Gerard Butler GALS
givemeabeach

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

Dear Susan,

My heart goes out to you cause I have been in just that situation and I know that deflated, defeated shock that first hits you when you look around and realize you have to clean out the office that has been your home-away-from-home for so long. I was on the job for 15 years--hardly ever missed a day of work, worked when I needed to be home, did tons of OT, etc. In my case, though, I knew what they were up to and I requested retirement before they could let me go. Like you, Paula, it was the best thing I ever did, too. I am now a babysitter for my precious 5 month old granddaughter and it's the most fulfilling work I could do. LOL.

Susan, be ready for the way you may be treated on your last day. Sometimes it is not all best wishes and roses. Mine was "you don't need to come back and finish out your last few days and aren't you packed up and cleaned out yet?" They reluctantly offered me "Do you want a going-away party?" Well, he-- yes, after 15 years of dedication to my job, you bet your bippy I did. LOL. I made them go through with it there at work as my last little act of goodbye. My real friends--former coworkers loved an excuse for a party anyway. Not to say you will be treated like I was, just a heads up, ya know?

Best wishes and I know you will be successful especially with what you do best -- your charity/volunteer work. You are the best.

Hugs

Diane

Edited by Shamrocked

Susan, I am so very sorry to hear about the end of your much loved job. As a mortgage banker, I hate to think about how often that happened to me. I happened to be in the last bank I worked recently (I had "retired" six years ago). One of my former co-workers came up to me in the lobby and told me how much I was missed. I had a reputation for getting the job done correctly, on time and without an attitude. That was not the case with those who replaced me. (See snarky gleam in my eye!) Like you, I went in when I wasn't feeling at my best and put in unpaid hours, just to get the job done because customers were depending on me.

Unlike you, I was at an age where I could retire and have enjoyed my free time. I know you are much too young and energetic to want to do that, so I wish you everything wonderful in your quest for the next great mountain to scale. You will do brilliantly at whatever goals you set for yourself, because you are just that kind of GAL!

Suzie

Just got to do a fast read and I am so sorry Susan to hear about your job!!

That is Bull $&^t all the way! Hell, you didn't even get as much as thrown in the back of the closet like an old pair of comfy shoes... To just let you go like that has got to be devastating. I know things are bad and business are going under and down sizing but in your case it sounds like what you said...you were too good at what you do!! Who knows....things happen for a reason. Maybe there is something much greater out there for you my friend! I'll be thinking positive thoughts for you Hun!

A quick :wave: to all my Galfriends. I know I don't get here much to post but I do check in and scan now and then!

:kiss: Frannie

Mousie - hi, just want to say my 14 year old black & white kitty's name is Mouse, but I've called him Mousie or Baby Mousie for so long that his whiskers stick straight out and he gets all mushy!

How adorable! Yeah, I came by my nickname when my Girl Scout leader called me a "quiet mouse". Of course she spelled it "quite mouse". She wasn't a very good speller, lol.

Just wanted to pop in and say hi really quick.I'm too tired to write anything really interesting.I feel I've already failed with emails I replied to and fb lol But i am really tired.I'll probably crash here shortly.Just wanted to say "hi". I've had a busy weekend.I took my boys to an airshow Saturday(photos on my fb) They had a blast,I pushed a double stroller a really,really long way on rough terrain.Then they had haircuts,then we had church today and errands to run afterward.So I am plum worn out. Anyway.Hi ya'll! Hope you are all well. I'll write tomorrow when I've had sleep.lol goodnight.

My parents divorced when I was a baby. Both of them remarried and my step-father adopted me. I haven't seen or heard from my birth father since I was 3 year old. Tonight I found a possible half-sister on Facebook. Although I fear rejection, with the encouragement of my husband and daughter, I sent her a message. Please pray for me. Somehow I feel even more connected to Erik tonight. :erik:

I will pray for you Elissa.A various times in my life I have identified with Erik too.I hope it all goes well.

Oh Elissa, I'm here and I'm praying sweetie.

hugs,

Sue

Oh Elissa....

You are so deeply in my thoughts. I pray that in reaching out, there is a positive experience waiting for you there --- just over the horizon in the message or phone call. With all my love,

Jill

and Erik is always the one I see and turn to when I feel alone and abandoned. May that creative spirit continue to speak to you as this develops....

:phantom:

You know, maybe it's smth. in the air for a friend of mine found me in the Internet today. She says she's been searching for me all this time and no one could tell her anything about me... Oh, God... We haven't seen each other for more than 6 years! But still, it's nice to know that there are people who still want to be my friends though so many years have passed.

A good day to restore old and to build new bridges  ;) Good luck with that, Elissa!  :)  

Hugs. :kiss:

You know I am praying for a successful outcome, Elissa. What exciting news! I found a long-lost niece recently and while she did acknowledge my first contact, she hasn't answered any subsequent notes. Sometimes they just don't care. Many years ago, I found two long-lost half brothers (or rather, they found us)and they were wonderfully welcoming. They weren't really long lost - we never knew they existed! What a shock! But you just never know how someone will react. I pray you will have a very happy outcome to your quest!

:thankyou: for all the prayers and good wishes. So far, my possible half-sister hasn't responded to my message, but at least I made the effort. She probably has no idea that her father was married before he married her mother. I might not respond either if I got a message out of the blue from a stranger claiming to be family.

Elissa, you can add me to your list--I will be praying and sending good thoughts that

she will answer your email. It would be a shock, but I would hope she would want to

check into it after receiving your message.

Hugs to all,

Judy

Thanks, Judy. I still haven't heard anything from her, but not everyone is as glued to their computers as I am, and they don't check facebook everyday. If I were in her place, I'd do some investigating of my own before replying too. I gave her my parents' names, the years of their marriage and divorce, my name as it was recorded on my Baptismal certificate, and the names of my Godparents, and the name of the Church where I was baptized, so she may be checking into it, or she may decided to ignore me. The choice is hers.

Yes, it's her choice --- but, oh what she would miss knowing you if she hesitates, Elissa.

I came home tonight to a surprise! Door kicked in and open (now this is a HUGE heavy oak door -- so the wood was thrashed). :fook: ORiginally I figured that they'd been spooked and left or something even though the door was open...I ran down to check out the computer (it was there)...all the electronics, fine. All the jewelry, fine....so I was really thinking that they hadn't even gotten in...but the bathroom light was on (odd) and the side door was open to the outside. (Car and purse with cards and checks were with me....) so I called RPD thinking no probs, they got scared off or something.

A really nice (but painfully young) officer came by, looked at the splintered up door, decided it really was a kick in, I showed him all the stuff around that was all fine (my meds, a can of coins that I'd been separating --- HUGE)....china, silver, computer in place,... etc. He was with me that he couldn't tell if they'd been in or not. Called his partner and there was another one just down the road --- called to ask if it was a kick in too. It was....so he marked me down as vandalism since we couldn't find anything gone and went on his way. Called me about 15 minutes later to ask if I'd checked my sock drawer or whatever for any stashed cash. Told him I didn't keep anything like that there at all --- ever. He was shocked to hear that....asked me twice more...and rang off.

by that time the lock guy was here fixing the deadbolt and the lock plate....

officer stopped by on their way out about an hour later to check on me and the lock guy one more time. And that was the time we found that the garage door was also jimmied open and standing open -- although still locked! Asked again if I had found anything. said no -- but told him I was beginning to think they had made it to the bathroom -- but all they found there was an overflowing garbage can and very dirty laundry all over the floor. :nanana: He laughed.

When I came out with I didn't know whether to be angry about being broken in to or offended that they didn't like my stuff well enough to steal it, he let out this big belly laugh and said if I was telling one-liners I was going to be fine. He asked the lock guy how I was doing and he said I was grading papers at breakneck speed. The officer suggested I go do some time on the treadmill when they got gone...and dang, but that hit the spot! :workout:

Now I'm tired, typed out, and ready to try to settle down to bed...but I bet I'm up again soon === but that adrenalin rush did get used up on the dirty laundry, dumping the garbage, kitchen and dishwasher, grading, the treadmill ---- goodness I've had a wild couple of hours here!!!! :whiteflag:

Sorry to be so long. I think the adrenaline hasn't fully run down! :streaker:

Love to you all!

Jill

Oh, Jill! What a horrifying thing to come home to! I'm so thankful you weren't there when the thugs broke in! Amazing that they didn't take anything, like you say, either they were scared off by something or it they weren't interested in burglary, but vandalism. Did the police take any fingerprints or anything? :hug:

Jill, I haven't responded to your email yet but I read it last night and for the first time I was running around checking all my doors and locks! I can just see you now ... coming home to that. Oh hon, I'm so sorry. We have a neighborhood watch up here and they sent out an email to all of us a few weeks ago saying that there had been several break ins recently here in Redding. Who would have thought my girlfriend would end up making the list! :tantrum:

Oh, Jill! What a mess! I too live alone and would have been terrified to stay home by myself! I'll bet they were looking for drugs if they had been in the bathroom. They would be disappointed looking for drugs in my house too unless they are going through menopause! Stay safe, my friend. You are a pretty tough cookie, and I know you'll be fine. Maybe you need a blow up Gerry to protect you!

Love you, Suzie

Oh goodness Jill!I would've been totally freaked out.I'm glad you are ok and weren't home and that they didn't take anything. BIG HUGS

Not a whole lot going on here,just keeping up with the kids and their school stuff.I applied to college this week,we'll see how that goes.I figured out this last week that I have a milk allergy...yay me. I took myself off of milk products and my sinuses and ears which have been bothering me are starting to feel a whole heck of alot better.But it's hard to avoid milk products.I have soymilk now :)

Andrea, glad to hear that going off dairy is helping. Do whatever it takes to stay well and healthy. You have too many little guys that need you to not be stuffy and plugged up (but dang, ice cream!).

Thanks and blessing to you all for the kind thoughts and prayers. Sue, Elissa, Suzie, Andrea, you are the best. Thank you for knowing just how weird it is.

It is a comfort to come here.....always. And a blessing to find you all.

Well the police think it was "kids" afoot (that's why no stuff taken) and they were looking for money. None of the 3 houses had any of their meds taken...and there were plenty (I hadn't thought of my menopause meds, but THAT could have given them a new perspective, huh, Suzie? Would have served the pinheads right!)....they think it was all about cash since all 3 houses had sizable coin cans (or whatever you call it) and none were taken or even moved. And since nothing pawnable was taken, they are thinking 15 - 17 ish....someone that couldn't take anything in for cash, or had no ID. However, the police said that whoever kicked in this oak door had one sore knee this AM.

But once again I find that people are good. The officer was kindness and common sense itself. (no fingerprints...since nothing stolen - written up as vandalism...and the rough wood around the door frame wouldn't have kept a print -nor the gate they would have had to come through). And we had no idea of where to even look for prints since we couldn't tell if they were in here. However, at the beginning of last night I was positive in my mind they hadn't even come in. By the time I went to bed I was equally sure they probably had... so, who knows. The lock man came on over time, talked me through what we needed to do last night and the longer picture. He stayed until all of my questions were fully answered and as he left he asked me to tell him the things I planned to do to fill the evening. What a nice guy.

Despite it all, I find people to just be so good to each other in times of need. And I feel a need to pass it along as much as I can.

Ok. Back on that treadmill. It worked so well last night, I'm going to have a second go at it.

Thanks for all the well wishes. I'm doing fine -- although I was tired by this afternoon and ready for the day to be over long before the last bell rang.

But you could just as easily blame that on Wednesdays!!!

Love you all. Jill

Edited by auntm

Hello to All,

Jill, so sorry for your very unpleasant experience--it must feel so awful to have your home violated. Hard

to believe they didn't take anything or do any damage--well, they did to the doors. It is times like these

I am glad we have our two barking burglar alarms. (I do mean pesky barking fur babies.) It does us all good

to know how people still help each other as well as look out for one another when something like this happens.

I do admire you for being brave--I would be so freaked out!

Hugs,

Judy

Jill that is so scary, but you are handling it with such good humor. I'm glad that nothing was taken and it was probably just kids.

Elissa - you will be in my thoughts as you wait to hopefully hear from your half sister. I think I'm the bad half-sister in my family. It has been 4 years since I found out about my birth family and I am so bad about staying in touch wih any of them.

I am now officially unemployed, though thankfully getting paid for 3 more months. Tomorrow night I leave for Florida for my final Summer of Love weekend with 3 Adam concerts. Next Saturday I get to see Muse with 5 of my friends which will be awesome. Then I have to really start looking for a job. Hmmm... Gerry gets back to the states around the time I start looking, wonder if he needs an accountant, or something......

Well, it's been forever since I've posted... Life got hectic and it just calmed down a bit. Lets see, where do I start?

Brayan started Preschool a couple of weeks ago. He loves it and is learning about circles, lines, and the color red. He's caught up with kids his age which is amazing considering 3 years ago he weighed 2 lbs 7 oz. :wuv:

I graduated and passed boards. I'm an RN now. :pointy: I just got an 'as needed' position as an independant contractor giving flu shots and workplace screenings. I'm still looking for a more permanent full-time position, but it's something! I've applied for over 120 jobs to date.

Dan. I met Dan on a book forum a just after Vegas 2 years ago. We met the following August and he moved to Iowa from Washington and we are happier than I could ever have imagined. We're planning on getting married on 07/09/11. We're having a 'Phantom' wedding with lots of red and black (no white, thanks) and the reception will be a masquerade ball. He's all in. :wuv: Never would have imagined the kind of man who would consent to such a thing. ;) I'm so lucky to have finally found someone who treats me with such love and respect.

In January he was awarded full custody of his 3 children. His ex wife was doing drugs and neglecting them badly. They all needed dental surgery for extensive cavities and decay of their teeth. Dan has gotten them all fixed up and is a wonderful father, and Brayan loves him too. Andrew is 11 and Brett and Cassie are 7 year old twins. They're great kids and get along *pretty* well with the crazy toddler that is Brayan.

Well, I hope to be around more these days. If I could figure out how to make the forum load right on my mobile, we'd be set!!! I've missed you guys so much. Keeping up on Facebook and Twitter just arent the same. *big hugs all around*

Edited by Lish

LISH!!! Congratulations! What a wonderful thing to know can happy...all the best.

Susan, I am sorry that it is all officially over -- however, here begins the next chapter. Have a wonderful trip to Florida and then come back home and convince some really great nonprofit that YOU are the accountant of their dreams....or--- maybe, what do you think about taking on Vegas! Hmmmm accounting or Ocean's Eleven???? either one...

Lots of love to all....have fun this weekend.

Jill

Just popping in here to say that it's been a long time since I've seen the "viewers" to the board over two hundred, especially with Gerry laying low! Makes me wonder what happened that caused the spike!

That's it. Hope all is well with everyone!

Delene

PS, just noticed it's dropped back to 57! What the heck is going on?

Edited by GBPhanatic