Gerard Butler GALS

PSILY on Lifetime

SouthernGirl28

Hi,

Anyone happen to catch our man on Lifetime over the weekend?? What did you all think?

I know being the G fan I am I wasn't too happy about all the cutting out they did. I mean I know it had to be done for commercials and such but still.

Thoughts anyone??

April

Edited by SouthernGirl28

April...Many of us were very unhappy at the hatchet job they did with that movie. We came on GALS to complain while it was on. They left out pertinent information about the characters. You never did find out that William was a friend of Gerry's, that was cut out. Many many things were left out. I have never seen a movie cut up that bad before. It made me mad because there are people out there who have not seen the movie and went away with, "What was that all about"? So much of the charm of the movie was lost. Very sad because I LOVE that movie. ALL of it!!

~HUGS~ Kathy

I agree Kathy. I couldn't believe what a poor job they did in editing it down for time. That's the worst I have ever seen. It was extremely choppy and important character development, information & some of the best scenes were cut. I know my mouth dropped open in that opening scene when he caught her in the air and then suddenly we were at the wake. I love that part where he's carrying her and talking with the butterfly kisses. Deleting that also meant you lost your 1st clue that Holly had issues with her father.

If this was the 1st time you had seen the movie, you would really not have a true impression. They just cut so much of the Gerry Kennedy charm, which is the best part of the movie.

Ren

I agree totally. So much vital material was omitted...I was terrified that they were going to omit the kiss on the road and just show her walking away. Awful editing.

YUP! I was one of the complainers! Especially about the first scenes ....the most important scene because that's the scene that showed the passionate, and deep love they had for each other and also to show that side of Gerry....otherwise how would the people that never saw the movie as Kathy said, understand the off the wall memorial scene at the bar! You would first have to know the man! Just way to choppy and sloppy editing.....I'm surprised that they didn't cut out the funniest scene (the boat scene) and did you notice that they darkened the butt shot of JDM? After all they show on TV now and cut that out??????? Okay, I'm done with my rage for the day! :unsure:

:wave: Frannie

On TV, for some odd reason or another, they edit out pieces of the movie that they feel is irrelevant to the plot. Plus, in the beginning of every movie they show on channels like that is that it has been modified from its original *question mark* format I think it is, or version, that's what it is. I don't know why they do that. Some of the most important parts in PSILY are cut because TV is a marketable thing. The DVD gets you more answers than nothing. I'm happy I have my DVD, that's why I didn't stop to watch this. I was too busy watching ROF on Starz.

Silver.

Of course I've seen PSILY, repeatedly, got it on dvd, some of my favorite Gerry moments are in it! Still, I don't get it, they don't do that on TV here, editing for time reasons seems silly, it's a bit long, indeed, but they could find a more suitable interval of time to broadcast it, and also a better part of the day, when the kids are asleep, so they won't have to edit for this reason either! There should be a law against chopping a movie to some editor's liking, leaving out crucial moments for understanding the film completely! And to chop up a sweet movie like this one with not much to need hiding from children - well, maybe the JDM butt scene and some colorful remarks - makes no sense! JMHO

Thanks for answering, Silver and April!

Chris

• 1 month later...

I witnessed that pathetic rendering as well. I guessed there was probably a good thirty to thirty five minutes of movie and the rest was commercials. Don't they know that if the program is not good, it will be turned off and no one will see their stupid ads anyway? :doh:

Delene