Gerard Butler GALS
Paisleyscot

5/7 - Gerard Butler's 'Machine Gun Preacher' Locks Start Date And Co-Stars

"Gerard Butler was keen to play reformed bad guy Sam Childers, a drug-dealing biker who found God and became the scourge of rebel forces who kidnap children in the Sudan and Northern Uganda and force them to become sex slaves or child soldiers. Well, the film's is now a reality, as Lionsgate has committed to be domestic distributor, and Mandate International handling foreign sales. Shooting starts this summer."

Source Deadline New York.

Nice YouTube Video attached.

it's good to have it confirmed and to see that it's actually going to start filming soon! I'm very excited about this movie than I've been in a while!! Although I hope he doesn't have to film in any dangerous parts of Sudan... I watched the vid and I have to say sam Childers is no slouch and he means business! Thanks Cheryl...good news and great vid!

:wave: Frannie

Edited by ladyfran

This is great to hear. I had already picked Michelle Monaghan out a long time ago to be in a movie with Gerry. To me, she is pretty in a natural way......not flashy. She just seems likable on film. I had originally thought Slide, but this will be good. It'll be interesting to see how they look in character.

This is such an important story. I have high hopes that this will make more people aware of the tragedies occurring. It really is horrifying.

so exciting! This film seems to be rolling along very smoothly thus far with pre-production. I really like both the actors this article mentioned, especially Michael Sheen, he was fantastic in "Revolutionary Road". Looking forward to this film so much.

Edited by AngelofMusic

Great part for Gerry, the video said it all, the man is on a 'Mission for The Lord' alright.....Go Gerry!

hugs,

Anna X

This is great to hear. I had already picked Michelle Monaghan out a long time ago to be in a movie with Gerry. To me, she is pretty in a natural way......not flashy. She just seems likable on film. I had originally thought Slide, but this will be good. It'll be interesting to see how they look in character.

This is such an important story. I have high hopes that this will make more people aware of the tragedies occurring. It really is horrifying.

Yes and she was in Maid of Honour so will have lots of Scottish tales to talk to Gerry about. She is very natural.

Moira

:yay: I had no doubts but it's so great to see they've re-cast the role and things are moving forward.

I've never heard of Michelle Monaghan so I looked her up and realized that I have never seen any of the movies she's in (except Mr. & Mrs. Smith and I don't remember her). She is very pretty, and yes very natural looking. I think she and Gerry will be a great on-screen couple.

Lisa

I had no doubts but it's so great to see they've re-cast the role and things are moving forward.

I've never heard of Michelle Monaghan so I looked her up and realized that I have never seen any of the movies she's in (except Mr. & Mrs. Smith and I don't remember her). She is very pretty, and yes very natural looking. I think she and Gerry will be a great on-screen couple.

Lisa

Lisa you'll have to try and see Made of Honour. It's a cute movie with her and Patrick Dempsey playing best friends and he's a playboy never settling down and she falls for a Scotsman played by Kevin McKidd. Patrick realises she's the one for him and runs off to Scotland to try and stop the wedding. I remember it being filmed getting lots of press. There was a hilarious pic of Patrick in the miniest of kilts.

Moira

I'll have to check out Made of Honor. I had seen her in Mission Impossible 3 originally and then Eagle Eye.

Brenda

Edited by Rendita

I really enjoyed it Brenda and it was really funny once the setting was in Scotland.

Pretty sure this movie will not be filmed in the Sudan. Conditions are such it would be very difficult to use it as a location. I would guess they would likely pick a region in Africa with a stable government, so the crew and actors can be safe. I thought I heard South Africa, at least Gerry himself mentioned being in South Africa this summer filming a movie during the World Cup.

I went to Showtime and rented Made of Honor after reading these posts! Yay - something to watch on a Saturday night. The first one the clerk handed me was a horror film - and it was spelled Maid of Honor...........guess she could tell by the look on my face that it wasn't what I was expecting...........she hurriedly said "oh, this isn't the one you want"........Looking forward to seeing it. Thanks for mentioning.

BlueJean

You'll enjoy it for sure -- it's a pretty little movie, a chick flick ;) Michelle is lovely in it, and Mr.McDreamy is truly that -- Dreamy...

(nevertheless,I'm still in love with Gerry :yummy: :yummy: )

Edited by MissBgd

I went to Showtime and rented Made of Honor after reading these posts! Yay - something to watch on a Saturday night. The first one the clerk handed me was a horror film - and it was spelled Maid of Honor...........guess she could tell by the look on my face that it wasn't what I was expecting...........she hurriedly said "oh, this isn't the one you want"........Looking forward to seeing it. Thanks for mentioning.

BlueJean

You will LURVE the bits in Scotland. You can daydream Gerry there.

Theresa

I'll definitely have to check it out! Hopefully someone I know has it. :)

I can't imagine they'll be filming in the Sudan, either, and OMG talk about making me nervous if they did! (believe it or not the Peace Corps sends volunteers there still - eek). I would be a complete wreck worrying about Gerry if he went there. Luckily it's probably not an option so no need to even think about it. LOL

Lisa

I watched Made of Honor last evening and did enjoy it. Loved the scenes in Scotland.........loved the bag pipes and the Scottish accents. I got such a deal - I have it for 7 days and it was free because I had spent $50 in rentals.

Patrick Dempsey's short, short kilt was a hoot - and his underwear was scrunched!

BlueJean

so exciting! This film seems to be rolling along very smoothly thus far with pre-production. I really like both the actors this article mentioned, especially Michael Sheen, he was fantastic in "Revolutionary Road". Looking forward to this film so much.

I did not see any mention of Michael Sheen in this movie. Did I miss something?

I would love to see them together again. They played well together in Timeline.

I just hope Gerry does not suffer to very much from this role. He sinks his

spirit so deeply into his characters, and I know the situation in the Sudan much

be truly horrific for him to have even considered this particular role.

I hope it does not scar him emotionally.

I know God will bless him for taking on this role and bringing knowledge of this

situation to the world. I only pray God will guard his emotionally as well.

Knowing how he loves children, seeing them in this terrible setting will have

a long lasting effect on his heart and spirit.

I wish him luck in this role especially, and pray for his personal and spiritual

protection during this process.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

Guest sugarbee

I like Michelle Monaghan too. She was in "The Heartbreak Kid" with Ben Stiller as well. If she wasn't already married, I would say they would make a nice looking couple off screen as well. :D

Sandy it's not Michael Sheen but Michael Shannon I think.

Moira

Oops, you`re right. It is Michael Shannon...I meant to type that and for some reason typed Sheen instead. My bad. Check him out in Revolutionary Road, he`s great in it.

I get a weekly notification from Who Represents Who, and Gerry is never mentioned! Well, today he was :D

• Butler to "Preach" for Lionsgate

• Gerard Butler will play Sam Childers, a real-life convict-turned-crusader, in "Machine Gun Preacher." Michelle Monoghan and Michael Shannon have also joined the Lionsgate project, which tells the tale of Childers' quest to save children at risk of being sold into slavery in war-torn Africa. Butler is with CAA's Jeremy Plager, and manager Alan Siegel. Monaghan is repped by ICM's Bonnie Bernstein, and by manager Frank Frattaroli of D/F Management. Shannon is with CAA's Mick Sullivan.

With the right script... this could be a dynamite film for Gerry!

:erik: Erik's Ebony Eyes :phantom:

Hi Everyone!

I met GB in December when he was here in PA meeting up with Pastor Sam... I tried to put the pic of us but I have no idea how to set an avatar???? Oh well.. Anyway, I've been hearing alot about the movie starting to film here in June, Michigan in July... I'm trying VERY hard to figure out what I can... My overt goal was to get him to come visit my classroom and read a little Robert Burns... or if it suits him, September is a good time too when we do Beowulf!! LOL! Unfortunately, I lost my head a little and forgot to ask him... I think I just kept saying, Thank you so much, and Oh my gosh, over and over again. I did tell him however that I was a teacher and my kids were just NOT going to believe this come Monday morning.. he laughed!!! They did go nuts because we talk about Gerry every day in class-- I had told them just days before finding out Gerry would be in PA that I practice what to say to him.... LOL! WEll, that's my GB story and if I can figure out how to insert an image I'll do it! Oh well... this is a pic I use on a school website and it's small (48x48) I don't know to make it bigger... I have it on my computer but it doesn't have a URL. Oh well!!!

Hi Everyone!

I met GB in December when he was here in PA meeting up with Pastor Sam... I tried to put the pic of us but I have no idea how to set an avatar???? Oh well.. Anyway, I've been hearing alot about the movie starting to film here in June, Michigan in July... I'm trying VERY hard to figure out what I can... My overt goal was to get him to come visit my classroom and read a little Robert Burns... or if it suits him, September is a good time too when we do Beowulf!! LOL! Unfortunately, I lost my head a little and forgot to ask him... I think I just kept saying, Thank you so much, and Oh my gosh, over and over again. I did tell him however that I was a teacher and my kids were just NOT going to believe this come Monday morning.. he laughed!!! They did go nuts because we talk about Gerry every day in class-- I had told them just days before finding out Gerry would be in PA that I practice what to say to him.... LOL! WEll, that's my GB story and if I can figure out how to insert an image I'll do it! Oh well... this is a pic I use on a school website and it's small (48x48) I don't know to make it bigger... I have it on my computer but it doesn't have a URL. Oh well!!!

Hi PA teacher.....you are so lucky that you met Gerry in person...I just wanted to let you know that if you get a free Photo Bucket accnt. you can download your pictures in there and than you will be able to get the IMG code or thumbnail depending on the size and then post... it's Photobucket.com and you can have a place to host all your pictures.

BTW...Welcome to Gals and also we have quite a few other teachers on the site!

:wave: Frannie

Edited by ladyfran