Gerard Butler GALS
Doubter

Question

Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forum and found this site googling Gerard. To make a long story short every since Gerard became more well known here in the states people have been coming up to me and telling me I look like that guy from 300. I don't think I look like him at all (maybe the eye color). Anyways a buddy thinks I look exactly like him and I don't so when I saw this site I proposed we have a bet. You guys are the experts on all things Gerard related so if you have a chance look at my pic (I am a little sunburn in this one) and vote yea or nay. If the nays have it my buddy can no longer call me Leonidis or any other Gerard related character name ever again. If the yeas have it then I will have to live with the gerard name calling with no complaints! Thanks in advance for your time.

Actually could someone tell me how to upload a pic?

Posted Image

Edited by becozy
'fixed' code for image

Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forum and found this site googling Gerard. To make a long story short every since Gerard became more well known here in the states people have been coming up to me and telling me I look like that guy from 300. I don't think I look like him at all (maybe the eye color). Anyways a buddy thinks I look exactly like him and I don't so when I saw this site I proposed we have a bet. You guys are the experts on all things Gerard related so if you have a chance look at my pic (I am a little sunburn in this one) and vote yea or nay. If the nays have it my buddy can no longer call me Leonidis or any other Gerard related character name ever again. If the yeas have it then I will have to live with the gerard name calling with no complaints! Thanks in advance for your time.

Actually could someone tell me how to upload a pic?

OMG....I have to see this!! :kisswink: First thing is to get yourself a photobucket accnt! it's free. Then download your picture there. Depending on how big the picture is you will probably have to thumbnail it. which means after you download into PB right under there is a little tab that you can check to thumbnail...go down to the bottom and click on where it says different codes...the blue line...then go to the third space down ..click on that and copy ...go back to your post (here) and paste! I know I probably confused you and if so you can always E-mail it to me and I'll do it for you! Let me know!

:wave: Frannie

Ok I tried but for some reason the link is not working. I will try emailing to you Ladyfran. Thanks for your help.

Just sent you a PM... check your messages.

:wave: Frannie

Okay Ladies....here we go. Doubter wants to know if he wins the bet...does he or does he not remind you of Gerry??? In my opinion ...I say across his eyes and somewhat the shape of his head. Wish he was smiling though... but I guess my answer would be ...not exactly but somewhat!

Frannie

Here he is! Still a good looking guy! :kisswink:.....don't forget to click!

Posted Image

I can see the resemblance. Doubter actually looks more like he could be Gerry's brother than his brother does (jmho)! One thing is for sure, though, Doubter is a PAL, not a GAL. I must contact Barb and ask her to rectify his status!

Hello Doubter, Welcome to GALS,

I too can see a slight resemblance to Gerry--not an exact. Either way, Doubter, you are a lucky man to look like Gerry. Why not just go with the flow and enjoy it? :D

I agree with touchmetrustme that you look more like Gerry's brother than his real brother. Even if someone was a dead ringer for a celebrity I wouldn't say anything to them at the store or wherever because I'm sure you/they are sick of that question.

Thanks everyone for the replies. Looks like I am going to win my bet.

Christine its not that I am sick of having people come up to me, its actually very flattering. It is very embarrasing though because I do not think I look like him. He is a famous good looking actor and I am an average accountant so if I say thank you its like I am accepting the comparison and if I say I dont look like him I am arguing. Anyways its not the worse cross to carry! Posted Image

Hey, Doubter!

I changed your profile to PALS and changed your Member Title (now you're not Archie's Girl! ;) )

and I corrected the link to your Photobucket photo - you had the end tags reversed - so now it's a 'clickable' thumbnail.

I agree - you have a resemblance to Gerry, but as a 'brother'

Thanks Libby and ladyfran for the assists to Doubter! :rose:

:wave:

Barbara

I can see why they think you look like him. Definitely around the eyes and cheeks. You could pass off as a relative I agree.

Just leave your phone number on your profile ;-) lol

Moira

Hi Doubter,

:welcome:

I'm with the consensus. You do look like you could be Gerry's brother. The eye color is on target, but nope, not Gerry!

And, Frannie's right, "a good looking young man" . . . so, out of curiosity, how tall are you? And, is your buddy gonna stop in and say hi? :lmao:

beachie

Givemeabeach I am 6'2" and around 200 lbs not sure how tall Gerard is but I always assume actors are short in real life (although he looks tall.) I am definitely going to show my buddy this site and win my bet!

I'm one of the naysayers...the hairline and hair isn't right. You're a very good-looking guy though. Aren't you glad you came here to ask?

Posted Image

:unsure:

This is the great thing...if you get tired of accounting, AND you're a bit of a thrill seeker, why not become a stunt double for Gerry? The resemblance is definately there, especially if you have the same build, and Gerry's characters seem to be increasingly more daring.

Regardless, who you really look like is YOU (shades of Dear Frankie) and that's what matters. Just watch out for the paparazzi...if they follow your every move then you'll know they've mistaken you for GB!

Welcome to the realm of Gerry...

When I first opened the thread and saw the thumbnail pic, I thought it was a picture of Gerry for a second. So, at a distance, you do resemble him. But after I clicked on and got a more close up, I can still see the resemblance to some degree, especially the eyes. I have to say, if I saw you at a distance, I might think you were Gerry, and you'd make a pretty fair body double for him (you might check in to that)! Actually, you look more like a better looking, fit and in shape Randy Quaid up close, but you definately don't want to tell your buddies about that resemblance. I'm sure you'd rather be called "Leonidas" then "Eddy" anyday, wouldn't you? ;):funnyup:

Thanks for sharing your "dilemma" with us!

Delene

:wave: Doubter, :welcome1: I see the resemblance too! And what a coincidence, Gerry also happens to be 6'2". :lol:

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Although stunt double would be a good deal more exciting than accounting I am not sure if thats the best career move at 40!!! Posted Image

I need more pictures to decide??? Got anymore? (smiles)

:wave: Welcome to GALS Doubter. The eyes yes .... but I concur, you look like you could be related but not twins...lol.

Not bad, Doubter. Gerry is also 6'2' and 40. You aren't Scottish, are you??

Suzie

PS: I'm with Sally - we need more pictures!! LOL!!

Ok I can try uploading another pic. I am not Scottish but close enough Irish American!

Cheers!

Posted Image

Edited by Paisleyscot
Made pic a thumbnail

Hi Doubter :wave:

I agree that you could be his brother. Hmm Gerry is also 6'2" and 40 years old!

When I first saw the picture the shirt and pose reminded me of this Gerry picture! Posted Image

Hey you're still a good looking guy!

Cheryl