Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry helps elderly couple

http://www.musicrooms.net/showbiz/10307-Gerard-Butler-Helps-Out-Couple.html

"Gerard Butler ensured an elderly couple’s anniversary celebrations went smoothly after seeing them having trouble with a table at a restaurant.

The Scottish hunk was dining at the exclusive McCormick & Schmick’s eatery in Beverly Hills when he noticed the duo struggling to keep their plates on the table. Realising they were trying to celebrate their special day, Gerard immediately stepped in to ease the situation.

“The couple were celebrating their 60th anniversary,” a source explained. “They were having a problem with a wobbly table. Gerard took some sugar packets and balanced the table perfectly.”

The pair were bowled over by Gerard’s kindness, but he would not accept their offer of a drink in repayment."

It's a very Gerry story so it could be true. The only thing I wonder is when it happened? Isn't Gerry in Detroit? Or maybe he flew to LA for the holiday?

Theresa

"Gerard Butler ensured an elderly couple’s anniversary celebrations went smoothly after seeing them having trouble with a table at a restaurant.

The Scottish hunk was dining at the exclusive McCormick & Schmick’s eatery in Beverly Hills when he noticed the duo struggling to keep their plates on the table. Realising they were trying to celebrate their special day, Gerard immediately stepped in to ease the situation.

“The couple were celebrating their 60th anniversary,” a source explained. “They were having a problem with a wobbly table. Gerard took some sugar packets and balanced the table perfectly.”

The pair were bowled over by Gerard’s kindness, but he would not accept their offer of a drink in repayment."

It's a very Gerry story so it could be true. The only thing I wonder is when it happened? Isn't Gerry in Detroit? Or maybe he flew to LA for the holiday?

Theresa

The date on the article was March 2010 (I forget the day? :) )

Are you effin' kidding me??? I don't care if I get teased mercilessly ... I LOVE THIS MAN. Posted Image

Something so simple as helping an elderly couple fix their table. What movie star does that? A story like that will keep this smile on my face all day.

And I bet this is the type of story that Gerry would think "why would anyone care?" and that it wasn't a big deal. He has no idea how little things like this continues to show to the world that he's still just a good man.

Thank you Theresa for sharing it. :cloud9:

Lisa

Edited by phoenixgirl

Are you effin' kidding me??? I don't care if I get teased mercilessly ... I LOVE THIS MAN.

I certainly won't tease you! I totally agree with you 1000% (nope, not a typo, I meant to type it)! Unlike another website, we are nice to each other here on GALS. Gerry is the best!

Edited by GerrysGalwayGirl

Theresa

Ah, the old "sugar packet" trick, come to the rescue! Used it many a time, especially after I tried it once with the kethup packets but it didn't work out so well.

Maybe Gerry also tossed a hundred down on the table too! That should cover anything off the senior menu and then some! :funnyup:

Delene

Lisa..... That's why we ALL love this man! The little things like that that mean so much! You are so right. How many other movie stars would do something like that!

:wave: Frannie

Gerry once said that if he saw someone with a flat tire on the side of the road he would stop and help out. He said that is how he was raised. You don't think about it you just do it. That's our Gerry!! One of a kind!!

~HUGS~ Kathy

funny how Perez Hilton or whoever will slander Gerry to no end, yet they would not even dream of covering a story such as this one...any wonder why I admire Gerry so deeply but loathe Hollyweird.

No kidding! It's disgusting how the gossip rags, and even supposed non gossip magazines, only focus on the rumors and lies about celebs. But a sweet little story like this, that shows the real man that Gerry is, you won't see in US or People, etc. so most people won't know this about him. I put this story on my FB so my friends who don't know anything about Gerry other than what they hear from me will see this and hopefully remember it when they see the "other" types of stories.

Now, breaking down in LA ... hmmm, don't give me any ideas! :rotflmao:

No kidding! It's disgusting how the gossip rags, and even supposed non gossip magazines, only focus on the rumors and lies about celebs. But a sweet little story like this, that shows the real man that Gerry is, you won't see in US or People, etc. so most people won't know this about him. I put this story on my FB so my friends who don't know anything about Gerry other than what they hear from me will see this and hopefully remember it when they see the "other" types of stories.

Now, breaking down in LA ... hmmm, don't give me any ideas! :rotflmao:

Not to mention how no one in the press mentioned how he matched the funds raised for charity at the GALS convention. They are very quick to make fun of the fan sites and the conventions but they never bring up the positive stuff.

Theresa

I'm sure there are many of us 'regular' people who would do the same thing. But because it's Gerry it's big news. No, it isn't anything out of the ordinary, but he IS the kind of person who would go out of his way to help anyone. Just like when he paid the vet bill for the dog that would have been put down because the owners didn't have the money for its care.

Posted Image

Yeah, but it's because he's out there doing what an ordinary person would do --- STILL --- with all that has happened to him and for him lately. That's why he's special and especially so to us! He hasn't forgotten what's right --- from saving the drowning boy at the beginning of his career to this little thing. He just did what should be done -- not many in entertainment who can be bothered to notice --- let alone do anything.

Way to go --- and as for the gossip sheets of the world? Who cares when you know the truth?

Happy 4th, ladies!

Jill

He always has been and always will be

my hero. A genuine down to earth caring

sweet spirit. That is who I saw when I

first saw him as Eric, The Phantom. I knew

in my soul that he was this person that the

world is just beginning to know. He is

a lovely human being first, then an actor.

These things about him do NOT surprise me,

they only strengthen my resolve that he is

who I have always known him to be.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy