Gerard Butler GALS

Tomorrow Never Dies

As many times as I have watched TND, maybe the first time I didn't know of Gerry then a couple times after, and searched for Gerry's brief, almost instantaneous appearance, I have never seen him! I always thought that if he was even there for a split second that I would surely spot him, even in the mayheim of the scene. But alas, never. But there may be a reason for that. I heard or read in an interview somewhere recently when Gerry mentioned some of his earlier work, he did mention his scene in the movie but then he said the piece got cut and he doesn't even appear. Now, that would explain it but could that be true? I know he's listed in the cast. I wish I could remember which interview I heard him say this, it even might have been a written one. However, if anyone has actually seen Gerry in this movie for his brief appearance, and I understand if you blink you'll miss it, but I wish they'd point him out because I just don't see him.

Delene

D, Gerry's scene is definitely not cut from the movie, but it's very brief and not well-lit, so you have to be really paying attention. It's close to the beginning of the movie and he plays the leading seaman on a ship. I believe he says "Sir, we're now down 14 degrees by the stern".

If you go on You Tube and type in Gerard Butler Tomorrow Never Dies, you'll probably find a clip. I'd look it up for you, but I'm at work and can't get on You Tube.

Wow, thanks, Rendita, for the tip! I searched on youtube, as I had missed Gerry in TND too and found the clip, it's called Fourteen degrees. I had had the same problem myself (although I only saw the film once, not a big fan of the Bond series) but I never thought to ask, so thank you, too, Delene, for bringing it up!

Chris

Well, I had to go through a few youtubes for the movie and it took me a while but I finally found him! I'm so happy! He wasn't cut after all! Thanks, Ren!

This is for those of you who may have missed him. :p

Delene

Ha Ha. I actually think that might be what he was referring to in not being sure he even made it into the movie. Didn't he say he was in front of a row of cardboard cut outs? :lol:

Edited by Rendita

Yes, as a matter of fact, he did say he was among the cardboard cutouts. Actually, those I spotted. And to be honest, I think in TND, I've only seen the complete movie once way before I knew about Gerry. He's so obscure and in the shadows, in the midst of all that chaos that I would never have given him a second thought. The couple of times I saw the movie on TV it was already cut up to fit for time and commercials and his part may have been one that was cutout. I watched PSILY the other night and got so disgusted with how they chopped it up and left out parts that I quit watching it, especially when it got to the part where Jeffrey Dean is in the buff! :(

Delene

I would be curious to know what he did get paid for his little part. But I have to say, he did it exceptionally! I know I was totally convinced!

Delene