Gerard Butler GALS

7/31 - Untitled Comedy goes to Virgin Produced!

Paisleyscot

"We’re one step closer to seeing that massive comedy collaboration with Richard Gere, Anton Yelchin, Gerard Butler, Naomi Watts, Hugh Jackman, Kate Winslet, Anna Faris, Johnny Knoxville, Julianne Moore, Liev Schreiber, Elizabeth Banks, Kristen Bell, Kate Bosworth, Josh Duhamel, Justin Long, Seann William Scott, Emma Stone, Jack McBrayer, Chloe Moretz, Christopher Mintz-Plasse and Uma Thurman. As reported by Deadline, the untitled comedy now belongs to Richard Branson’s latest business endeavor, the new production company Virgin Produced".

Read entire atricle HERE.

Source ~ Shaockya.com

Thanks for the info, Cheryl. I'm really looking forward to this one. I can't wait to see Gerry being a filthy mouthed leprechaun. :lol:

Lisa

Thanks for the info, Cheryl. I'm really looking forward to this one. I can't wait to see Gerry being a filthy mouthed leprechaun. :lol:

Lisa

[/quote

Leprechaun ? Good grief the man is 6'3" that ought to be interesting. But now he could really put a delightful twist to some mighty foul language]

unlike delene earlier wrote, i think this will roll off gerrys tongue so easily. he swears already with great ease, which i personally think is great and it doesnt upset me in the least, so this role is brilliant for him to portray. he does look really strange in it, but it is funny considering he is 6'2".

I remember when the Leprechaun pic of him was leaked... So hilarious. He just looks like he's tickled pink to be in the costume! :D

This movie should be hilarious. I'm sure it'll be frustrating to go see him in theatres in such a small role. More Gerry, more Gerry, more Gerry!!

Steph

Edited by AbandonThought

What an opportunity for him to work with a 'cast of thousands' of other talented actors! Yes, I do believe he is relishing being in the role of a leprechaun Posted Image ...but is he going to be 'shrunk' to size or will he be all of his mighty 6'2"...(just like Will Ferrell in Elf??)

Milly x

unlike delene earlier wrote, i think this will roll off gerrys tongue so easily. he swears already with great ease, which i personally think is great and it doesnt upset me in the least, so this role is brilliant for him to portray. he does look really strange in it, but it is funny considering he is 6'2".

I agree this part is a perfect fit for Gerry! Another movie with Gerry - awesome! :wuv:

:doh::bonk::wall::killcomp::humph::angelnot::curse::gah::lmao::rotflmao::goodevil::bandwagon::sarcasm::snort:

Delene

What an opportunity for him to work with a 'cast of thousands' of other talented actors! Yes, I do believe he is relishing being in the role of a leprechaun Posted Image ...but is he going to be 'shrunk' to size or will he be all of his mighty 6'2"...(just like Will Ferrell in Elf??)

Milly x

Hey Milly- that pic in your siggy is a manip, isn't it? Just checking!

Steph

Thanks for the update for this ol' lady!!

I am sooooo far behind on 'stuff', I feel like I am a catcher in the out out field with the sun in my eyes and no sun glasses!!!!!!! I am also looking forward to this movie collaboration as well. Gerry loves doing movies that make people laugh, and he is so day--am cute when he does comedy. BUT.....I love him in any movie he makes, so I am not a one to choose any specific movie for him. I want to see him in all and any movie he can get his gorgeous hands on!!!

AOG Joanna

• 4 weeks later...

It's so refreshing to see Gerry in a comedic role, since he's a natural anyway. Someone else that would have been an (almost) equally hilarious addition would have been Gerry's buddy, Craig Ferguson! He's a hoot!

:crack:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I've found some "official info" released by Sir Richard Branson's "Virgin Group.":

...In addition to developing and producing original films, it is anticipated that Virgin will co-produce two to three motion pictures a year with Relativity/Rogue, which allows the studio to utilize Virgin's marketing capabilities to reach millions of consumers within the Virgin and Rogue target audience. The first film is Peter Farrelly's Movie 43.

Despite getting the info directly from Virgin, I can't seem to find anything else referring to the project as "Movie 43." In fact, as recently as 10/17, Deadline.com is still referring to it as, "...the untitled Kentucky Fried Movie-style R-rated raunchy $8 million budget comedy that continues to expand its all-star cast of actors and filmmakers..." See the excerpt below:

Branson's Virgin Produced banner got off the tarmac with the untitled Kentucky Fried Movie-style R-rated raunchy $8 million budget comedy that continues to expand its all-star cast of actors and filmmakers. The pic, produced by Peter Farrelly, Charlie Wessler and John Penotti, is nearly done with its 18 segments. Farrelly (who already directed a segment with Hugh Jackman and Kate Winslet that will be long remembered, trust me) has just signed on for a second, Truth Or Dare, that will star Halle Berry and Stephen Merchant. Beyond the just-mentioned thesps, here's the cast: Elizabeth Banks, Kristen Bell, Jimmy Bennett, Leslie Bibb, Kate Bosworth, Katrina Bowden, Gerard Butler, Bobby Cannavale, Kieran Culkin, Josh Duhamel, Anna Faris, Richard Gere, John Hodgman, Terrence Howard, Johnny Knoxville, Justin Long, Aasif Mandvi, Jack McBrayer, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Julianne Moore, Chloe Moretz, Chris Pratt, Liev Schreiber, Seann William Scott, Tony Shalhoub, JB Smoove, Emma Stone, Jason Sudeikis, Uma Thurman, Matt Walsh, Patrick Warburton, Naomi Watts and Anton Yelchin.

:confused: Guess we'll have to continue to wait. :)