Gerard Butler GALS

4/28 - Machine Gun Preacher - slated to go into production in June, in Pennsylvania

becozy

Machine Gun Preacher, the film about Sam Childers, the biker preacher-defender of Sudanese orphans that James Bond vet Marc Forster wants to direct and Gerard Butler is slated to star in looks closer to a "go," with a start date in June. They'll film this in Pennsylvania, according to Production Weekly. source

Related article index here

MGP just posted a link to a Vanity Fair article featuring Mr. Childers. G's gonna be able to get down and dirty with this role. Sam "don't play."

This is the one I've been waiting for!! Down and dirty for sure Spot!! Now about the tattoos........hmmmmmmmmmmmmm? Wouldn't mind them but I hope he doesn't have to go with the mutton chops.....:lalala:

:yay: Frannie

Sweet!! I am SO excited for this project! It`s such a unique story, that is both inspirational and also in its own ways hard to believe. See its new projects like this that Gerry is becoming involved with that I look forward to the most. I am also curious to see how his physical appearance will look.

This is the one I've been waiting for!! Down and dirty for sure Spot!! Now about the tattoos........hmmmmmmmmmmmmm? Wouldn't mind them but I hope he doesn't have to go with the mutton chops.....:lalala:

I agree!! No mutton chops on that gorgeous face of Gerry's. I'll bet he just has a beard. After all, he already has it grown. That's convenient!!

~HUGS~ Kathy

So another upcoming project! He never stops, does he? xD Unless he's having some time for himself until June...

We're having a wonderful dose of him this year. I wish him all the luck in the world :)

Hi, Frannie,

where does your avatar(?) of Gerry come from with him laughing?

Is it from an interview or press appearance?

I dont remember ever seeing it and would love to do so.

Mirin

Hi, Frannie,

where does your avatar(?) of Gerry come from with him laughing?

Is it from an interview or press appearance?

I dont remember ever seeing it and would love to do so.

Mirin

I wanna know that toooo, Frannie! I haven't been able to find it!!

I can't wait for this movie, if he is looking as hot as he is for the one he is filming NOW! OMG! I won't be able to take it! :love::heat:

Hugs,

Bonnie

Personally, I'm excited to see Gerry transform himself into Sam. We have plenty of pics of Gerry looking like his own gorgeous self. I would love to see him become someone else for this movie. He needs to show the rest of the world that he's more than a gorgeous face and that he can become another person for any movie. Does that make sense? The past few movies he's looked like himself. He looks a little different in Coriolanus, but shades of Leo are coming through. I would love to see him completely lose himself in this role so that people go, "That's Gerard Butler?!"

My next question is that I wonder if they are going to go to Africa for some portion of the filming. NOT the Sudan, but hopefully a safer part for those scenes. I'm also curious as to what part of Sam's life they'll use in the movie. Will they start with his biker/drug use days, or go straight into his quest to free the children of the Sudan using flashbacks. I'd love to get a peek at the script just to find out a little more.

I'm very excited about this project. :)

Lisa

Personally, I'm excited to see Gerry transform himself into Sam. We have plenty of pics of Gerry looking like his own gorgeous self. I would love to see him become someone else for this movie. He needs to show the rest of the world that he's more than a gorgeous face and that he can become another person for any movie. Does that make sense? The past few movies he's looked like himself. He looks a little different in Coriolanus, but shades of Leo are coming through. I would love to see him completely lose himself in this role so that people go, "That's Gerard Butler?!"

My next question is that I wonder if they are going to go to Africa for some portion of the filming. NOT the Sudan, but hopefully a safer part for those scenes. I'm also curious as to what part of Sam's life they'll use in the movie. Will they start with his biker/drug use days, or go straight into his quest to free the children of the Sudan using flashbacks. I'd love to get a peek at the script just to find out a little more.

I'm very excited about this project. :)

Lisa

I don't know if it's true or not, but I saw several articles that indicated Vera Farmiga had to drop out of the role of Sam's wife in Machine Gun Preacher, because she is pregnant. According to the articles, she is due in October and the role would have required her to travel to Africa this summer.

If true, that might be the answer to your question of whether there will be any filming in Africa.

Edited by Rendita

I apologize, for this is off topic, GALS! Mirin and Bonnie, I know where the video is listed (as it is not yet in our posted GALS Downloads :) ), so look for a PM coming your way!

Beachie

Id love the info as well!! It's a great way to start the day..just watching him laugh like that...thanks!

Back to Preacher and Gerard in Africa, I sure hope he's there on June 12 as that's the day the USA plays it's first World Cup game against England since 1950 (as seen in Gerard's movie The Miracle Match). It's an excellent film and a great time to get new fans to enjoy this true story. I'm excited about Preacher AND about the soccer match! I think MGP will mke a great movie, Childers is a complex character. Bet he can use a bit of his "native tongue" ie the cursing part anyway! Stay safe and healthy in Serbia and Africa Gerard! Hope you get there by June 12!

If anyone wants to read up on the famous soccer match, it's listed on FIFA.com, the official site for the cup.

The story is "The Miracle of Belo Horizonte", in the "Matches" category. Gerard plays the USA's most excellent goalie, Frank Borghi. GB's not bad in wet soccer shorts either!!

Thnaks, Donna

I read the same thing about Vera Farmiga and also that he would be filming in Africa! I believe it will start filming in PA. sometime in June! Lisa I agree...he's not just a pretty face...I guess we all know that! He's an incredible actor and I'm so happy he's getting his chance to show it in this film! Whatever they do as far as his appearance doesn;t matter that much to me either ...but I still can hope he doesn't have those big Mutton Chops! :unsure: Just think he will have Tats again too!

Thanks Beachie...I wasn't sure exactly what show my avi came from ...I got it from Cheryls avi thread so I didn't have the answers anyway!

:wave: Frannie

I read the same thing about Vera Farmiga and also that he would be filming in Africa! I believe it will start filming in PA. sometime in June! Lisa I agree...he's not just a pretty face...I guess we all know that! He's an incredible actor and I'm so happy he's getting his chance to show it in this film! Whatever they do as far as his appearance doesn;t matter that much to me either ...but I still can hope he doesn't have those big Mutton Chops! :unsure: Just think he will have Tats again too!

Thanks Beachie...I wasn't sure exactly what show my avi came from ...I got it from Cheryls avi thread so I didn't have the answers anyway!

:wave: Frannie

You know what just popped into my mind? When Edward James Olmos transformed himself into Jaime Escalante for "Stand and Deliver". Remember how gorgeous EJO was in Miami Vice? :hawt: And then had that comb over as Jaime? I would LOVE to see Gerry do something like that!! I remember being blown away when I saw that. I'm not saying Gerry should have a comb over, but how cool would it be for him to be not so gorgeous in a movie and just be a great actor? :wuv: THAT would be incredible to see in my opinion.

Lisa

(FYI - Mr. Escalante is now dying of cancer and has no health insurance. Mr. Olmos is helping him out. Sad sad story.)

Was there not an article where he said he was going to be in South Africa when the World Cup is on??

Moira

Moira,

I also read (can't remember where), that they would be filming in South Africa in July-August, with Gerry mentioning that he was hoping to see some of the World Cup.

I have also read recently that there are real security concerns for the World Cup. Is there any place in Africa that is safe or turmoil free?? I am such a worrier about things like that.

:whoa:

Id love the info as well!! It's a great way to start the day..just watching him laugh like that...thanks!

Back to Preacher and Gerard in Africa, I sure hope he's there on June 12 as that's the day the USA plays it's first World Cup game against England since 1950 (as seen in Gerard's movie The Miracle Match). It's an excellent film and a great time to get new fans to enjoy this true story. I'm excited about Preacher AND about the soccer match! I think MGP will mke a great movie, Childers is a complex character. Bet he can use a bit of his "native tongue" ie the cursing part anyway! Stay safe and healthy in Serbia and Africa Gerard! Hope you get there by June 12!

If anyone wants to read up on the famous soccer match, it's listed on FIFA.com, the official site for the cup.

The story is "The Miracle of Belo Horizonte", in the "Matches" category. Gerard plays the USA's most excellent goalie, Frank Borghi. GB's not bad in wet soccer shorts either!!

Thnaks, Donna