Gerard Butler GALS

Thanks Polar Bear for sharing your story! What you described is why we all love Gerry! He is just a regular guy! Keep us updated!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joanna, sent me an email and asked me to post these words by her on her behalf.

Thank you for the adorable story you shared with all of us. I am so happy for him and so proud of our man for his kindness and his Humanity.......and his adorably silly jokester side. I need to let you know you are lucky and I am so proud of you for being so helpful of not telling Gerry's whereabouts. If people love Gerry, they wouldn't ask for any of that info to begin with.

I am sooooo not surprised by what you said! I am soooo 'verra' pleased to see and read that all I ever thought about this man was so true. Gerry hit me right in my heart as just the kind of man he has shown us to be. Dear God, I soooo love this incredibly HUMAN man it's beyond words. He constantly proves me so right so many times. I feel so good when that happens. Gerry has NEVER, EVER let me down. I am so proud of our G-Man...he is a supreme being made by the hands of God for us to love and share. Dear God, I am so crazy about this man.......it has to be close to over obsessive!!!!!! I have constantly tried time and again to get over this feeling of love for this incredible man and each and every time it never works. I see him or hear him or read something about him and am right back to 1998 again seeing him and that incredibly dazzling smile that made me love him from that moment on and I am loving him even more.

I am 100% certain my apartment would never be used. I am curious what Gerry would think of seeing his face everywhere (1 poster in dining area, 13 posters in living room, 2 posters in Christine's room, 6 posters in my room now, but many more pics to be hung this week). Not sure if he'd be flattered or scared. Congrats to you, Polar Bear. No matter what, I can't wait to see this movie! I smell an Oscar win for this!

I am 100% certain my apartment would never be used. I am curious what Gerry would think of seeing his face everywhere (1 poster in dining area, 13 posters in living room, 2 posters in Christine's room, 6 posters in my room now, but many more pics to be hung this week). Not sure if he'd be flattered or scared. Congrats to you, Polar Bear. No matter what, I can't wait to see this movie! I smell an Oscar win for this!

I suspect....scared. :lol:

Here is the pic of Gerry and I: http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz332/thelastpolarbear/gerryandme.jpg

I'm constantly impressed with the way Gerry is. Tonight we went to a private party with the cast and crew. Gerry walked in and saw me and my fiancé standing by the bar and came up to us. He then started telling people about the little window breaking joke he did the other day. Gave me a handshake (and he remembered my name right when he saw me...incredible for someone who meets a gazillion people every day.) and gave my fiancé a kiss on the cheek and a hug. The night went on just like a private VIP party should. Drinks, food and a live DJ all paid for by the production company. I'll tell you what...those movie people know how to party!! Of course Gerry didn't drink any alcohol, but he sure did have a great time. Its amazing to me how everyone gravitates towards him and he never looses his cool. Always smiling, hugging everyone, laughing and allowing everyone to take pictures of him. What a guy. I had a bunch of opportunities to approach him throughout the night, but I didn't. I saw a bunch of other people doing that to him and I figured I'd just give him his space.

Mark Forster (director) saw me when he came in and shook my hand. He commented on how he liked my hair style. (fo-hawk) He said "I really like the way you did your hair tonight" and I replied back...."I also like what you did with your hair tonight".....for all those who don't know what he looks like...he has a shaved head. He got a laugh out of that.

I spent a good amount of time talking to Sam Childers who was also there. He's a really nice guy too. You can see that he's all business, but he'll talk to anyone and carry out a good conversation. I met Sam on set (HA! my house is a set) a few days ago and him and I were chatting about this and that, so when I went to the party tonight, he saw me and was very warming and wanted to talk to me. Great guy.

As for my house, in the contract, it states that the house and property have to be returned to original state or better before they wrap up. I've been assured by many people that it'll be cleaned, fixed if anything is broken and in better state than before. Not to mention that they painted my whole house, are giving me a lot of the furniture for free and many other perks. So I'm not worried about that.

I do have some more pictures I will post up later, but I have to go through them and kind of be picky. I don't want to put anything up that will offend Gerry or anyone else who might see them on here. Also, I cant post pics of my house or anything inside. I could get sued for that. Any pictures of the set is technically property of the production company. I watched Gerry do some Keriokie tonight. He's a pretty good singer. And he knows how to get the crowd going. No stage fright from him. It was great. These memories will last a lifetime. I feel like I'm right in the mix with "A list" actors and almost feel like a star myself. It's gonna be hard when they all leave next week and I'm back to normal. It's been one big party so far.

One more thing. I'm seriously impressed with you gals. Everyone here seem to have the uppermost respect for Gerry. I guess after I met him and see how other people just follow him around drooling and clicking cameras right in his face, I feel kinda bad for him. I know he's a celeb and that's what their life is like, but after hanging with these people...I realized, thats what they are...people. Just normal guys and gals in a extraordinary situation. Anyways.....I'll keep you all posted here and there on whats going on. (well...to an extent. I have to keep it cool with the production company and actors)

I'm off to bed now. Too many Vodka and Red Bulls with the crew at the party tonight! Hahahaha! Talk to ya gals later!

P.S. for whoever asked if I was on twitter, not me. I dont even know what that is really. haha!

Great pic!!! Thanks for being comfortable enough to share it with us.

I'm not surprised at your respect for Gerry becuase he himself engenders it. I honestly wish this stuff could be made more public becuase I can't stand the crap that gets put out there about him sometimes. But here we have a man who is just a real dude, nothing to gain, and telling the truth about how awesome Gerry is. Polar Bear, you totally deserve all the good that is coming your way, from the production company and beyond.

Thanks, Polar Bear! So awesome of you. :thankyou:

Red Bull and Vodka? Yikes. :lol:

Lisa

Edited by phoenixgirl

What a great picture. You should post one with your fo-hawk :D

So glad you got to attend the wrap party. It sounds like you had a great time. I'm sure it w/b a once in a lifetime experience for most people and something that you'll never forget.

I also wanted to say for myself that I appreciate the consideration you are showing Gerry & the others associated with the production, because as you've said, not everyone does. They are just people trying to live their lives and do work they love and I'm sure at times it can be trying. I'm not saying the good doesn't outweigh the bad, but I imagine that sometimes it's nice to get a break.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us.....especially after a late night of partying. :)

Hope to see you around.

Ren

Polar Bear thanks for the great pic and thanks for showing Gerry some respect by giving him his personal space. Sometimes it's just great to watch and observe from a distance. You've got alot of great memories and I'm thrilled they are all positive ones of Gerry. It's really great getting confirmation every now and again all the stuff we know and suspect anyway.

Moira

Thank you Polar Bear for sharing your story of the wrap party. I can imagine that Gerry would have wanted to just relax and enjoy himself, which it seems he did. You are very respectful of Gerry like most of his fans are. Then there are some others...

How nice for you to get some extra goodies from the production company for using your house. Not a bad deal at all! You are a genuinely nice guy and I appreciate you sharing everything that you could about Gerry and the filming.

Posted ImagePosted Image

No sense in me repeating what everyone else said ....but for myself I just want to say thank you and send you a big cyber {{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}..... I also hope you get to check out other Gerry movies and maybe give us your take on what you've seen....I'm sure your fiance will have her faves and you'll have yours!! :D

Thanks again PB,

Frannie

My thanks to you Polar Bear! You're a great guy too! So cool for you to have this awesome experience. We are so glad you feel comfortable with Gerry and with us Gals! You are welcome here well after the movie crew leaves your house. Thanks again for confirming that not all of the Hollywood crowd is as freaky as the media makes it! Posted Image

Linda

Thanks, PB, for your continued "updates"! I'm sure you are quite on the "high" right now with all of this. Be assured that the majority of those people you see bugging Gerry and other actors that seem like so called "fans" are usually not. Many people are just in it for themselves or I sometimes think they try to sell pics and autographs on ebay to the real fans.

Gosh, you're getting kind of a mini extreme makeover with your house, eh? Makes me wish someone would use mine for a movie sometime, just for the paint job if nothing else!

We are so grateful that you chose to come here and share your great experience! Not many people would take the time to sit down and write out the updates as you are! Tell your fiance' she's got herself a great guy per a very discriminating bunch of GALS, but I'm sure she already knows this! ;)

Next time you talk to Gerry, send him our love and tell him we are so excited about this movie, but I'm sure he already knows this, too! :D

Hugs,

Delene

Edited by GBPhanatic

PB, you are a doll for sharing this story with us. Thank you. I am so glad to hear that you respected Gerry enough to let him have his own space. Reading your observations of him has been a pleasure for those of us who adore him!

It's obvious that this has been a great experience for you! The pic of you and G is awesome!

Swannie

Hi POLAR BEAR!, :)

"COOL" Name!!! :cunning: Had a 'wee' problem last night with a bit of health....almost better now. But am feeling well enough to post myself today. I truly Thank my Beautiful "Sis" of my heart for posting for me last night and truly thankful to her for her understanding. I am also thankful the Lord has helped me feel soooo much better today so I can Thank you Polar Bear for your integrity. It must be hard to be so silent about such and extraordinary experience and that you have that strength is so commendable. I give you kudos.

Yes, Gerry is an incredibly awesome man. He is all I ever dreamed he would be and so much more. When I saw him in 1998 as Archie Brown, I fell head over heels in love with this adorable man with the dazzling smile that totally took my heart away!!! Am still falling and will most likely never stop!! Gerry amazes me constantly with his ability to be so kind and funny and giving and his wonderful love of life and everyone in it!! Gerry is a gift from the Lord to love and cherish! :yay: And....I DO! Take care of yourself Polar Bear, you are an awesome man!!!

Gerry's Forever Fan, :wuv:

Joanna

No problem Joanna, I love helping you out because you are always helping other people out with your love and generosity.

Polar Bear....Thank you for posting your picture with Gerry and keeping us posted on the great time you are having. You are so generous with your thoughts about Gerry and the crew. I also want to thank you for your integrity. I can see why they trusted you enough to film at your home. You are very special to take the time to write down the events for us. Bless your heart!

~HUGS~ Kathy

Thank you, Polar Bear for your time and consideration by sharing your story with us here at GALS. I wish you and your lady a long and happy life together! Stop by and see us some time!

Hugs,

Suzie

Hi Polar Bear,

Thanks a lot for posting your experience here !! Its been great to read and I am glad you did get a photo with Gerry. I hope you stay in touch with us all until MGP comes out on general release. BTW I am just wondering if you have seen any of Gerrys other movies? 300, Law Abiding Citizen or? Just out of interest.

I run Gerry movie chats on Ustream,maybe you could come and say hi to us one night. Anyway thanks a lot. I will add you as a friend on site.

cheers. Stuart

Polar Bear,

:welcome: and thank you for sharing your experience with the movie industry and with Gerry and Sam.

As for the picture, I have to admit the first thought I had when I saw it was "Polar Bear would look great in a kilt!" (Many of our Pals are kilt-wearers.)

While you're going through the Post Gerry (movie production) Blues, feel free to gather here on GALS, and introduce yourself to our resident guys, the Pals. (Stuart, above, is our Pal Mod!) They are awesome and a lot of fun to hang around with, and the guys have their own sub-forum here. Of course, it's a given that the gals already like you! :kiss:

:hugs:

Katie