Gerard Butler GALS
givemeabeach

6/3/10 - Frank Miller's Xerxes Revealed

6/3/10 - Frank Miller's Xerxes Revealed

Revelations about Xerxes, include Miller promise that the 300 character, Leonidas, will make a appearance. Click here for article.

Source: Dark Horse Comics, LA Times June 2, 2010

Oh, I hope Gerry reprises his Leonidas role for this! It just wouldn't be the same with another actor! ;)

Oh, I hope Gerry reprises his Leonidas role for this! It just wouldn't be the same with another actor! ;)

You're totally right. There is no other Leonidas. It'll be very interesting for sure!!

Thanks for the info.

Lisa

I cannot imagine the folks creating this would only give Leonidas a cameo spot in the movie. They have to be smarter than that. I would suggest that Leonidas' development as king would be parallel to Xerses development. I do not think I would go if GB only did a cameo.

Me either! Gerry would have to be in it for me to go!

Frannie

While it would be cool to see Gerry reprise his role as Leonidas, I dunno if he would. I mean he worked so hard to get in shape for 300 and then when he cut his work out regiment cold turkey, after filming ended, he ended up really hurting himself. It would suck to see Gerry go through all that again, as ridiculously amazing as he looked.

Me either! Gerry would have to be in it for me to go!

Frannie

I'm with you, Frannie. I wouldn't go see it unless Gerry has a major

role in it, and I know how hard it was for him to prepare for the

300 role. I wonder if he would even consider doing that again unless

he had a starring role. I know I wouldn't if I were him. That's

entirely to much suffering for a cameo role.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

Yeah, this strikes me as a bad idea, as well. I mean, go for it in the graphic novel. Put Leonidas in, by all means, but for the film? Probably best to steer clear. I agree that it would be ludicrous for Gerry to get back in that shape for just a cameo. Perhaps they could find a deleted scene and try to work some movie magic by inserting it into the new film? Or, since this is a prequel they could just find a young actor who resembles Gerry to be a 30-something Leonidas.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. :)

Steph

No offense to any of the other actors but what drew women into the movie was Leonidas not the third actor from the left in the second fight scene after the building of the wall of bodies and before the second actor on the right was toast. Appealing to men and women was what made it a mega hit. Gerry brought in the female audience. Gee I sure am opinionated - must be the lady ski bum in summer syndrome.

I would go to see it,even if Gerry just had a cameo appearance.Heck I'd probably go to see it simply because it's interesting,I didn't watch 300 just because of Gerry.I like ancient history,even though some bits of it were obviously fabricated (the creatures that don't exist in nature)

Having read the past interviews about his getting in shape to play Leonidas and how important it was for him that it be authentic,don't know if he'd be cool with this idea BUT...the Leonidas type muscles could be done with computers.He already looked to be in pretty good shape when we saw the pics from Serbia. The downside,he'd have shave his whole body again,although they could probably get rid of all the hair with computers as well.Just a thought.