6/14 - Butler Nominated Teen Choice Awards

Choice Movie Actor: Romantic Comedy

Gerard Butler, "The Ugly Truth" / "The Bounty Hunter"

Josh Duhamel, "When in Rome"

Joseph Gordon-Levitt, "(500) Days of Summer"

Ashton Kutcher, "Valentine's Day"

Ryan Reynolds, "The Proposal"

For full listing of nominees, visit Teen Choice Awards

Winners to be announced August 9, 2010 on Fox.

I started to lie and say I was of voting age, but decided not only would that be a LIE but it wouldn't be fair

to Gerry. We need to see who is actually voting and if they vote for Gerry we will know that the demographic

is changing on his fan base.

I hope the appropriate teens vote him in.

That would surely thrill my soul.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

Wow! Teen choice awards?? Congrats to Gerry! I would love to see him win....................

Thanks Spot....BTW..your sig is outstanding. Beachie out did herself on that Baby! :cunning:

Frannie

WOO HOO!!! :omg: Gerard is nominated for Teen Choice Awards!!!! :ohbaby: please let him win that would be soooooo awesome!!!

I don`t get why voting for this is so weird, as long as people are voting what difference does it make how old the people voting are. I feel absolutely no guilt about lying about my age to vote...Gerry got totally snubbed at the MTV Movie Awards, so if I can help him win this award, I will. It`s worth knocking literally no more than a few years off my 22 years to do it. Go Gerry!

I'm actually shocked he is nominated for these films as TUT especially is not exactly a teen movie. I appreciate teens are from 13 to 19 but I'd have expected these awards are aimed more at the lower teens. Saying that there is Best Horror film/performance and I forget for R rated movies as long as an adult accompanies you any age can get in so US teens have more a chance of seeing stuff than our UK teens.

I was pleased to see HTTYD nominated for Best Animation.

Moira

I read only yesterday that one of the main demographics which show an interest in Gerry is the one for 18 - 24 yr. olds. That would just bring in the teen market. One has also to bear in mind that since discovering him in one or other of his later movies many young people are checking out his back catalogue and becoming familiar with him through that work. One of Gerry's strengths is that he has worked in all genres so it is quite understandable to me that he would gain support for this particular Award. I wish him well.

I'm actually shocked he is nominated for these films as TUT especially is not exactly a teen movie. I appreciate teens are from 13 to 19 but I'd have expected these awards are aimed more at the lower teens.

Moira

My thoughts, exactly.

:erik: Erik's Ebony Eyes :phantom:

I have teen boy cousins, just turned 15. They have been watching and playing Mature movies and video games since they were pre-teens. Kids today are more exposed to sex, violence, and adult themes far earlier than I was. I think this is one of the reasons some of Hollywood promote T&A more than promote the plot or story. Come on would Mr. Miagi, karate kid, really beat up on 12 year olds back in the day?

Veronica

Edited by eptxgirl3

Omg I really hope Gerry wins. He deserves it

Congrats to Gerry, I hope he wins. The kids are paying attention and know a good "thing" when they see it!!!! Good Luck Gerry!!!!!!!!!xoxoxoxo :pointy::pointy::kiss::pointy::wuv::yay::yay:

Edited by Sparty

Think I could get away from knocking 48 years off my age???

Suzie

I'm so happy Gerry got this nomination! He's been overlooked far too often and I feel he well deserves getting new recognition of his acting skills. I know how excited he gets about his films getting recognition and I remember how loveable he was when he got his Taurus World Stunt Award or the GQ Man of the Year Award! And his speeches on those occasions were so much fun!

Good luck, Gerry! I hope you win!

Thank you, Spot, for posting!

Chris

Gerry's nominated for "teen choice" for The Ugly Truth?

Delene

Way to go Gerry! I'm glad his fan base is enlarging! I still get "Gerry who" , but that's in Asheville, the Beer City, what do you expect??? LOL

Even teens love him! Women just love him in general. What's not to love?

At my work, there are quite a few teens who think Gerry is the best thing since sliced bread even though he's way older than Robert and Taylor. Gerry is a real man and Robert and Taylor are still boys IMO.

Think I could get away from knocking 48 years off my age???

Suzie

:funnyup: Suzie, I routinely knock 20 years off my age...don't think I could get away with 45! :p

:funnyup: Suzie, I routinely knock 20 years off my age...don't think I could get away with 45! :p

Yes you can Elissa cuz I didn't even think you were 45 yet...I was guessing 41 or 42

Yes you can Elissa cuz I didn't even think you were 45 yet...I was guessing 41 or 42

Oh, :thankyou: , Christine! That made my day! :)

I am totally happy he is nominated and I hope he wins,he deserves it,but I too am a bit shocked he is nominated for a teen award for The Ugly Truth.That isn't really a movie for that age group to see. I don't doubt they do.

I'm glad Gerry was nominated, too and I hope he wins. I'm not at all surprised that he is nominated in a teen poll for an R rated film. Just look around you in any R rated theater. There always are kids. If they're with an adult they're in without question. My nephew saw 300 in the theater and he was only 9 years old!

Edited to say he wasn't with me! My sister let him go with some of their neighbors. :lol:

Edited by Lady Elissa

I suppose the exposure is good, but I also have my questions about this nomination. I have a few female students who think Gerry is "hot", but it's always followed by "for an older guy". I'm also surprised that my students have seen TUT.

However, any nomination means he's being recognized more and more in Hollywood and that's always a good thing. I can't imagine your standard Gerry acceptance speech at a Teen award show, but if he did win he would undoubtedly be funny. :lol:

The Ugly Truth seems to be playing a lot on the Starz channel, I would guess that's where a lot of the younger fans saw it. That being said I would expect Ryan Reynolds to win the thing although it's great Gerry is being noticed.