Gerard Butler GALS
Dr. Em

Gerry Phone Call at 5th Annual GB Fan Convention

Big-time thanks to Gerry for calling and leaving the message even though he only had two hours to sleep before catching a flight back to the states!

Thanks to G's team (you know who you are) for facilitating, too!

We are all very humbled and grateful to Gerry for agreeing to match funds raised for the con, but no one as much as Marlene at The Shade Tree. The money will be WELL spent.

There are so many people to thank for another successful con, but am still brain dead and will post more tomorrow.
:kiss:
Without further ado...I have attached the mp3 and here is the transcript that our sweet Katie (Songbird) quickly typed up while I hurried to get ready for the gala. :thankyou: Katie!

Click here to download this file

TRANSCRIPT:

Hey everybody! This is um...forgetting my name for a second, which is a little weird because I believe this is for my convention, or at least the convention in my name, Gerard Butler.

GALS 2010 Gathering of the Clans 5th Annual Gerard Butler Fan Convention, Las Vegas, Nevada, June 3rd to 5th,looks like. That's better June 3rdto 5th. Wow, that looks awesome. And that totally looks like Scotland right there in front of my wee cheeky face, coming in and out.

I feel lucky enough to spend the last 3 or 4 days over here in Scotland, and Scotia, and Alba.

And...WOW! Now I know what happened. I'm going to speak quick. I'm going to call back and leave another one.

2 - Hello folks, it's Gerry again. I'm now remembering that I think this is what we did last year because apparently you can only record but one minute and then I get cut off.

So on to things very quickly, I'm totally honored and touched and blown away that you guys are back here doing this again for the 5
thtime. It's amazing! I hope you're all having a good time. Sounds like you're learning a bunch of stuff, this is nuts! You're going to learn more than me.

MySpace, Facebook, Twitter for Dummies. I want to be at that.

Siggy workshop, how to learn how to use Photoshop. I have a little...this sounds more like for paparazzi. So I'm starting to get worried about that one.

Encore request, Gaelic Gutter Gab for Gals sounds
extremely interesting.

And then we have Katie Steuart, who I believe is secretary of the Charity Foundation, singer...she does a lot.

3 - Hey, its me again, just to finish off, I hear you're gonna be speaking to my boy, ReNo, after Holly Ghere teaches you how to make music videos. ReNo is the man. That's who I got to stab in the throat during the movie and he's a great guy. So I hope you have fun with him in EVERY way, because he needs to have his fun. Look after him and send him home safe.

And then, thanks for all the charity stuff you're doing. It's incredible! You know this Shade Tree Shelter, giving this Rising Phoenix Inspiration Award is a FANTASTIC idea.

So, I love what you're all doing and I love that's still the focus. Also, celebrate...ah yeah...OH MY GOD! I'm going to have to do a 4th one, maybe a 5th, maybe a 6th! I'll finish in the next one, I promise.

4 - So eat, dance, watch my movies learn stuff on the computer, talk, make lifelong friends. Have a blast, and just think of me every now and again I'm thinking of you guys. I hope it's amazing.

I also wanted to say that anything you raise I will match for this weekend, so we can double that. And that's it, I wish I could think of more appropriate things to say but just have a great time, I'm so proud of you all. Hope you have a lift, learn something and feel like you've done something good for others, and for me. So I'll see you all soon. And, like I say, take care of my man, ReNo, cause he's a great guy. Till next year, have a great last night. And I'm honestly am finally, sounding out…okay...bye.

Edited by becozy
Download link updated

Congratulations to all the Gals who have made this probably the most successful convention so far!

Thanks to Gerry for the lovely message and generosity!

Just one wee thing to ask: how do we download the recording? I get a message that I don't have permission or something like that.

"[#10171] You do not have permission to view this attachment. "

Can someone help please?

Theresa

Edited by terezoulini

Sorry! I forgot to actually insert file into post! Try again. It worked for me.

~ D

it starts automatically when you click in this thread. You can stop and start it as its above the word transcrpt. it still has error message when you click on the mp3 bit at bottom. I right clicked on the bit by transcript and downloaded it that way.

Thanks Em this is brilliant.

Gerry is right in what he says about the focus all about the charity work and always has been.

Moira

Sorry! I forgot to actually insert file into post! Try again. It worked for me.

~ D

It does play automatically when we open the post, but it won't download, still getting the same error message when I click the link.

T

Theresa right click in the black box where the time bar goes along. for me it came up with download in realplayer and worked.

Moira

I apologize. I am MORE than brain dead and still have to finish the BYS Newsletter.

I added a download link to the right side of the slider. You can either follow the directions Moira gave to download or click on the link.

~ D

I have it all downloaded and synched to my iPhone. Thanks again Dayna.

What I think this call shows is Gerry does recognise the greatness that comes from holding these Fanventions. Yes they are a fun get together to celebrate our joint admiration of Gerry but ultimately he recognises that through him we have done so much for others and that's what matters.

Well done to all involved for making this the most successful Fanvention yet. Thanks also to Reno for attending and making alot of women happy.

Moira

Dr. Em ..

Thanks for the download and the transcript.

That was really awesome. What a great guy! That's so cute that he has to keep calling to get it all in.

OMG! OMG! OMG! He is just too adorable! I had to laugh at him saying to have fun with Reno in every way. If he only knew how we "gutter gabbed" about him. Of course there are limits on how far we can go in in our "discussions"(and rightly so) Totally in love with his voice, accent. Loving this man more and more every day...

Can someone in Vegas (or wherever the next Fanvention is going to be) please adopt me ... or maybe lets have the next one in South Africa ... sniff ... I feel so left out .... :faint:

Seriously though, this is an awesome thing that the GALS are doing .... and the support that you're getting from your members and Gerry is awe-inspiring!! :yay:

That's so sweet. It automatically played for me which actually kinda creeped me out until i started to notice the voice. I'm like, awe, poor pup. He needs to go to bed. heh.

I'll go the convention maybe next year... Although, someone is going to have to adopt me too. I can't do that stuff all on my own, otherwise my parents start freaking out like no tomorrow. It'll replace my Michigan trip next year then. I'm still going to New York for LND but I'll squeeze some stuff around. yay!

Anyway... Ah well, i feel the same as him most days. I have a sleeping disorder that's associated with my anxiety. That doesn't allow me to sleep very well. Grr, most times I hate it. I only cured it for one day by meditation. Simple yet difficult to do successfully. I'm ranting now. Thanks for that, Gerry...

.Moonless.Silver.Stars.

:thankyou: Katie for typing that up for us! Didjya get a tingle when he said your name?? :D I would have!

He's such an amazingly wonderful man for calling every year, and even more so this year for acknowledging The Shade Tree and what a wonderful organization it is.

I'm sure all of you who have worked so hard on the convention and all year long to help TST are extremely proud, and with good reason. Bravo!

Lisa

Gerry is so generous to match what was made for charity.

I have it all downloaded and synched to my iPhone. Thanks again Dayna.

What I think this call shows is Gerry does recognise the greatness that comes from holding these Fanventions. Yes they are a fun get together to celebrate our joint admiration of Gerry but ultimately he recognises that through him we have done so much for others and that's what matters.

Well done to all involved for making this the most successful Fanvention yet. Thanks also to Reno for attending and making alot of women happy.

Moira

Thanks guy, I got it!

Someone should tell Scott Mills and his pals about this message and Gerry doubling whatever Gals managed to collect for charity last weekend. Then maybe he would think twice before making light of Gerry's fans or Gerry himself, even if he meant well when "that remark" was made during the promotion of LAC. :-)

Theresa

OMG I can hear Gerry's voice anytime now. So cool. Thanks Dayna! :detect:

Holly and KT, he said your names :thud::lmao:

I love how he sounds more Scottish! :woohoo: for being in Scotland!!

Thanks for uploading and transcribing for us!!

It means so much to hear this from him.

You all work so hard and deserve it!!!

He said "wee cheeky" :swoon:

He really sounds a lot more Scottish after just a few days back home and I love it!! His burr is so heavy it made us melt faster than the Las Vegas heat just to hear that over. I would like that as my ring tone I think!!

It was so incredible to be sitting next to Marlene on Saturday night when the reveal was made about his matching what we raised. It still brings tears to my eyes, she was so overwhelmed. I spent over an hour with Marlene yesterday before leaving Las Vegas. I had some items to drop off to the shelter and wanted to let her know the "neighborhood" in which our donation would land this year. It is such a wonderful synergy that GALS and GCF and now Gerry through us were brought into the world of The Shade Tree where every little bit we do makes a significant difference. Whether we are helping to move books onto the living floors, sorting donated clothing into sizes, or serving soup for lunch, or we are giving a dollar or ten or ten thousand, what we are doing means so much to them and in turn knowing that we can help women who need to know that they are worthy, that they deserve to be treated with respect, even if we never meet them face to face is just such a profound feeling to me and compels me to do more every year that we are there. Oh, and our relationship with The Shade Tree and our acceptance as a registered charity by the State of Nevade means we WILL continue having the conventions in Las Vegas (along with many other reasons). That makes it easy for everyone to know that some weekend in June every year you need to get your arse to Las Vegas if at all possible!!! As I told Dayna earlier this year I want us to become known as the GALS who put the FUN in FUNdraising!!

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG! i was totally squealing when i was listening to this! Man, that is so awesome! he is so generous and loving to all of his fans :wuv:

What a guy! :wuv: I can't wait to see how much was raised this year! :yay:

Thanks guy, I got it!

Someone should tell Scott Mills and his pals about this message and Gerry doubling whatever Gals managed to collect for charity last weekend. Then maybe he would think twice before making light of Gerry's fans or Gerry himself, even if he meant well when "that remark" was made during the promotion of LAC. :-)

Theresa

Who is Scott Mills?

Thanks so much to all of you that made this available to us...I've been watching for the transcribe as I don't know if it was because it was just a bad hook up or because I was listening via ustream and I so wanted to hear what he was saying... How cool it is that he's beginning to know some of you by names!! But more than anything how cool that he even still takes the time no matter what he's doing to even call just to let us know he's there and truly appreciates us as loyal fans and also for all that the site has done as far as charitable donations and personal caring and giving! For him to match the final count is the total icing on the cake! I love that he didn't give up and kept calling back til he got to say everything he wanted to say... I just Love that man more and more!

Thanks again .....

:kiss: Frannie

I can still feel the excitement we Virtual Con GALS and PALS felt listening to that voice and all the fun and joy we had sharing with the people at the LV Convention. We laughed, cheered and teared up as though we were there sitting with you.

Thanks to Dr. Em and Katie for getting the recording and the transcript up so soon. It helped a lot to read the exact words that dear Gerry was saying.

:yay: He said he is so proud of us! And we couldn't be prouder of you Gerry, our Scottish lad. :wuv:

Diane

Edited by Shamrocked