Gerard Butler GALS
Paisleyscot

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

OH yes! THe biker boy! I am in love all over again! No, let's just go with GALS!!! :igotgals:

I love all these book suggestions -- and am writing them down as I go. I just love to read in the summer.

Actually, I don't do civil war re-enactments (Sue, I'd have to go with the Black Powder crew up here if I did, and I don't know if I have enough moxie for that!). This is a Jane Austen Society get-together at a lavender farm at the base of Mt. Shasta. They went last year, but I just didn't have the oomph to pull it off. However, most of us have been putting our costume things together (gloves? 95+ degrees? with a shawl, parasol, etc?)....at the same time I am working on the write-ups for the AAUW home tour houses for this fall. There aren't enough minutes in the day to stay interested in it all --- nor get it all done. However, the under dress chemise is done and the dress cut out for starting sewing tomorrow. Who knew that all those good lessons from my grandmother with both her treadle machine AND the hand sewing for the doll clothes to perfect small stitches would really come in handy. However....it all has to be done by Saturday morning, cause I leave for my parents on Sunday AM! Holy cats. Not even able to take the hand sewing with me down there. Oh well, it will all get done and Saturday and Sunday will get here. But then, there are 2 more dresses I want to make before the BIG event in Portland in October! Oh my.

Alright. Have a wonderful evening ladies. I'll check in before I head south. :hug1:

Jill

Boy, all these artistic people! I won't even sew on buttons if I can avoid it! You guys are all talking about Jane Austen dresses and Civil War Costumes and everything sounds so proper. Gene and I had one of those Old Timey pictures taken once, but he was a River Boat Gambler and I was an Easy Sleazy. My dress was low cut. Gene had to shade in some cleavage for me with a pencil. I was mortified when the photographer saw what Gene was doing and started cracking up! How rude!

Suzie

:funnyup:

hahahahahaaaa Pencil shading in cleavage! HAHAHAHAAA I'm sorry, but that just cracks me up, Suzie! I've never heard of an "Easy Sleazy" before, but that just about wraps it up! HA With that -- I have lots of positive feelings for getting going on the sewing!

Night.

Jill

If you thought the pencil shading was funny, one of these days I'll tell you about my first (and ONLY) experience with a strapless dress! **covers face**

Suzie

A super quick post and run. Will pray for Jo and her daughter, hopefully at stage one it is early enough that treatment will be completely successful. Today is my 19th wedding anniversary - we've been through some doozies over the years and we still love each other, in spite of it all. We're going to dinner at a super-expensive but super-delicious steakhouse that I've only been to once before (for a business dinner) and I've wanted to go back ever since.

Gotta run, the CEO needs me to analyze some numbers (but then that's what I get paid for so I'm not complaining).

:congrats: on your Anniversary, Susan! Woot!! Enjoy your evening together and many, many more years too! :awesome:

Suzie

Happy Anniversary!!

I like the Jane Austen era of dressed better than the Civil War era,less underpinnings,would be alot cooler to wear.

I used to wear strapless dresses...once upon a time.I miss them,they are still hanging in my closet looking all gorgeous and "please take me out" ish.But well,I shall just be blunt,my girls increased in size with having kids and they didn't deflate,so it's a wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen. I need straps for support now. :(

I have never had an old timey pick taken but I have dressed in period clothing before because I played Betsy Ross 3 years in a row in a play.I'll try to find the pic and post it sometime.I have a vague idea where it is.

CONGRATS! SUSAN! 19 years is a heck of a deal --- and to heck with the CEO (well, not really since he pays the bills....but, heck with starting big projects today.....yeah, that's the ticket.

Happy day, all!

Jill

Happy Anniversary, Susan! :rose:

Sorry I am late with it but want to say to Susan

Posted Image

Diane

Thank you all for the anniversary wishes. We had a wonderful dinner and I finished the report for the CEO just in time so was good.

I get to go get my boys today! I'm so happy!As crazy busy as they are,I missed them so bad.My Mom called a bit ago,she's having balloons blown up and she is going to fill their room with balloons. :)

HEY Andrea! Have a wonderful time with those boys!

Jill :yay:

It's been awhile since I've been in the SC.I read it all the time but haven't posted much.I really haven't had anything to post.But today I became a Great Gramma for the third rime.My Granddaughter, Amanda gave birth to an 8lb 3oz baby girl this morning.Her name is Payton Renee.Below are her first pictures, they are clickable.

Hugs,

Peggy

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Oh, Peggy, she's beautiful! Congratulations! :hearts:

I worked a 12 hour shift today on 4 hours of sleep! Darn Dark Hunters book! When I went to bed last night I was going to read for a few minutes. The next thing I knew it was 1:00am and I had to get up at 5:00am to go to work! :bonk: I did stay awake for the whole shift! Think I'll go to bed earlier tonight. At least I'm not due in to work again until Sunday!

Edited by Lady Elissa

Posted Image Peggy.....ohhhhhh Posted Image what a beautiful name, Payton Renee, for a beautiful baby girl! Posted Image I have RCS'd them for my babies album. May the good Lord watch over her. And it is so good to see you here my friend.

Andrea, are you too busy with those boys to come to the support center hummmmm? lol

Oh Elissa, I don't know how you do it woman!

hugs to all.

love,

Sue

WOW! I guess I haven't been here in a while! A long While! I read pages of posts but I just can't remember half of what I read so I'll just try and get back in the loop of things! First though............I'M A GREAT AUNT! :wave: Peggy...I love her name and I gotta say...she's a cutie pie and a chunk! Yep....she's in the right family! :p Congratulations Great Grandma!

Susan ...Happy waaaaay belated Anniversary to you Sweetie! May you have many many more happy and blissful years with your DH!

Also happy Galsiversary to all that just had one and all that are about to come up! I do believe I'll be having one soon...

{{{{HUGS}}} to all and I really will get my butt back here more often!

:kiss: Frannie

Edited by ladyfran

Hello everyone! PEGGY congratulations! That baby is just the most beautiful thing. May she walk in happiness, light, and love.

:wave:

Jill

I am here :) They are asleep,and I will be too soon.We have had a very rough day.They came home hungry and skinny.They had actually lost weight.So,I've been filling their bellies for the last 24 hrs.Was standing at the stove,half way dazed this morning cooking eggs and sausage and pouring out glasses and sippy cups of milk.

Well,just wanted to stop and say "hi". I need to get some sleep,I have single mom's thing to go to tomorrow night.

((hugs))

Peggy! That beautiful baby is absolutely adorable. Sending Angels to watch over her always.

Andrea, so glad the boys are home safe. Get all the rest you can!

Suzie

:wave: everyone! After sleeping 12 hours I feel like a human being again! :funnyface: Now I have to go out to run some errands, including buying an anniversary present for Good Sport! Today is our 27th. Last year, we spent our anniversary in Vegas at the convention. This year, it'll be dinner at the Olive Garden in San Antonio. :p

:party: :party:Happy Anniversary, Elissa and Bill! :party: :party:

:congrats: and have a couple of :Gerritas: :Gerritas: from me!

Hugs to both of you,

Suzie

Posted Image to Susan and Elissa!! May you have many more years, gals!!

Posted ImagePeggy on becoming a Great Grandma again!! I love the name Payton!! Payton looks adorable and I am so happy all is well with her!

Just wanted to update on Jo's daughter Ginger. Ginger will have surgery for her stage one uterine cancer on next Tuesday (29th). Jo got the wrong info. before on the date. So please keep the prayers coming for her.

Have to run so I will have to leave it at that for now.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Happy happy day Elissa and Good Sport! 27? That's a real accomplishment. Hats off and congratulations! (Olive Garden is grand ---- just not the HIlton Grand!!!!!)

Lots of love, Jill

:rose:

Posted Image Elissa. Give Bill a big hug for me and tell him to give you a big hug from me as well. Have a wonderful night out.

Bryan sent me a bunch of pictures this morning on his iphone of B2.....he took him to a nearby farm .... my baby is growing up so fast :tissues:

Posted Image

Posted Image

And my Fynn...he got his hair cut this week and instead of looking like the 10 month old baby he is, he looks like he's two!!

Posted Image

hugs,

Sue