Gerard Butler GALS
givemeabeach

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

Oh Andrea, it must be awful for you. I can see why you would really need a Gerry happy place. Me, I watch Tomb Raider II because I just love that Terry Sheridan look. Yumm!!!Posted Image However, it seems you are certainly trying for the positive and the high road, although sometimes a bit rough, is always the best. Glad you are here and can chat to us and let off some frustration and steam.

I must admit, I have a lovely story for you. Two days ago a Southern Right Whale gave birth off the beach about 800 meters from where we live. She and her calf, another female and a few pod members have been in the bay for the past few days and just about an hour ago, we were watching them from the rocks. The mother, calf and other female came to within 15 meters of us. Just a wonderful feeling to see such big serene animals slowly swimming past. They are quite majestic. And who forgot her camera *Duh*.

Suzie, Gerry happy places, what a wonderful place to be when things go awry. As I said, either TR2 or lately, LAC are my faves.

Hugs to all and keep well

Cat

Cat that sounds so,so cool.(the whales)I've always wanted to see whales.I love the sea. I just like watching nature in general.Here,we have a forest in front of the house,a near forest(the owner cut it all down a few years ago and it's growing back) to our left,trees to the right and a pasture full of horses and hills upon hills behind us.I don't stay out doors a whole lot right now because it's been so hot and the misquitos are so bad,but I often sit and watch the hummingbirds when the boys are playing outside and we all stand and watch the butterflies all over the flox outside the living room window.And during the Spring we discovered we have quite a diverse eco-system.We've had bobcats(saw the tracks),foxes,raccoons,opossum,all sorts of birds,bugs,butterflies etc...And they've seen the horses.And I taught them how to garden and dig up worms.It's a good learning experience for the boys.Not to mention as an adult...I find it quite calming.

Regarding happy places....my 2 go-tos are the first 2 movies I ever saw.P.S.I Love You and I fastforward through the sad parts or 300.Except the first one is more of a happy place type movie and the later is my encouraging movie lol. But I love all the rest as well.I just don't own a few of them yet.

Things have been really,really,really,really,really,really stressful the last 2 days(more so than the last...week?) He's really digging himself a hole legally.He's such a mess and causes alot of confusion with the kids with his crying.(yes I said crying).I will manage but please pray for my boys.It's hard for me to explain things to them.

Hi! Everyone! :wave:

I was just wondering if you voted for GALS today?

Posted Image

Gimme a "G"

G

Gimme a "A"

A

Gimme a "L"

L

Gimme a "S"

S

What's that spell?

GALS!!!

Now let's get going and vote for this GREAT site!!!

Posted Image

I voted! Thanks for the reminder....

And Andrea, I do remember those boys, daily, but dearie, I'm remembering you too. Find that happy place, keep letting the lawyers know he done it again, offer it all up, and TAKE CARE OF YOU. I like the sound of your little forest glen there....just the place for you to recharge and thrive.

Oceans, beach, retirement, AND WHALES???? Cat doll, you have found paradise on Earth, aren't you? Lucky, lovely lady.

Have a wonderful evening, ladies.

JIll

Thankyou Jill.I do need to take care of me,I'm not afraid to admit to ya'll.I'm starting to wear a little thin.There's alot going on that i don't want to post on here.

My little glen would be alot better if it'd rain! And get cooler.I'm desperately looking forward to Autumn,then i can sit outside all afternoon again.

Dear Andrea, I'm so sorry that you have so much to deal with. Having sick little boys and an idiot for an ex husband must be a nightmare. I will keep praying for God to give you the strength and the grace you need. As Jill said make sure that you take care of yourself too. Your boys need you.

Jill, how was the first week of school?

My three boys will be arriving tonight (they were suppose to come last night but something came up and so it is tonight instead). They will be here to keep grandma busy this weekend so she doesn't have time to think and dwell on the things that happened a year ago this weekend. I don't know if they will be successful in that but I always look forward to seeing them. This will be the first time they have seen Bonnie's wee brother Butler so that should be interesting.

hugs,

Sue

:hello: Haven't been here in a while because I've been laid up <:gutter:> with that pesky GALS disease. :sick::sick2: Mom (who's 83) diagnosed it right away because, as she says, "I'm smitten". :thankyou: Mom!

Sink the boat....ride the Phantom? Wish I'd thought of that! :doh:

:hugs:

:wave: FCT! I'm Sue and it is very nice to meet you. Stick around and grab a Posted Image. :butterfingergif:

:wave: FCT! I'm Sue and it is very nice to meet you. Stick around and grab a Posted Image. :butterfingergif:

Jill, Sue, Posted Image Yep, Cat has found her haven and is loving it. Finally!!!. Worked hard for it for many years. I have taken some photo's but have to upload of the new house to photobucket in the next day or so and will post them if you are interested. Currently finding time to write each day so the book is finally getting a good edit (it needed it). Still writing short stories too so having heaps of fun.

Found some photos so there they are:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Andrea, your forrest haven sounds wonderful. Before we moved here to the coast we lived in Canberra, which is called the "bush capital" because it is located in the mountains and in the middle of the bush. So I do understand the peace of the forest. Yesterday my hubby and I drove down the coast and took a tourist drive off the main road - a dirt track through national forest. It is so wonderful to hear the peace, the birds and the wind in the trees. Yes, I guess you would suffer with your wonderful children when their father is not emotionally stable. Just as well they have a wonderful Mum in their lives to keep things on an even keel.

FCT - Hello. Nice to meet you. Having GALS is such a delightful illness isn't it.

Hope you all have a nice weekend with family and friends.

Hugs

Cat

Edited by Terry's Witch

Oh CAT! That is just amazing....hard work and planning really have brought you your own little haven. Amazing.

FCT!!! Happy to see you here! Come back lots and get to know people!

Andrea, you are just close close close to my heart, every day.

First week of school? Not as much fun as having your 3 boys, Sue, but almost as exhausting, I'll bet. My morning class has 30 (ok, not bad, but big) and the afternoon class has 39 and GROWING by the second! No end in sight. So I asked the boss (principal) down to do a thing -- and he had to walk across the room -- and he tripped over 4 backpacks.... I now have enough desks for all the little bodies!

Never ever assume a GAL can't find an unexpected way 'round! :cunning:

Edited by auntm

Auntm - strange how a little backpack trip can change your world. Very clever of you Posted Image

Caught a cold from a lady at the auto registry when we were changing over state registration. Now feeling heady and with an awful runny nose. Thank goodness for cold and flu tablets - otherwise there would be a red nose added to the whole mess LOL.

Cat

Rather than repeat everything that has just been said, I just want to say that what they said,

goes for "me, too." My heart is with all of you who are having hard times of one kind or another,

and for those of you beginning another schoolyear-I pray it goes well.

We had a wonderful weekend here in Oregon, very mild temps and great for the county fair! It can

be so blessed hot on that cement in HOT sun. We have been so lucky with mild weather this summer.

Take care and hugs to all,

Judy

Don't have the energy to post alot right now. I will say this...last night IT RAINED!!!!!!!!!! We haven't had a really legit rain in weeks.It thundered and lightened and knocked out the power for a good while,but frankly we didn't care because it rained.So relieved.

Thankyou all for your prayers.I'm feeling alot better.Still emotionally and mentally tired.But I have to get over it because I have another long legal week coming up.And my baby will be 3 on Saturday.We went to Mo. and celebrated with his great-grandparents yesterday.Posted pics on my fb.

Those who are also going through a rough time.YOU are in MY prayers as well. Love and hugs to all.

:wave: everyone! I hope you all had a good weekend. I just got home from the dentist's office a few minutes ago. I had to get a filling. Now I'm waiting for the feeling to return to half of my face! :spit:

Cat, those are great pictures!

Hugs to all!

:wave: Hi dear friends!

I haven't been on much lately but wanted to pop in and say hi to all. I have been babysitting my 5 mo old granddaughter for my daughter now since baby girl was 3 months old. My grandbabies are the joy of my life. :wuv: I drive over to her house Mon-Thurs. I forget how much energy and time is devoted to keeping a baby so most of the time I am too tired when I get home to post much but I still like to pop in and read what the GALS and Gerry are up to. So I am around though you don't see me much. LOL. :seeyou:

Elissa, I feel your pain literally I just had a drilling out an old filling (ow!) and temporary crown done last week for a broken tooth. Hope you are doing well with it now.

Hugs to my galfriends who are hurting and prayers to galfriends who need them. :hearts:

Till later,

Diane

I'm on cloud nine!!!! :) I received my test scores from where I took the early Childhood Exam in July yesterday morning and I passed!!!! This morning I logged on to a school system site and what do you know there's a Pre-K position that was just posted yesterday!!!!! I applied of course! I'll keep you posted!!!!

:hugs:

April

Posted Image April....I so hope you get the job sweetie. I will be saying a prayer for you.

Diane, life is good when we are surrounded by our grandbabies! We miss you...but I sure understand.

I'm trying this as an experiment. I've never uploaded a video into my photobucket before and than tried posting it here ...so I want to see if this works. If it does this is B2 and his daddy coming down the water slides (Backwards...lol) while they were at Myrtle Beach a few weeks ago.

http://s33.photobuck...nt=IMG_0067.mp4

hummmm...well, it won't change into a thumbnail obviously....drats

hugs,

Sue

Oh goodness! Sue! That is soooo sooo funny!

Jill

That is just great! I'll bet B2 had a ball. So clever of Bryan to go down backwards so he'd be in a perfect place to catch B2 if he got in trouble. What a great daddy! Who knew B2 would copy him. LOL! Too cute!

Suzie

I loved the big high 5 between them in the end. What a great little moment. Thanks for sharing that Mizzz Sue!

Love to you all! Keep cool any way you can!

Jill

Sue, that was very cute--B2 is such a cutie-pie!!

Ladies, my computer monitor pooped out and to make a long story short, I came nome with a 24 inch

monitor and EVERYTHING is HUGE!! It is going to take some getting used to, but I think I will like

it! Guess I won't have to worry about eyestrain, which is probably a good thing!!

Hugs to all,

Judy

Hello delightful GALS,

Oh the video is toooo cute. What a Dad and what a cutie B2 is.

April - Well done on the results. I will keep my fingers, toes, (I was going to say eyes, but then I might trip up on things), and anything else useful regarding the job. Good Luck.

Judy, I have an iMac which is a computer in a huge screen. Love the size and what you can see sooooo clearly without glasses.

Hi Jill and Suzie.

I'm on the road for a few days on our way to Melbourne for the World Speculative Fiction Writers Conference over the next weekend. Lots of interesting stuff to do, interesting writers to meet, lots of workshops and on Friday night the Australian Horror Writers Annual Ball - full dress-up. I've got my POTO outfit with me, cape and all but Michael (hubby) wants us to go as ghouls. So, the photo's should get interesting and we will have to see what we will really wear.LOL.

Yes, it was hard to leave the house. It's all but fully set up and the weather is improving and my pool is calling. But then, I love writing and this is a golden opportunity to go to a WorldCon which only comes to Australia about every 10 or 12 years.

Hope you are all having fun,

Hugs

Cat