Gerard Butler GALS

5/28 - Gerry makes 'surprise' trip to Russia

becozy

Thanks to our Russian GAL Alissiya for the link and info!

source:

Posted Image

Gerry attended the Gallery of Modern Art Baibakov art projects - at the invitation of Oleg Baibako.

The exhibit features various artists. "An endless battle" - an exhibition exploring the creative potential of confrontation within the society.

The inspiration for the artists who participated in the project, began work of French philosopher Michel Foucault to supervise and punish, "in which he argues that society itself consists of a" never-ending battle, "programmed civilization and harmonize it. Among the artists who agreed to talk about the conflicts in modern society - Thomas Hirschhorn Ida Tursik, Wilfred Mill, Raphaël Zarka, and others. Under the project, they prepared paintings, collages and installations, designed to focus attention on the most critical, in their view, problems. For example, Thomas Hirschhorn has created a series of works made from clippings of glossy magazines, personnel from the news and propaganda slogans - as an example of what a visual product uses modern society.

In order to enhance the effect of the exposure, the work was presented in an unusual format: in the exhibition space gave a concert in one of the most interesting contemporary symphonic composers - Kudla. His speech was accompanied demonstration video works Cyprien Gaillard. Projections of dilapidated buildings made a strong impression on all viewers

Speaking of Hollywood stars. Gerard Butler took to the "endless battle" with great interest: he had carefully studied the work and exchanged views with the curator of the exhibition - Maria Baibakova. The actor flew to Moscow spontaneously - his visit was a surprise for visitors to the exhibition, and for its organizers.

For information on the Baibakov art projects go to their site, in English, here

or visit their Facebook

He looks GORGEOUS! Love the haircut and the fresh face - don't faint, Frannie! For the first time in my fandom I actually really think he looks amazing clean shaven. I think I was ready for no beard for a while. LOL

:ty: for the pics and translation!

Lisa

You're welcome, ladies! :wave: That was really great surprice for us to be honest. Especially because he came so quietly.. we were waiting for him for so long, and didn't even have a time to realize he was really here.. Oh well, we'll be patiently waiting for his next visit.. no, actually, impatiently :D

PS: It's so great to see him shaven at last! I missed that chin :wuv:

Thank you Barb and Alissiya! Looks like Gerry finally made it to Moscow. He said he wanted to go there. Gerry is way too handsome to hide behind a beard. It's SO GOOD to see that face again!! :D

~HUGS~ Kathy

OMG! That face! It's beautiful! :faint: And Lisa....you did kinda surprise the heck out of me!! He has been going from place to place for what...now?

:wave: Frannie

Edited by ladyfran

Thanks for the post. He looks fantastic and it is nice to see the clean-shaven look for a change, although I really don't mind much either way. I think he looks great bearded, with scruff or clean-shaven.

Brenda

Well, our globe trotter made it to Moscow for the art show, and he

had studied it and was so interested in it that he flew all the way

to Russia to see it. It's so wonderful that he can get to do that simply

because he wanted to. He actually got to do something he was interested

in and he didn't have to work all around it. The world must be coming

to an end, Gerry getting to do something he actually wanted to do without

work. Praise the Lord.

He looks wonderful, as always, but I have to say: He is one of very

few men that I think can wear a beard and look gorgeous and sexy in it.

Most men just look dirty, or biker dude in a beard, but Gerry wears a

beard like a tuxedo. He looks marvelous and sexy and MANLY with his

bear, no matter what length or how thick or thin it is, S&P or dark,

any way he wears it looks GERRY. No one else looks like he does in a

beard, and I miss it.

Oh well, enough said, I love him any way so it really doesn't matter,

however he wants to be is ok with me.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

It's nice he can have a little spontaneity in his life. What a fascinating subject that captured his interest...

sally

I think he's the only person who looks a totally different person and changes completely when he gets rid of the facial hair. It's remarkable the difference in him. The scruff will be back before we know it :lmao:

Moira

Lucky Gerry, to be able to take the opportunity to fly from Paris to Moscow! One must take advantage of one's opportunities, and he has said he likes to travel in between filming. I believe he also has long had an interest in the world of contemporary art. I hope he has a wonderful time!

I am loving his clean shaven look (although I liked the beard too). Gerry is always full of surprises!

Have a great weekend, everyone.

Judy

You're welcome, ladies! :wave: That was really great surprice for us to be honest. Especially because he came so quietly.. we were waiting for him for so long, and didn't even have a time to realize he was really here.. Oh well, we'll be patiently waiting for his next visit.. no, actually, impatiently :D

PS: It's so great to see him shaven at last! I missed that chin :wuv:

Thank you so very much. It was interesting reading the comments also. I understood enough to get a strong hint as to what was being said! It's so wonderful for us that he has fans all over the world who are willing to share with the rest of us! Thank you again, Pat

Even though my #1 fav look is w/scruff.He does look very nice clean shaven as well,as someone pointed out...you can see his dimples :) The art exhibit sounds very interesting.And if he hasn't been there before,Moscow is a very historical city full of interesting things.

That is so cool to have the possibility to travel all around the world just like that! 

Nice to know that Mr. Butler visited our neighbors. People of that kind do not often come to this part of the world without no particular reason (I mean, reasons concerning business), though there are definitely thing to watch. Congrats with that! 

And thanks for the news  :) 

Moscow is a beautiful city with great architecture and many places of historic importance, not to mention the burgeoning of the business community with all the potential sound investment possibilities.