I say feed 'em to the crickets and everyone benefits! :cheeky:

Anne, so glad to hear you are ok and also to hear that people are beginning to dig out...oh my oh my.

ANNA! You are back! YIPPEEEE. Hols in Cornwall? My, my. Can I come tooo? PLEASE????? Oh, well. Not my vacation yet. I guess I'll just have to read your updates. But YEAH you are back!

I am so sorry to hear about the 'low-census' hours for some of you. You know the kids that need you are still out there....and dang, to not have you there just feels scary. I'll keep you all in my prayers == you and the little ones who need you.

SUE! DANG! The D A???? GAD ZOOKS as they say! If you need me there with you and Darla, don't hesitate to say. I'll figure it out....or be there when and if you need to let 'er rip. And YES, I find it amazing that almost 9 months after Daniel got home, you get a call. Daniel knows...just like he knew about graduation.....he just didn't get to sit in the chair in the room. I'll be with you in both prayer and spirit --- unless you need me in a corner taking notes....oh wow.

I am adoring these pictures of Jerry from Serbia. Mighty fine looking -- but that party (where he is singing) looked like one amazing whing ding. Wouldn't you just have given your eye teeth to have been there dancing and singing along? :discosisters: Wow.

LOve ya, ladies. Have a wonderful Spring day.....Jill

I just kinda breezed through the post....I feel like I have been so outta touch the last few days....I'm either at work or trying to catch up on stuff around the house or I am making bracelets and other stuff for Relay 4 Life next month to help out my mom's team (she is a 13 year breast cancer survivor!). So much going on....I almost need clones to keep up.

Those of you who hate crickets would hate my dog lol. She LOVES crickets. We get them in the house sometimes and she gets so excited. She runs back and forth between the cricket and me and my husband because she wants us to see it. She just needs to learn that if she smacks it with her paw it kills it. You can tell she gets all sad when it don't move anymore.

The other day when I was at my mom's and she had her dog outside, she ran inside cause she said she seen a bird put a baby snack in the gutter. My dad just laughed at her, my husband went and checked it out but didn't see anything. I made sure I took the LONG way around and didn't walk by that section of the house to get to my car lol.

I hope everyone is getting stuff cleaned out from all the floods. So so sad :(.

I'm watching a show about a girl who eats weird things....she eats chalk every day, and when she does laundry she drinks a little bit of the detergent!!! She even said that if she could she would eat the edge of her pool because she liked the texture. Gross!!!!

I love looking at all the siggies of Gerry *sigh*. He makes me smile.

K...enough rambling...

Kalyn

I spend 30 minutes catching insects in my house, making sure Idon't hurt them. I put them outside, turn around and the cat has eaten them. He ignores them if they're inside.

Irene,that show looks pretty funny.:) I'm glad you got to go home and visit your family and visit your grandma's grave.It's always a good feeling to be able to reconnect with your home town(usually anyway).I only get to go back to my hometown a few times a year.Wish I could go more often because it's not very far away( 1.5 hrs away),but schedule and finances don't permit me to go often.

:D I knew I would make a mistake using "native" in that word combination. Actually, it wasn't for the first time   :blush: . The thing is that in Ukrainian & Russian we use the same adjective in such word combs. as "native home/land", "home town", "mother tongue" etc. They always confuse me   :doh:

:D I knew I would make a mistake using "native" in that word combination. Actually, it wasn't for the first time   :blush: . The thing is that in Ukrainian & Russian we use the same adjective in such word combs. as "native home/land", "home town", "mother tongue" etc. They always confuse me   :doh:

No worries! I understood what you were saying.:) I personally use such words interchangeably.No problem.

Please pray for me,I'm having a bad day thus far.I've got some financial stuff going on. and

I got into an argument with another Native American over my unwillingness to choose one ethnicity over another. And if this topic is inappropriate mods,feel free to edit it out.He told me I had to choose to be Native or not and I told him that i don't have to choose.I'm half Native American and I'm half Scottish/Russian and I'm not ashamed of my non-Native ancestors,I'm equally proud of all of my ancestors. So,that put me in a funk lol

And I will graced with my ex husbands company tonight :) Aren't I lucky.I have the hots for him ya know.lol (this statement is made in sarcasm and is not in any way shape or form true)

I will fine though,I'm going to go put the kettle on to make some tea and I'm making cabbage rolls for supper.And I'll have a few kid free hours this afternoon,my Mom is taking my kids with her to see my grandparents when I go to an appt. I think I'll put a Gerry movie in and chill out or watch the Craig Ferguson I recorded last night. Laughter is good medicine.

I made Ethan a spongebob birthday cake earlier.He liked it but I keep looking at what isn't working right lol.I don't think cake decorating is the career for me.

Hope all of ya'll are doing ok.We're under a Severe Thunderstorm Watch and there are Severe T-storm warnings below us but nothing with rotation,just alot of lightening and thunder and rain..again.

:wave: everyone! After getting canceled out of 48hrs last week and 12 hrs on Tuesday this week, I finally got to go into work today. I was canceled 8 hrs of my scheduled 12hr shift, but I went in for the last 4hrs. We had some very severe thunderstorms roll through the area today which filled up labor and delivery enough for me to come into work this afternoon. I'm also on the schedule for tomorrow and Sunday, so we'll see. My supervisor told me today that she went to a workshop last week at Wilford Hall Hospital here in town and was approached by several former employees (RNs) saying they were getting canceled at their hospitals and wanted to know if she had any openings (she doesn't). There's talk that one local private hospital, not where I work, I work for the county hospital, is going to be laying-off RNs. What a fine time for everyone to finally listen to the safe sex campaign! :flee:

I'm glad you got to go in to work but I'm sorry so many RN's are getting laid off.I don't know about right now,but as of last year if I remember correctly(I have alot of friends who are nurses) Memphis was in need of nurses and our papers up here in TN are always full of job openings for RN's.

We had a family reunion today,and I and one of my cousins spent all afternoon chasing down my 2,her 1 and someone else's child.I hate it when people bring kids and don't watch them.I am plum worn out.And I'm actually about to go and take a shower and go to bed.Because bright and early tomorrow I'll be working with preschoolers my sons class). I'm going to be in desperate need of lots of coffee LOL Starbucks...oh starbucks,how I love thee.

Well I better go to bed now.Goodnight!

:wave: Andrea! I got to go in to work today too, and will probably be needed tomorrow as well. Not all nurses are in danger of being laid off. There is still a demand for nurses in most areas of adult care, especially critical care, emergency, OR, and general medical/surgical. However, the newborn nursery is currently suffering from a low census in many hospitals right now. In fact, most hospitals no longer have a newborn nursery at all. The maternity floor is mother/baby care with the same nurse taking care of both the mother and the baby. In our hospital, we still have a nursery and we only care for the babies. The mothers are cared for by post-partum nurses. I have never taken care of anyone other than newborn babies. I don't really feel comfortable taking care of adults. If the slump continues, however, I may look into cross-training into general pediatrics.