Gerard Butler GALS

Gift for Bethy Collection

Dr. Em

Daer Bethy ~ you deserve this and anything else we can possibly do for you to help you through this time. You will survive, you are so much stronger than you think you are. You proved that in how steadfastly you were there for your mom through everything good and bad, you were there right to the moment she had to go and you were able to let her go. That shows us all that there is a very strong woman in you, maybe you don't feel strong right now because the pain is too new and too raw, but you are and when you are feeling low about yourself and what you are able to accomplish or get through just come here and we will buck you up and tell you how beautiful and talented and strong and WORTHY you are. Because you are all those things and so much more. And we will always be sending you our love and our hugs and our prayers.

LOTS AND LOTS OF LOVE

Susan

I feel like I do not deserve such kindness.

I am honored to be apart of this site with all of you.

Love yas!

Bethy

Of course you deserve it dearie! You're one of ours, and WE'RE the ones that are proud and honored to be at all associated with you, let alone in a group of other immensely kind and caring women, supporting a man that we're all proud of!

It's the least we can do, but at least we can finally do something!!!!

We love you!

Jen

We've been asked what will be done with the money that is collected over and above the amount needed for Bethy's airline ticket and after conferring among the mods and admins the consensus was that all excess funds go directly to Bethy. Since she had to take several weeks off work to care for her mom and now has added financial burdens to absorb we felt that she has need of any amount we can send her way.

The funds received so far more than cover the airfare to Las Vegas, as of right now we have already received $688 plus we know there are checks coming in the mail.

We wanted to make sure that everyone who is contributing knows the status of the gift collection and how the funds are to be handled. If anyone has questions please feel free to PM me or Dr. Em.

Knowing how supportive and caring everyone here is I had no doubt they would surpass the amount needed for the flight. I think it's a great idea, and should be Bethy's to use on whatever will help lift her spirits.

Joan

Guest Aislinn

Hi Bethy,

I just realized that we could post a message for you on the Paypal donation and I didn't. I did designate that it was for your gift. But I wanted you to know that I am looking forward to meeting you in person in Las Vegas -- where I can give you a real GALS hug. In the meantime, here is a cyber GALS hug.

Hang in there, kiddo. You are strong! You are your mother's daughter! Don't expect too much of yourself too soon. Each day will be a bit easier. It is overwhelming, I know. So much of your daily life revolved around caring for your mother and now you may feel like you should be doing this or that...it's the adjustment period. I went through this with my mom. For a long time, I just felt like both my arms were cut off and had no idea which direction I was supposed to take, or where the road would take me.

Just remember, YOU will thrive and succeed and make all your dreams come true. Of this, I have no doubt. You are precious to all of us -- and the best testament you can give your mom is to live and be happy. She wants this for you. Just remember, she is only a breath away.

(((((HUGS)))))))

~ Aislinn/Ashley