Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

Hey everyone!

It's been a while since I've been here. Real life got in the way. Gotta love working with a bank that's merging with another bank..... NOT! :tantrum:

But the pics on here have made life soooo much easier :wuv:

I hope everyone is doing well. It's a beautiful sunny day here in Holland. And 3 days off, oh joy! Only 3 more days of work left and then : holiday! Counting down? Me? Nahhhhh. :unsure:

Have a lovely weekend :wave:

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Sue, those are 3 of the HANDSOMEST MEN I have seen in a good long while! Good company for Gerry to hang out with!!!! Love it. Thanks for sharing (and your backyard looks like an oasis!!

and HI!! Dutchie! :wave:

Well, ladies, I am officially flummoxed. I had to turn the heater back on this AM because the house was FREEZING. Between the nastiest wind storm (in the 50's) earlier this week and then today -- (although dry)...I am seriously confused. We should be (or perhaps better said normally are) in the 90's and on the rise. I am so tired of my winter weight clothing I could SCREAM. Sue, was right, it was positively arctic the other day -- and all the outdoor graduations and weddings planned here for the next 2 plus weeks are in some jeopardy....

Anyway! Hi and hope everyone is doing well.

I am amidst the chaos of planning and executing Ancient Daze at my middle school --- an all day extravaganza that starts out with Ancient Idol (a costume contest/American Idol/Dancing with the Spartans kind of thing), 4 hours of ancient craft activities and outdoor sports, a full blown Olympics with gladiators-racers-chariots(bathmats with 2 child horses pulling a rider on the bathmat -- WHAT a hoot!)-an appearance by Zeus (our drama teacher)-the Emperor awarding crowns(the principal)-and then all the water sports ----this thing has evolved over the past 20 years and has become firmly entrenched. I can't get it killed off any more!! HHAAHAA We do have a lot of fun, but boy, it is a lot of work. :lookin:

However, since our mascot is a Spartan, I get to spend the day dressed up in a toga and leading 300 plus kids in screaming "THIS IS SPARTA!" :leo2:

Sort of the definition of a good day.

HOpe you have something equally fun and delirious coming up in your lives.

Much love...... Jill

Edited by auntm

Posted Image Jenn...i'm so proud of you. Not an easy accomplishment with three small ones at home!

I'm going to Vegas FINALLY.

hugs,

Sue

Posted Image Jenn...i'm so proud of you. Not an easy accomplishment with three small ones at home!

I'm going to Vegas FINALLY.

hugs,

Sue

I'm so happy you're going Sue! My babies are getting sooo big. Jonah is 8, Bella 4 1/2 and Sophie is almost 2. How are your babies? Edited by jobella

They are doing good Jen....you need to go check out the wee ones and POST SOME PICTURES. I want to see what Jonah, Bella and Sophia look like now... I've just posted pictures from this past weekend with my grand babies.

hugs,

Sue

Hi everyone,

It's been ages since I've visited this thread and I feel so distant from you all, but R/L has been very difficult in recent months, and it is hard not to come in here without dragging my troubles in here with me. I do have a couple of positive reports though! My first volume of Chanson de l'Ange is now in the production stage and I am currently finishing up corrections on the 2nd galley proof. It has been a long and arduous process doing this without a professional editor, but I'm doing my best to move onto the next phase of production. My other good report is that Nathan was finally able to land a great job that is suited to his personality type and has great health benefits. This is providing some financial relief for our household now that Bill is on unemployment.

Hey, if you have a chance, I would love for you to visit my blog and read up on my last 3 posts. Please feel free to share your comments there. http://www.chansondelange.com

I enjoyed reading about all your challenges and adventures, and of course the happy vibes about Gerry. Take care, everyone!

Much love,

Swannie

Edited by Swansong

Hey everyone.Sounds like you all are busy,congrats on the various accomplishments.:)

I need to get my act together shortly and get alot of housework done.And I have to go to the store and get more milk for my starving children...

My boys had a bad weekend with their Dad.When I called Sat. night they were both hysterically crying and wanted to come home(they couldn't)and their Dads gf was laughing in the background,what there is to laugh about when 2 kids are crying I don't know.But they are doing better now,I got them in my car, we stopped to go potty,we went to Sonic and got a diet cherry limeade and I brought them snacks.So once they had a potty break and were fed and hydrated they were happy :) But they eat constantly when they get home,so I cook almost the entire day after they come home.My eldest is on his 2nd oatmeal pancake. So I'm planning out food options in my brain for the rest of the day,so I can atleast stay ahead of their appetites.(hopefully)

I worked on jewelry all weekend long. This is what I've got thus far.I haven't added it to my etsy yet,i'll do that when they are sleeping.

New jewelry

Will do,stopping by real quick to post a prayer request,was on my way to upload when we got a phone call.

A boy I used to teach in junior church(it's like Sunday School except at night),he had a head on collision about 1/2 a mile up the road from my house and they have air lifted him to a major city and they don't know if he's going to make it.So,my mind is kind of on that.

Going to go upload now,least I can do is something productive.

OH Andrea -- he and you will be much in my heart and prayers.

Pictures of me in a toga...oh goodness....I guess I'll have to figure out how to upload, huh? Finally after 3 years? about time I guess....

Jobella!!!! Good for you, galfriend! I am soo very proud of you and absolutely astonished that the babies could be that old --- or is it that I am older? Yeah, that's it.

Ok -- off to make a scroll for the Official Caller Outer of Information (or however you you would say it in Latin)....I have it listed on the file folder as CallerOuterus.....and it works for the kids....).... we are currently having the most hysterical discussions in class on the proper way to win a chariot race (cue the half hour in Ben Hur).....keeping in mind that they are talking about scooting around the gym floor on giganto bathmats, fuzzy side down, grippy side up to grab their rear ends, pulled by two other students. I got a real laugh out of 3 boys attempting to explain "drafting" to 2 girls --- and I was just about to choke.

I just have this image of D.W. and Dale discussing racing on bathmats with Neil......and off I go again in gales of laughter. Ok --- so they know I love NASCAR....but, the aerodynamics of bathmats? Don't know --- but I think this just wouldn't fly at Charlotte!!!!

Night ladies. Be safe, be happy, be here.

Jill

Mornin' gals. Stoppin by while i try to get mentally prepared for the day.Ethan has his 4 yr check up,which will likely involve a shot.Thankfully his Dad is coming(yes I just thanked the Lord for their dad) because he can hold Ethan down,and I can't.lol I have been trying to prepare him for it "You are going to the dr tomorrow,they are going to prick your finger like this(showed him) and then squeeze a drop of blood out and then you might get a shot...daddy's going to hold you so you don't kick the nurse" and my youngest piped in "We don't kick people?" So this should be fun.

Hi, GALS! Long time no see!  :)

I've been too busy over the last few weeks. It is the end of this school year and now I bother with all those written tests & marks. Not mentioning my regular work.

And my life has become quite eventful. That's rather good, I'd say! :p Smth strange happens to me and to my life. I've gotten into a whirl of different events... Few days ago I even started thinking about keeping a diary, just to preserve all those events and memories about them  :funnyface:The only thing that bothers me is my job. I wanna change it. This thought has become my fixed idea :unsure:

Today I gonna visit The Superstar Show again. It's become very interesting, for there are only two telecasts left 'till the name of the winner will be known. I've got a favourite among the contestants  :wuv: And I do really want him to win!  :p

Hope everyone is doing fine. I know you GALS are busy with the convention for there is only one week left. Have a really great time!  :kiss:

Hi Irene! As long as all the busy-ness isn't bad busy-ness,then I guess that's a good thing,better than being bored I guess.

I will pray that you will be able to change your job situation.

Wish I could watch the Superstar Show,it sounds so interesting.(my computer is slow so I can't watch video even if I wanted to)

I do hope all of you who get to go to the convention have a great time.Maybe someday I'll get to come along with ya'll.

I'm sitting here doing some beading on a new project.I finished one project after having to begin again after I accidentally snipped the wrong string and all the beads scattered everywhere.I wanted to scream. I was praying it wouldn't happen a 2nd time,I have been known to get up and walk away from a project if it falls apart one too many times.Then come back to it later after I have regained my composure.:) Thankfully it didn't fall to pieces again.

I have some good news regarding my jewelry...by the end of this week,it'll be in a store in one of the nearby larger cities.I took it to my vendor on Tuesday and she is taking it to where she is set up at this one marketplace. So,excited and anxious to see how that goes.

Edited by Andrea~mc

Jobella - congrats on completing year 1 of nursing school. I know how hard that is - my ex was a nurse, and my college roommate was a nurse, and I have 2 cousins who are nurses....

Irish - I don't think I've commented since your ordeal recently but I want you to know you are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm sorry for all you've had to go through.

Andrea - your jewelry is lovely so I'm sure you'll be selling it like crazy.

Black Velvet - is The Superstar Show like X-Factor or America's Got Talent or that sort of show where the audience helps choose the winner? I hope the person you are rooting for wins. Our Season 9 of Amercian Idol just ended last night. I was able to attend a viewing party at a movie theater across from the Nokia where the show was happening. We got performances from some of the past competitors including Allison Iraheta who will be touring with my deary Adam Lambert this summer. I have no comment on Season 9 - my Idol is the one who came in 2nd last year and I was fine with this year's Top 2 but not terribly invested in the outcome. Already both of this year's top 2 have signed recording contracts, no time wasted there!

Swannie - that is wonderful news about Nathan's job, and also about the progress on Volume I of Chanson. I'm sorry you are dealing with other real life struggles.

I can't believe I'm leaving for Vegas on Tuesday. I don't feel like I have anything ready and my office looks like the back room of the post office with all the boxes of raffle and auction goodies waiting to be prettied up on Saturday and packed away so they will fit in my car for the trip. Then Sunday I'm going to our local Scottish Festival, perhaps I'll pick up some other items for Vegas - I wonder if any hot kilted men would be willing to be auctioned off there!!

Susan: Wow...you have your work cut out for you now getting ready for :vegasbaby: I know all the donations will be prettied up and looking fab by the time they are put out on the tables. You and your crew always do a bang up job of getting it all together for the raffles and auctions! I look forward to seeing pics of the baskets and offerings you guys come up with! :goodjob: Have a blast in Vegas all you GALS and PALS who are going! :bellydance:

:funnyup: and good luck on the great kilt hunt! :menkilt::kilt:

Jobella: :wave: Congrats on your first year of nursing school! You earned the kudos. My daughter is an oncology nurse.

Andrea: I love your necklaces! Nice work! How on earth do you make them with active busy little boys around? LOL. Verra carefully, I think?

Swannie: good news on the progress of Chanson. Hang in there--it will all come together for you. You have a lot on your plate now. Congrats to your son.

Black Velvet: hugs and prayers that things will work out soon for you.

:hug: to all the GALS and PALS,

Diane

Andrea: I love your necklaces! Nice work! How on earth do you make them with active busy little boys around? LOL. Verra carefully, I think?

:hug: to all the GALS and PALS,

Diane

I wait till they are asleep. ;) Or have their concentration on Tom and Jerry,takes me about 15 mins if I want to go that fast. I learned years ago that beads+boys=disaster,mess,chaos.

I am just dropping by to wish everyone a very safe and fun Memorial Day Weekend, and

to wish all of you who will be travelling to Vegas next week the same. I won't repeat

comments to individuals, but know I do come here and my sentiment is the same as those

of you who do post often.

A sad few days for me--lost an avid GB fan who lived across the mountains--3 hr drive

but we got together the first time when 300 came out and have visited even stayed with

each other. Jennyw wasn't here on this site, but think some of you may remember her from

the TUT premiere--her husband was on a cart, white bushy beard, and on oxygen. They

were so determined to take that trip and had the time of their life--Gerry talked briefly

to Jeff. Altho Jeff has the severe breathing problems, Vina (her real name) had her

own heath problems and wasn't able to fight off an overwhelming infection which eventually

caused her organs to shut down and she passed. How that woman loved her "Mr.B." and

her husband was and avid fan as well. My heart breaks for him and I will miss Vina's

friendship and wonderful sense of humor and smile.

Now, I am trying to get myself out of my self-imposed funk--and try to find a new joy

in the life I have left to live. One just never knows...The constant clouds and rain

the last month haven't helped my mood, but we are supposed to see the sun part of the

time this weekend. My daughter's divorce papers are now submitted to a judge to finalize

and things are somewhat better there. It has been so hard for her and her 11 & 14 yr old

daughters to accept their dad leaving for another woman--life, and the kids don't want to

spend time with him. Stupid guy thinks they should all be happy for him!!

For someone who was gonna just "stop by" I probably said way too much! But I do love you

gals, and I know we all care about each other and I have felt your love and support

here many times.

Okay, NOW, I will sign off...

Hugs,

Judy

Edited by mommaduck

I am so sorry to hear about your friend Judy.((HUGS)) and I'm sorry to hear you've been in a funk.

Your daughter and the girls will continue to be in my prayers.Selfish people like their father,they have no concept of the damage they are doing or the immorality of it.I tend to hope that someday,they'll come to their senses and realize what they've done,although by that time it'll probably be too late to do anything about it.

((BIG HUGS))

Just popping in to wish everyone

Posted Image

and take time to remember

Posted Image

Hugs to all the GALS and PALS,

Diane

Edited by Shamrocked

Posted ImageGOD BLESS!!

Impossible to catch up on all posts I have missed. I need to come back more often.

Judy, it is always hard to lose a friend. I hope you find that hope and reason to get back on track. Life is precious and we all should make sure we enjoy and cherish each and every day that is given to us.

~HUGS~ Kathy Posted Image

Remembering all our heroes on this Memorial Day.

Just want to tell everyone attending the Vegas Convention a safe journey and a great time. Those of you who are not attending please join Becozy and her "helpers" in the Virtual Con - she does a awesome job.

Must remember to post more in this thread too. For all of you that don't know there is a "Golden Girls" thread in the "Much To Ado About Nothing" forum. We chit chat about the olden days and anyone who is young at heart is more than welcome. Every generation has something to offer.

Hugs, Barbara

Hey everyone :)

Yes,on this day,we are remembering those who fought and died for our country.My Dad put our flag out bright and early this morning and called and asked his sister in Ala. to put a flag on my grandpa's grave.(WW2&Korean war vet)