Gerard Butler GALS

GALS Charitable Foundation announces amount raised

On behalf of GALS Charitable Foundation, its officers and volunteers, I am absolutely thrilled to announce the final proceeds from the funds raised during the 5th Annual Gerard Butler Fan Convention in Las Vegas, Nevada.

$16,148.56

THANK YOU, all of you, from the bottom of our full and overflowing hearts for your overwhelming generosity! And a special thank you to Gerard Butler, who graciously and generously offered to match the funds we raised over the weekend during the convention and virtual convention. Once again, all of you have exceeded our wildest hopes for assisting The Shade Tree Shelter.

With Gerry's generous "match"

the Grand Total is over $32,200.00!!

:drink:

:grouphug:

:ty:TO ALL WHO MADE THIS A SUCCESS!

WAY TO GO "TEAM GERRY"! WOOT! (WITH A VERRA SPECIAL THANKS TO THE LEADER OF "TEAM GERRY"! I AM SO PROUD TO BE IN YOUR FANDOM, MR. BUTLER!!)

That's amazing. Congrats to all involved. :yourock:

Can't you just hear G when he finds out? "If I'd known it would be THAT much..." (kidding of course.)

My heart is fairly bursting with pride to be a GAL! Thank you EVERYONE who contributed and made this possible. Thank you to all who brought the needs of the the Shade Tree Shelter to our attention. I wish I lived near enough to help out on a daily basis, but will continue to support them every way I possibly can until the need no longer exists. (from my fingers to God's eyes).

Oh, and someone please pass our thrifty Celtic Mr. G. the smelling salts! ;)

Suzie

YES, I too am so proud to be a GAL!!! This is awesome news....

Suzie, it even exceeded our predictions!!!! Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image everyone!

love,

Sue

That's amazing. Congrats to all involved. :yourock:

Can't you just hear G when he finds out? "If I'd known it would be THAT much..." (kidding of course.)

Hobbes, I mentioned that to ReNo after he finished his part in the auction. If Mr G had any idea ReNo would get the bidding so high, Mr G. might have had second thoughts about matching the total donations. LOL LOL LOL But Mr. G being Mr. G........he never backs away from a promise.

The Divine Miss S :rose:

This is an absolutely jaw droppingly brilliant amount to have raised Posted ImagePosted Image

This is just fantabulous, pairfect!! :D When I first came on site and saw $16,148.56, I thought that was with Mr. Gerard Butler's match. Later, I saw $32,200. My goodness there will be dancing in the street or at the very least The Shade Tree. This will make such a difference for them!!

Many,many thanks to all of us Gals (great caring group) Thanks to Mr. Gerard Butler and of course we all know he's grand. We might know how grand he is far better than he knows himself.

:yay: :yay: :thankyou:This is fantastic news. I am so proud of all the GALS who contributed to this charity, Dr Em, Susan, Thank you for finding the great charity. This means a great deal to me in a personal way, being a victim of abuse since I was a small child.

I had so much fun at this convention, the girlie, the fun, etc. Most importantly, thank you Gerry for your wonderful donation to "The Shelter Tree" and to your GALS. You are a HERO in my eyes.

Thank you for sending us ReNo. He is true gentleman and was very gracious to each and everyone of us. I hope everyone enjoys all the pictures I took for us.

:bow2::menkilt:

I'm celebrating my 5th year as a member of GALS in a couple weeks. I've spent a lot of my time and energy on this board, cultivating special friendships and giving my support to Gerry in the best way I can. Lately, due to many reasons I've been less active with GALS...but my heart is still here and my heart is still set upon Gerry, who is a wonderful human being.

Although I have not yet been able to participate in giving to The Shade Tree, it is on my agenda, and I am very proud to be associated with this amazing group of women in their efforts to benefit women and children in crisis.

Blessings to all and to Gerry,

Swannie

Edited by Swansong

Posted ImagePosted Image

What amazing group of women, and one magnificent man!!! The Shade Tree is definitely a most deserved organization, and you all did a fabulous job raising such an astonishing amount for them. $32k will allow them to do so much for so many more women, children and their pets.

Bravo, my friends!! Posted Image

Lisa

That is what i was wondering. Was the 16,000 plus including Gerry's or without Gerry. but you answered $32,ooo+ What a great year. We are going to have to start working hard to beat that next year. :detect:

I am so proud to be a GAL and so proud to be a Gerry fan. After spending time at the Shade Tree Shelter....what wonderful things they are going to be able to do with all that money!

This is amazing and the best news that I could have come home to! The work and effort that the Gals and pals put into this alone is priceless and to be able to give to such a much needed and caring group as The Shade Tree is extra special. I know I could only contribute in a small way but It makes me prouder each day that I can even be part of this very special group of Gals and Pals and my heart is BURSTING with pride to know that Gerry has graciously announced that he will match whatever the total is! It may actually sway him a bit ( just teasing) but I think he is going to be very proud of his Gals! Congratulations to us all!!

:kiss: Frannie

I am so proud to be a GAL and so proud to be a Gerry fan. After spending time at the Shade Tree Shelter....what wonderful things they are going to be able to do with all that money!

I CONCUR, Pop! After seeing the inner workings of the shelter, thoughts of what this kind of financial help will do are mind boggling (and EXCITING)! If we can let just ONE woman or child know they are VALUED and CHERISHED through our efforts, it's worth EVERYTHING! Of course, the real prayer is that ALL of the women and children ultimately come to this realization, but I'll start with "one."

It may sound odd, but for me personally, working at TST for a couple of hours was a highlight of the convention this year. I thoroughly enjoyed working with the "residents" that stepped up and asked if they could help move books with me. I found myself asking God to guide them to a better future as I sat there marveling in their personalities. One gal in particular, who was a teen mom-to-be, just had a wonderful "light" about her and I enjoyed her company for the little while we were together. Although being a pregnant teen in a domestic abuse shelter is not ideal by any stretch of the imagination, there was something about her that had me wondering if this was just a bump in her road of life. I could easily envision her as the "next Marlene," using her experiences to lead the charge for others. Again, "odd" for observing a total stranger for 20 minutes, but that's the vibe I was getting, nonetheless.

Oh, well ... didna mean to ramble. I really just wanted to reiterate what Poppy was saying about spending time at TST and speculating about the wonderful things it will do with these funds.

Proud member of Team Gerry!

Spot

I agree Holly. That was time well spent! I hate serving food and I abhor carrying crap from room to room in the heat but I didn't feel that one bit while I was there. If I could have stayed longer I would have because it didnt feel like I was working. Was such a blessing to be there that day.

Edited by RandomLanda