Gerard Butler GALS

HOW TO: Display Your Signature

HOW TO: Display Your Signature, New Members - Please Read (Updated: May 12, 2010)

What is a signature?

A signature is a personalized graphic combined with text that is placed on your personal GALS account and is displayed at the bottom of your posts in the GALS forum.

To setup or change your signature image follow these steps (click on the Thumbnails as needed.).

1. Find Your Profile box located at the top right of your screen. It has your GALS' name on it.

Your Profile box: Posted Image

2. Click on your name and then click the My Settings option.

Posted Image

3. After the My Settings' window opens, click on the Profile option listed directly above the dark blue bar.

Posted Image

4. After your Profile window opens, click on the Change Signature option listed in the menu choices listed on the left side of the window.

Posted Image.

5. When the Current Signature window open, you are ready to setup/change your signature image. This window consists of three parts,

a. Signature text box is the place where you add your signature image's web address, IMG codes and any desired text to create a personalized signature.

b. After the signature image codes and text are saved, your personal signature will appear here.

and

c. The Save Changes button which is located below the signature text box.

Posted Image and Posted Image

Understanding IMG Codes

Signature image codes consist of a web address, beginning with http://, and includes the codes [ img ] proceeding and [ /img ] following the web address. Image codes are generated by your Web image provider, such as, Photobucket. The complete signature image code is a link to a signature image you have saved to your personal Web image provider account.

**Note** You must upload your signature images to a Web image host provider, so they can be seen on the GALS site.

Go to http://www.photobucket.com to open a free basic account, and then upload your personal images to your Web image host account, e.g., Photobucket (Photobucket is only one of many Web image host providers.). Once your images are saved, the host provider will generate various codes for use on online web sites.

6. Locate the IMG Code generated by your image host provider.

Posted Image

7. Copy the IMG code and paste it in your signature text box, and, as desired, add a line of text beneath your IMG Code.

Posted Image

When you think you have your signature how you like it, hit the Save Changes button below the Signature Box.

8. After your signature image and text is saved, you can view your current signature, verify the results and make changes as needed.

Posted Image

You can keep editing it until you get it how you like it.

**Note** After each edit, you must hit the SAVE CHANGES button are your changes will not be saved.

Trouble shooting Signature Image code problems:

Check the Signature Image Web address and IMG Codes for accuracy, typos, capitalization, brackets, etc.

Posted Image

**Note** When posting your Signature image code in your signature text box, do not leave any spaces; the complete signature code is a solid string of brackets, letters, slashes, etc.

GALS Signature Size Restrictions:

**Note**, GALS Signature Restrictions are now listed below your signature text box above the Save Changes button.

Posted Image

**Note** You may use two images, such as a signature and slice combination, if they, in total size, are within the size restriction limits of 600 X 300 pixels.

Posted Image In this combination, the signature is 600 X 200 pixels, and the slice is 600 X 50 pixels. They equal a total of 600 X 250 pixels, which is within GALS Signature Restrictions for size.

**Note** You may use two lines of text, but your signature image sould be smaller, e.g., 600 X 275 pixels, to accomodate the additional text. Signature Restriction on size includes both image and text and is 600 X 300 pixels or are smaller.

Checking image size:

You can determine the size of your signature image by checking the properties of the signature image located on your Web image host, such as, Photobucket.

1. Click on the Thumbnail signature image in your Photobucket account.

Posted Image

2. Now, right click on the full-size image of your signature image and select the option, Properties,

Posted Image

3. When the Element Properties box opens, you can determine the size of your signature image.

Posted Image

If you have any further questions on this topic, contact any member of the Admin/Moderator Team, or post your question/concern on this thread.

• 3 years later...

I'm trying to change my signature. I am missing something. Since the changes at Photobucket, is there a step I'm forgetting? I have my new signature showing, I click the IMG code and it won't copy. Am I supposed to click something else?

Please help.

Bonnie

I'm trying to change my signature. I am missing something. Since the changes at Photobucket, is there a step I'm forgetting? I have my new signature showing, I click the IMG code and it won't copy. Am I supposed to click something else?

Please help.

Bonnie

I finally went back into Photobucket (for the forty-eleventh time) and did see a place I had to click before I could copy the IMG code. I sure do wish I could remember that for the next time.

Thanks for listening, Gals.

Bonnie

Edited by BlueJean

:wave: Bonnie!

I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner, but glad you were able to work it out! :D

:hug:

Barb

Here is a quick 'how to add siggy' with the new (2013) Forum format that I did for lugerry...

1) Go to the workspace to Add Signature:
gotoeditsigworkspace_zps7c99f4f9.jpg

2) clear the old code or image from the signature workspace (backspace, highlight and hit 'delete', whichever works in your browser)

3) Go to Photobucket and copy the IMG code
CopyIMGcode_zps87cea767.jpg

4) Paste the IMG code into the Signature workspace
check that your 'thank your' or quote, etc. are shown under the signature (just key it in under the IMG code you just added)
pasteIMGcodetosigareaaddtyinfo_zps7d1a3f
5) Go to directly under the workspace and click SAVE CHANGES
after a few seconds your new signature appears! :D

This is the easiest way to do it!

It was No. 3 (copy IMG code) that I was having trouble with. It would not highlight, would not copy. I kept thinking I had to click something else. Finally I saw a block that said "you must click here to copy IMG code" - or something to the effect. I clicked it and then went to the code and I was able to copy it.. I hope I will remember that next time. Ain't gittin' any easier!

Bonnie

:hmm: Sheri if you send me the link to your image I'll see if I can add it w/o an error...

believe it or not I still have problems myself sometimes! :D

Sometimes it is the way our individual browser settings affect the results.