Gerard Butler GALS

7/22 - Bounty Hunter #1 DVD & #1 Rental

becozy

I'm another who thought BH was so-so when I saw it at the theater............but the second time I saw it, I really liked it. I have watched it several times since I purchased the DVD and I really, really like it.

Cheers

BlueJean

I'm another who thought BH was so-so when I saw it at the theater............but the second time I saw it, I really liked it. I have watched it several times since I purchased the DVD and I really, really like it.

Cheers

BlueJean

Me too!!! Even my daughter liked it better the second time....weird, huh? I think I just expected hilarity, and well, it isn't that...but fun. I guess it was kind of predictable, is all. I would've went for a better ending. My husband was tickled, after all that, he was still taking her to jail....shoulda ended there, IMO.

Bonnie

Sony's The Bounty Hunter was #1 in DVD sales and the #1 Rental in the U.S. for the week ending July 18.

source

The Bounty Hunter was a fun movie with some suspense -- I bought the DVD and liked it better each time I watched it. More and more I think that those who cannot do, criticize, and unfortunately, they get paid for it. Gerry Butler is a marvelous actor, as evidenced by all of the different roles he has played. He chooses to act in films that are different and "not formulaic," and in my opinion has done stupendously well in each role, whether it's an RC, action, or other kind of role. And he was wonderful in Phantom -- both acting and singing!

:yummy: Rented it and loved every minute of it as did my DH who laughed all the way through...must be a "man" thing? I will be buying it for my collection.!

Sony's The Bounty Hunter was #1 in DVD sales and the #1 Rental in the U.S. for the week ending July 18.

source

The Bounty Hunter was a fun movie with some suspense -- I bought the DVD and liked it better each time I watched it. More and more I think that those who cannot do, criticize, and unfortunately, they get paid for it. Gerry Butler is a marvelous actor, as evidenced by all of the different roles he has played. He chooses to act in films that are different and "not formulaic," and in my opinion has done stupendously well in each role, whether it's an RC, action, or other kind of role. And he was wonderful in Phantom -- both acting and singing!

I agree with you 100% Musiclady! Gerry is great in all his roles and makes the movie worth seeing (and not just because he's gorgeous!). And as the Phantom -OMG- he was wonderful! That's the first time I saw him and have been his slave ever since. I've had time this week to re-watch nearly all his movies (I have them all!) and I find that not just Bounty Hunter, but all his movies get better and better the more often you watch them. He's such a terrific actor that you get more insight in to his characters the more you can study the subtle expressions and other details he adds. There's no one like him and I want him!

:phantom2:Did anyone else notice his "Phantom" growl when he revelled in the revenge factor when handed the job of arresting his ex? His look in the eyes and mouth was definately Phantom! I LOVE it when he is seeking revenge; even if it is light heartedly....

AGREE!!!! NO SURPRISE IN THAT!!! :drool1: Our G-Man is the bomb!!! I am soooo proud of that incredibly gorgeous man!! And now!!!! He is taking almost no money home from MGP and I am soooo proud of him for all he does to help others. No wonder I have loved this man so much for so long!! He is all I expected and more!!

Love Ya G-Man...FOREVER,

AOG Joanna :kiss:

:phantom2:Did anyone else notice his "Phantom" growl when he revelled in the revenge factor when handed the job of arresting his ex? His look in the eyes and mouth was definately Phantom! I LOVE it when he is seeking revenge; even if it is light heartedly....

Sorry to say May, that I was so blown away by the wee hop he made, :p I didn't notice the look in his gorgeous eyes. A big, gorgeous 6'2", built man doing a hop was so totally adorable, I missed the look. I'll notice it when I get my DVD. That man still thrills me after almost fourteen years, He gets better and better as he ages...or as Kathy said, "he is well seasoned" or words to that effect. If I didn't get them 'pairfect', Kathy will forgive me. But that is so cute and soooo true. The man is incredibly awesome. I couldn't be prouder if he were my own son!!

Love Ya G-Man, FOREVER!! :kiss:

AOG Jo

Welcome to Gals Merlin and I'm very happy to hear you are doing well! Sounds like you had quite an ordeal! Gerry has in some way turned many of out lives around!

:wave: Frannie

Once again Frannie, you are giving beautiful words to others that need them. Here are a few for you. You are an awesome Lady Fran and we all love you so much. Good luck with all you do all the time. Just felt like saying that to you.

Love Ya Lady Frannie, :wuv:

Your Friend Jo :)

I am doing great. I had to have a new Aortic Valve put into my heart and 2 bypasses. Everything went perfectly. I was on the Bypass machine for 7 hours and so my brain was a lot messed up ...but I came through just great. This was all sort of on the spur of the moment and we had hoped to see LAC in the theatre. Somehow my brain was still on Gerry mode and while in ICU ... I was creating Gerry on the wall of my room. I instructed my husband to tune Gerry in , and after awile I told him to turn it of because it was to painful for me to watch. lol Don my husband said Gerry was always there in my mind during that early part of my recovery. I find is very amusing that my HERO could be so conjured up by my mind that during such a major crises in my life he could comfort me so much. This is not a ficticious story , and my precious husband is an Anglican Priest can vouch for the truth of it all.

:yay: Good Luck Merlin,

I am sorry to hear such a terrible thing that happened to you and I am sooooooooo glad that you are doing so well. Prayers will be yours from now and forever from me as well as, I KNOW, all of the GALS!! We love our Sisters and this is an awesome place to come for love and friendship.

I will be watching out for your e's. :wuv:

Your New Friend, :)

Joanna

Edited by Joanna

Sorry to say May, that I was so blown away by the wee hop he made, :p I didn't notice the look in his gorgeous eyes. A big, gorgeous 6'2", built man doing a hop was so totally adorable, I missed the look. I'll notice it when I get my DVD. That man still thrills me after almost fourteen years, He gets better and better as he ages...or as Kathy said, "he is well seasoned" or words to that effect. If I didn't get them 'pairfect', Kathy will forgive me. But that is so cute and soooo true. The man is incredibly awesome. I couldn't be prouder if he were my own son!!

AOG Jo

Welcome to Gals Merlin and I'm very happy to hear you are doing well! Sounds like you had quite an ordeal! Gerry has in some way turned many of out lives around!

:wave: Frannie

Once again Frannie, you are giving beautiful words to others that need them. Here are a few for you. You are an awesome Lady Fran and we all love you so much. Good luck with all you do all the time. Just felt like saying that to you.

Love Ya Lady Frannie, :wuv:

Your Friend Jo :)

I am doing great. I had to have a new Aortic Valve put into my heart and 2 bypasses. Everything went perfectly. I was on the Bypass machine for 7 hours and so my brain was a lot messed up ...but I came through just great. This was all sort of on the spur of the moment and we had hoped to see LAC in the theatre. Somehow my brain was still on Gerry mode and while in ICU ... I was creating Gerry on the wall of my room. I instructed my husband to tune Gerry in , and after awile I told him to turn it of because it was to painful for me to watch. lol Don my husband said Gerry was always there in my mind during that early part of my recovery. I find is very amusing that my HERO could be so conjured up by my mind that during such a major crises in my life he could comfort me so much. This is not a ficticious story , and my precious husband is an Anglican Priest can vouch for the truth of it all.

:yay: Good Luck Merlin,

I am sorry to hear such a terrible thing that happened to you and I am sooooooooo glad that you are doing so well. Prayers will be yours from now and forever from me as well as, I KNOW, all of the GALS!! We love our Sisters and this is an awesome place to come for love and friendship.

I will be watching out for your e's. :wuv:

Your New Friend, :)

Joanna

:kiss: Yes good luck after all that and get better soon!

Joanna; it wasn't so much the look in his eyes; contemplating :reddeath2: the juicy revenge on his ex but the gutter growl emitting from his sexy wind pipes as well...it made me shiver to think of it... :pant:

AOG Jo

:kiss: Yes good luck after all that Merlin our prayers are with you and get better soon!

Joanna; it wasn't so much the look in his eyes; contemplating :reddeath2: the juicy revenge on his ex but the gutter growl emitting from his sexy wind pipes as well...it made me shiver to think of it...

Hi Gals! Congrats Gerry on making another hit movie!! Three weeks ago when BH was released,our movie store had 30 copies. Of course when I went to rent it - there were not any available. I went back every night for a week and finally they had one copy for me!! :pointy: I was so excited. I did see it in the movie theater but had to watch Gerry again and again!

Merlin I am glad you are feeling better. He always knows how to make things better! It must be those heavenly eyes and handsom face!! :drool1:

[/quote

A scene I love, albeit brief, is the very last shot of the car rollover....they are bickering over asking "a good question".... she has a little smile and you can BARELY see the look on Gerard's face....he gives her that "I just messed up the line look"... slightly tips his chin, puckers those lips and raises his eyebrows..... just delightful! Of course there's nothing better than Gerard in a damp, clingy towel........yum yum..

ps I feel ridiculous....I am one silly woman.....maybe it's time I take up knitting.........FAT CHANCE

ps I feel ridiculous....I am one silly woman.....maybe it's time I take up knitting...

I here ya, sista! Been there, done that! Let's see, knitting, Gerard, knitting, Gerard, knitting, Gerard. I've never knitted so I guess it's Gerard.

Delene

ps I feel ridiculous....I am one silly woman.....maybe it's time I take up knitting...

I here ya, sista! Been there, done that! Let's see, knitting, Gerard, knitting, Gerard, knitting, Gerard. I've never knitted so I guess it's Gerard.

Delene

Thanks for your comment! The thought of giving up GB for knitting isn't a part of any equation for me...(apologies to all those who are talented in that form of art). I have to say it's way too much fun being a part of this..whatever...thing we have together! I thank you, all of you beautiful women, for all your work and intelligent insight! Life is short...enjoy things that stimulate you, whatever they may be...just be sure to take care of yourself while you enjoy. I'm off to cook dinner for grandkids...with thoughts of that yellow towel from "Shooters" and a similar vision in the white towel from "TBH"....hubba hubba....

ps