Gerard Butler GALS
zanyzombie

Favorite Gerry Movie

Pick you favorite Gerry movie  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Gerry movie?

• Law Abiding Citizen
    • RocknRolla
    • The Ugly Truth
    • The Bounty Hunter
    • Nim's Island
    • P.S. I Love You
    • Phantom of the Opera
    • Miracle Match
    • Reign of Fire
    • Attila
    • Beowulf & Grendel
    • The Jury
    • Dear Frankie
    • Timeline
    • Dracula 2000
    • Gamer
    • Tomb Raider: Cradle of Life
    • Butterfly on a Wheel
    • Jewel of the Sahara

I only had 20 spots for this poll so if you don't see your fav movie I apologize.

i looked at the polls and i was like " Decisions, Decisions so i just picked one" :)

It 'hard to choose. I like a lot: P.S. I Love You, The Ugly Truth, Dear Frankie, Attila, Timeline RocknRolla ........ but my absolute favorite is ...... The Phantom of the Opera! :wuv::phantom::reddeath2::donjuan:

Love is the film that the music!

No question! Phantom of the Opera had it all, and it's my favorite. Beauty, music, wonderful story, love, heart break, drama, one or two giggles and the most beautiful Gerry I ever saw! POTO gave me GALS. What's not to like?

Posted Image *sigh*

Suzie

I'm still sticking with Law Abiding Citizen and Phantom of the Opera would be a very close second and then Dear Frankie, Shattered, and 300 finishing top 5. With Gerry's amazing talent, it's really hard to choose. I'm sure when MGP comes out next year it may very well become my top pick.

Dang. I think I debated over this longer than I decided on my car...

Right now Rocknrolla reigns supreme--closely followed by a couple of other movies...and for some reason, though I don't like "Gamer" very much I do adore Gerry as John Tillman/Kable. And TBH has adorable Milo Boyd. I want to hug the stuffing out of him!

But, Rocknrolla because G's publicist says the character is alot like how Gerry really is. :kisswink:

Here is a shocker for ya Zanes... Phantom.

I have seen every movie Gerry has made except for TBH. There were better ones and worse ones; but there will never be a more favorite one. It was this movie that gave me my beloved Erik, and for that I will always be grateful. :wuv:

My votes are as follows: best film - RnR; best cinematography - 300; most lovable character - PSILY; best G performance - LAC; sweetest - DF; quirkiest - JOTS; best miniseries - The Jury; sexiest hun(k) - Attila; grandest - POTO and I can go on forever. Bottom line: I cannot decide, I love them all. I know I said RnR, but it was more like a compliment to Guy Ritchie. Still, I will give my vote.

Definitely Phantom with P.S. I Love You as a very close second. Phantom because there's just so much depth to the character, PSILY because of the lighter side, and yet both movies bring me to tears! The singing is a major factor too...Posted Image

:donjuan:Phantom has always been my favorite character of his; you would think that the movie people would take note of this and do something with it...No other Phantom will do!

It's really funny because most of us always pick Phantom and Gerry thinks he was terrible in the

role that brought most of us to love him so much. He always says his singing was terrible and I

think he was excellent in this role and his singing, especially because he was never trained as a

singer and was right up there with all the pros of this film.

I love all of Gerry's movies and all of his characters, but Phantom was my intro to Gerry and his

great talent and personality and spirit, so it will always be my first pick.

Someone should tell him how much we loved it and that he was marvelous in it. He doesn't

seem to know.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

I agree with Shirsan. Yet, i can't just chose one on the list. That makes me sad now. Can we have a "all the above" option? Awe... >< Imma cry in a corner now. :unsure:

Silver.

An other hard decision... :phantom: is loved by everyone, so I won't choose that. I am a Hun(garian) woman, maybe I should vote for :attila2:. I chose :drac: as my favorite character, so I won't choose him again. :hmm:I am hesitating between The Ugly Truth and Rockandrolla. I will choose Rockandrolla because of the similarity between the personality of Gerry and OneTwo (and because I am not of a romantic kind).

I love "300"! Gerry IS Leonidas, even the greeks agree with that!

It's really funny because most of us always pick Phantom and Gerry thinks he was terrible in the

role that brought most of us to love him so much. He always says his singing was terrible and I

think he was excellent in this role and his singing, especially because he was never trained as a

singer and was right up there with all the pros of this film.

I love all of Gerry's movies and all of his characters, but Phantom was my intro to Gerry and his

great talent and personality and spirit, so it will always be my first pick.

Someone should tell him how much we loved it and that he was marvelous in it. He doesn't

seem to know.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

He actually loved that role...you watch interviews he did around that time and you can just see the excitement. It's just such a shame that all the critics out there didn't know a good thing when they heard it. No he wasn't trained, but he didn't need to be. No he doesn't have the 'stage voice' a lot of people were hoping for, but he didn't need it. I hear others sing songs like 'Music of the Night', and none of them have the soothing, emotional, tender voice that Gerry has in that. (Not to mention his deep, expressive eyes that always keep my own eyes glued to the screen, but I digress...)

I'm trying not to speculate here, but I think he just plays down that role because of all the criticism. It's just an absolute, positive shame, but I guess you can't please everybody.

As far as letting him know how we feel, I have(now don't laugh) written a 'just-in-case' letter for him regarding that very thing. Yeah I already sent him one letter via the fan-mail service, but I wanted one that I could actually place in his hands if and when I ever meet him face to face, and most of that letter is exactly what you wrote, pretty much. So here's hoping I do meet him someday......I hope I hope I hope.