Gerard Butler GALS
polar bear

Hanging with Gerard

Hey polarbear

Thanks for sharing your story. What i wouldnt give to be in your shoes right now lol. I agree with what a PP said, can you imagine getting paid to have Gerry at your house? ok the naughty things that are going through my head right now.... Posted Image

ok im a good girl and must remember that i am married lol.

But anyways, congrats on getting to work with Gerry and Posted Image

Polar Bear,

I just wanted to add my thanks to the long list.....us GALS really appreciate people like you, that see the same beautiful person that we see in Gerry and in turn respect him and his "business". Your pic was terrific....so nice of you to share with us.....you seem like a really genuine nice guy...welcome to GALS and don't be shy.....we are really cool to hang with... :kisswink:

Thanks for the update PB. The pic is great.

I'm glad you figured out how to post it.

I hope you stick around after the shoot is

completed, and I hope you check out some

of Gerry's other work. If you only see one

more of his films let it be Phantom of the

Opera. You think he sings karaoke well,

check out his singing in Phantom. He is

great in all genres: comedy-PS I Love You

and The Ugly Truth. Action- 300, Timeline,

Beowuf & Grendel. Kids-Nim's Island and

How To Train Your Dragon. You can also

check out Reign of Fire, and the list goes

on and on. You can find a complete list on

this site, but please see Phantom.

Yes, I am an absolutely forever fan of

the uniquely remarkable Mr. G. He never

ceases to amaze me and never disappoints

me. I think you will find the same thing is

true for you when you see more of his work.

He is truly dedicated to his craft. Oh, by the

way, did you know he was a lawyer before he

turned to acting? Yes, he is super intelligent

as well as talented.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

Hey Gals. Well, the movie has moved on and left me behind! LOL. I guess they didnt think I was Hollywood material, so they didnt take me with them. After they shot the last scene, the Director and actors came out of my house. My fiancé and I were waiting there for them so we could say goodbye. Gerry came up to us and shot the breeze for a sec, then said, "See ya guys tomorrow." I replied, "you guys are going to be shooting somewhere else tomorrow." Gerry looked at me and said "Wait...what? This is the last day I'm here?? (Then yelled out to the crew) HEY GUYS!!! NO ONE TOLD ME THIS WAS WRAP DAY HERE!" He then turned back to us with kind of a sad look on his face. The three of us were just kind of standing there silent looking at each other. It was kind of funny. Gerard then gave my fiancé a huge hug and shook my hand. He then took a step back and just stood there again. It was like he didnt want to leave. He chatted for a sec more about how much he liked our house and then I told him if he ever wanted to come over for a home cooked dinner when he was in town, then look me up. He said "And yes, I will do that. Definitely." (I have my fingers crossed) And with that, he got in the back of his SUV, rolled the window down and waved goodbye to us as he left my driveway.

All of a sudden, the crew packed up all their gear and got out of dodge. They did it fast too. It took about an hour to get everything packed and loaded on the trucks. Those guys dont mess around. Now I'm just making sure they fix my house up right, clean it good and get everything back to normal. Kind of a weird state I'm in now. It was all over so fast and I'm kind of sad, but at the same time, I'm excited to get back into my house. I guess it'll be cool to have a brand new couch in my living room that the only person that's sat on it before is Gerard Butler. Haha! Thats neat. And when the movie comes out, I'll be really excited.

As for you gals wanting to know what Gerard movies I've seen...well...I bought 300 on bluray right when it came out because that movie is so bad arse. One movie that gets me going every time I see it is Reign of Fire. Love that flick. Also, I didnt know Gerry was in Timeline!!! I've seen that movie a few times a while ago and really liked it. I'll have to watch it again. I really didnt know who Gerard Butler was until 300 came out. So anything pre-300 that I saw, I wouldnt have known he was in it. Funny, huh? I did see Law Abiding Citizen recently. That movie had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. I personally loved when Gerry went off on the Judge in the courtroom in that movie. Great acting right there.

Here's a funny little thing....In the movie they just filmed at my house, they took a huge stack of my DVD's out of my closet and put them on a shelf for props in the movie. Well...they took my 300 BluRay and put that right in front. I'm pretty sure they did that as kind of a "easter egg" for the movie. Like..."hey!!! There's 300!! How funny!" I knew they did that, so right when I was able to go back in my house, I ran up to the movie and checked it to see if Gerry autographed it. Nope. Dawgone it! Hahahahaa! But maybe he will come back over for dinner some day and I'll get him to do it then. My sister made some cookies and chocolate covered strawberry's for him. She wasnt able to come over the final day, so I gave him the sweets and told him they were from my sister. He was so grateful and thankful for them, he got my sisters phone number and called her just to thank her since she couldnt be there. He did tell her that I invited him over for dinner and he was going to come back and visit us. So that makes me think he will. I sure hope so. It would be so cool. Anyhow...my little 4 month old boy just woke from his nap. Gotta go! Talk to ya'll later!!!

What good news...thanks! I'm in a GB drought so any and all news is welcome....sure hope he makes over for dinner....what will you serve.....he loves his potatoes so stock up on those! Or many deep fried Mars bars!! What fun you'll have...thanks again

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Thanks again Polar Bear! Loved the letter! That is so cool! I bet Gerry just shows up on your doorstep some day! You'll have to let us know. I'm so glad you had this wonderful experience and it wasn't the Hollywood story from H**L! Gerry does know how to be a gentleman! Please stick around here. I think you'll see this is a fun place!

Linda

Thanks for sharing Polar Bear ... it's awesome to get the inside story from an unbiased male ... lol

I'm so eager to get any scrap of news about the shooting in South Africa .... Perhaps it'll take place in September when it is Spring and a tab warmer, sunnier and greener :) Longer days and shorter nights too!

:wave:

Polar Bear...

What a wonderful experience for all of you. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. I have a feeling you will see Gerry again...maybe at the premier?

These are the things we look back at and treasure. Take care and, again, thank you for sharing.

Leslie

...he loves his potatoes so stock up on those!

IF I could have Gerry over for dinner and dessert...:cunning: (just kidding, I'd behave myself. Can't control him). Anyways, my family has this potato casserole that is so easy, just three ingredients (red potatoes, shredded parmesan cheese(NOT the grated), and butter). The potatoes get boiled until fork easily pierces through. Cool in refrigerator until you can handle them. Slice and place on bottom of a 2 quart casserole. drizzle melted butter over potatoes (as much/little as desired), then sprinkle with cheese. Keep layering potatoes, butter, and cheese(end with cheese). We usually use 1.5 lb potatoes for up to 6 people. Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes until cheese is melted and golden brown on top. My mom has made it several times, and everyone loves it. Definitely not a diet dish, but goes well with pork, ham, chicken, or beef. I've even made it for a guy I liked.(I won't repeat what he said, but it's probably something Gerry might say). I LOVE potatoes (I am irish after all). I'd probably serve it with baked or grilled chicken, and some veggie (NOT aparagus, :bleh:). Probably make hima chocolate dessert of some kind. I'd be to "nairvous" to eat, just sit and talk and watch him eat.

Polar Bear the story about Gerry calling your sister to thank her for the sweets and mentioning that you invited him for dinner made me swoon (yeah, it doesn't take much when it comes to G). He's such a genuinely good guy. It does sound like he didn't want to leave. LOL Which also shows how comfortable he was with you and your family. Thank you again for sharing your story with us, and that's REALLY funny about having 300 on the shelf in the background. We'll all have to look for it at some point.

Thanks for sharing Polar Bear ... it's awesome to get the inside story from an unbiased male ... lol

I'm so eager to get any scrap of news about the shooting in South Africa .... Perhaps it'll take place in September when it is Spring and a tab warmer, sunnier and greener :) Longer days and shorter nights too!

Mary, did you know that they will be filming MGP in South Africa for the next two months? :) I'm sure you'll get PLENTY of news that you'll be able to share with us! :D

Lisa

How did I miss this thread?! Just adding my voice to the chorus with a belated "Welcome" Polar Bear and thanks again for sharing some of your excellent adventure with us!

Now Sheri....you know you have to come upstairs every once in a while. You never know what you'll find up here in the fresh air! :p

PB, Thanks ever so much for keeping us updated. You and your family are very gracious to give up your home in the first place although I would find it awesome if I was asked for the use of my house in a film! Now if it was a Gerry film ...well than! :yay: I love that he called your sister although I'm not in the least bit surprised. That's the way the man is! Besides...shhhhhhhhhhh ...don't tell anyone but he likes his sweets! Anyway, hope you won't be a stranger. Pop in and say Hi now and then okay? Heck, in case you don't know it yet you are now part of the fanmily!!

:wave: Frannie

Polar Bear ~

What an awesome experience for you & your family! Thank you for sharing a glimpse into Gerry's life on set, showing (as we've seen so many times on interviews and video clips) how wonderfully 'real' and jovial he is. I must say your picture with him is fantastic (0f both of you).

As another 'Michigander', I was hoping to make it downstate from Traverse City to see him on set while he was 'so close', but just wasn't in the cards this time around. Who knows, perhaps they'll have an opening night in our state. Hopefully your house and routine is getting back to 'normal', although perhaps you miss the mini VIP treatment : )

With Gratitude,

Ashley

Polar Bear, like Frannie said, you are now one of the fanmily so stop in often. We will educate you on Gerry's movies. You must see "Attila" and "Beowulf and Grendel". There are plenty more to enjoy! They are all listed on this website.

I want to add my thanks to you for taking the time to tell us your wonderful story. I can see that sad look on Gerry's face when he realized he was leaving. He loves people and has many friends to prove that point. He will add you to his list of friends for sure. You were a great host to Gerry and Company. I hope they do everything they say they will do on your home. Let us know. You are a great guy!

~HUGS~ Kathy

WOW......

I took time before I had to start getting ready for school and sat and read all the awesome posts from all these awesome GALS about the Polar Bear's experience with our G-Man. Yes, I am in total agreement about what an incredible man Gerry is. He is all I ever dreamed he was and more. How can one man be so incredibly wonderful in so many ways is a testament to the handiwork of an awesome Lord. That Gerry is one gorgeously incredible man in all ways. No wonder he stole my heart so long ago. Thank You all for all the wonderful comments that filled my heart with such happiness. I am so glad I TOOK the time to sit and read each and every one of the posts. I can't do that verra often anymore. Our Gerry is an incredible man and I still love him as I always have and even more than I ever thought possible. I hope for Polar Bear that Gerry does come for a dinner someday...he certainly deserves it. Gerry is a super sweetheart of a guy!!!

Gerry makes people feel good and he inspires them. He inspires me to make beautiful art work and give of myself more. I have made some baby blankets and donated them to the local hospitals and am thinking about making some blankets and sending them to shelters for abused women and their families, especially for the children. I am going to be living in Palm Springs for a few months after the new year and will be doing afghans for the time I am there. So, I will have baby afghans and child sized afghans to donate to any place that may want them. Gerry makes me feel like I can do something to help anyone that needs the help. The man is an inspiration on two feet!!! And OMGerry, what feet!!! The man is the most beautiful man I have had the pleasure to watch and love in forever!!!! :wuv:

Just a few thoughts from my heart......

Love to my GALS, :wuv:

AOG Jo

Gerry is amazing

Polar bear is amazing

This entire thread is just full of awesome! !! ! !!

Thank for sharing this incredible story! Enjoy this unique experience! that is simply all you need to do

Please tell Gerry if you happen to talk to him again that we said hello and that we went crazy for this story and can't wait for the movie, that we know he always will do his best and that is why we love him!

Thanks again!

Thanks, Polar Bear, for your update.

How did your sister know that Gerry

LOVES strawberries? AND chocolate

covered would have to be a dream

come true for him. His two favorite

things together.

By the way, Gerry is Marek in Timeline.

If you recognize him in Timeline you will

recognize him in Reign of Fire. He gets

to use his own accent in both so he is

easy to recognize. I still hope you will

check out Phantom of the Opera. I

think you will really see the true Gerry

in the Phantom. This is the role so

many of us came to love him in because

it is so honest and his spirit shows thru.

He said it nearly killed him making it

because he felt the Phantom's pain

so acutely.

Please try to see it and come back to

us and tell us if this isn't the true Gerry.

Thanks for all your input and give that

little boy of yours a kiss for me.

I'll just bet Gerry invites you three

to the premier.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

Hey gals. I figure since I'm part of the family I can tell you my name. My name is kyle and my fiancé's name is christy. I have a ton more stuff to tell everyone, but not until the movie comes out. There are scenes that I technically am a part of, even though I'm not in the movie. Can't give any spoilers away, but there is a bunch of stuff I'm going to post up after everybody has a chance to see the movie in a year or so when it comes out. Behind the scenes stuff that happened with me during certain parts of the movie kind of thing. Also, I'll put some more pics up of the set and such after the movie is out. Before and after kind of thing. I do plan on sticking around here just so everyone knows.

Kyle! :D You ARE a part of this FANmily now, and we are so glad you're here to share with us. I have an idea, and it's something I've done in the past. Since you can't share some of the details with us for another year or so, think about typing or writing everything down now so you don't forget things. Not that you would EVER forget this extraordinary experience, but you know over time details disappear. It's just a suggestion from someone who has a horrible memory. :lol:

Thanks for not wanting to spoil anything for us. I'm really looking forward to this movie and now even more to your adding little details and stories to make it more real for us.

When is your wedding, by the way? Perhaps share some more info about you so we can get to know you better. :)

Thanks again for being such a great PAL!

Lisa

Thanks PB... I mean Kyle. We are very glad you have decided to stick around and share your life and this experience with us.

I recommend Dear Frankie and The Jury for some of Gerry's best performances thus far. We all anticipate MGP will be added to the list of "bests" and will forever brag that OUR Polar Bear was there. :kisswink:

Kyle, I'm so glad you have decided to stick around and become part of the fanmily. Posted Image

So what does Christy make of all of this?

hugs,

Sue

It's great to have a real name now instead of just calling you Polar Bear/PB. I'm so excited that got a taste of Hollywood right in your own house. I can't imagine how surreal it will be to see your house on the big screen. I wish you and your fiance have a wonderful and happy life together. :wave:

Thank you Kyle. I'm looking forward to reading all about your experiences and seeing your photographs.