Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

That is interesting Delene.

Not much to say for me,I've been doing Native beadwork all afternoon.Taking a break right now.

Attended a soccer game with my ex,all my ex-in-laws(his mom,step-mom and dad) and his mistress...It was interesting and kind of uncomfortable.But I was nice :)

And my kids gave me something.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, GALS! It's been ages since I've shown my face in this neck of the woods.

I just wanted to pop in and say hi. My roommates and I watched P.S. I Love You last night and it was WONDERFUL! I had forgotten how much I loved that movie!! But Gerry is still as beautiful as ever, of course!!!

I hope you all are well.

Oh, and Sporran, if you wind up as Gerry's accountant I will die of happiness! Because, hey, stranger things have happened, right? Right!?

Love you all!!

--Amber

Susan- Thank you for the words of encouragement. So far, I've had no word from my possible half-sister. I really don't expect anything from her other than to confirm that her father and my father are the same man. Their names are the same, and the place and date of her birth makes sense. I'm sorry your job has ended. I hope you find the perfect job soon. Gerry's accountant sounds good to me! Of course, if I were his accountant, I'd have his books in a big mess in a hurry! Math isn't my strong suit. Now, if he needs a dog-walker, I'm his gal! :p

Lish and Madame Angel- Great to see you here again!

I had a really nice surprise at work today. We have "birthday secret pals", and my birthday was in August. Unfortunately, my secret pal was on leave of absence recovering from surgery at that time. She just returned to work last week, and today was our first day to work together. She surprised me with a party complete with balloons, cake, and a pot-luck lunch. The cake was made especially for me and was verra special.

Here's a picture of the cake:

Posted Image

This one was my piece:

Posted Image

:wave: Hugs to all!

:omg: Elissa, that was a perfect cake. How could you stand to slice it? LOL. I bet your co-workers loved it too! Happy much belated birthday! I know that was worth waiting for!

Wishing you the best of luck in your job search, Susan. Hope you find something soon.

Hi Amber! LOL, it appears you and I think along the same lines for a siggy. How could we lose with the subject, right? :pointy:

Delene, one night I popped in and I could not believe my eyes--I was the only member with zero guests! Whaaat?? :faint:

Diane

Posted Image my sistars!

Susan, I hope you're having a wonderful time and enjoying every minute of your final Adam concerts. I just know you are going to get a great job!

Elissa, Oh how could you bear to have people cut up and eat Gerry :lmao: .... seriously, what a fabulous cake!!!

Posted Image Lish, Amber and Delene. Congratulations Lish, on ALL the wonderful things that are going on in your life sweetie.

Jill, I haven't heard from you ... did they catch the culprits?

I hope everyone has a great week.

hugs to all.

love,

Sue

Elissa, I am biting my tongue about asking which "Parts" of Gerry you got to bite into!

LISH! So happy to see you and to get the updates on our little Spartan!! Congrats on all the life changes!!

It's Monday - UGH!

Suzie

Oh cake! Oh my! However, I have NO problem with you chowing down, as it were......oh my. What a GREAT surprise Elissa!

Hey everybody! Here's hoping that everyone is having a great time.

and no, Sue, no culprits, no answers.....but, I basically overhauled the closets and drawers....big time....you'd be amazed what can get tossed, donated, or washed when you are in a mood!!!! Oh, and the adrenalin crashed about Thursday at 4 PM. I was a physical washout until about 7 AM this morning when I simply had to stand up and do it again. But, 3 more pounds down on the scale, more improvement on the BP and glucose fronts...... it was just the day to be over it, I guess.

Love to all....

Jill

I saved someone's life today. He collapsed in a thrift store ang there was a CNA and myself there at the time. The Lord put us there today. We did CPR until the ambulance arrived. Got an update that they stabilized him and he was going to the big hospital in Des Moines by chopper. I hope he's ok!!! My adrenaline rush hasnt subsided yet.

Oh, Lish! God definitely sent you there for a reason. Every time I renew my CPR certification, I pray I'll never have to use it. So far, I've only had to use it once, and it wasn't on the job. My then, 7 year-old nephew was choking on a piece of hard candy and I had to do the Heimlich maneuver several times to dislodge the candy from his airway. I realized then why those frequent re-certifications are important.

:hugs:

I've just had two days from h**l! I got a call yesterday from my daughter that her hubby, my wonderful SIL, Doug) had an accident at work and hit his head on a concrete floor. He has a fractured skull and there is inter-cranial(sp) bleeding. He is still in Intensive Care as they are trying to discover where the blood is still coming from. Hopefully, they will be able to avoid surgery. His speech is effected by the swelling, but he is awake and angry about the whole falling thing. Nancy is finally calming down a little, but she is a bit of a basket case. They are such a wonderful couple and each thinks the other hangs the moon. So if you have a minute. please remember Doug and Nancy in your prayers.

I have developed what feels like a cyst in my right breast and had to see the doctor about it today. I first noticed it a while back, but it went into hiding for a while with large doses of Vit E. Now, however, it is back and that sucker HURTS! The doctor mentioned mammogram, and I nearly hit her! No way is anyone smashing that painful sucker! But she did set me up for a sonogram. The thing is gonna have to come out because I can't wear a bra - not that I need one very much!

So the hits just keep on coming!

I am so not having a good week! :(

Grumpy old Suzie

Oh my goodness! SUZIE, talk about the hits just keep coming. YOu and they are very much in my prayers. Be safe, go get that sonogram and vitamin E that sucker into submission. May your daughter and S-L find grace and patience through this -- -and I send the same to you -- FOR YOU.

LIsh! Goodness! Thank heavens you were there and thank heavens you knew what to do. That is why we are all so indebted to the trained, the brave, and the caring among us who step up when needed. Thank you from all of us...over and over again.

Wishing you all a good evening and happy day tomorrow.

Now, off to see how actually does whatever on this Dancing With the Stars results thingy! I know it's silly but I JUST LOVE THAT WHOLE SHOW AND CONCEPT! Besides, who doesn't love a little Santana in their life on a Tuesday night (and some Daughtry too!)

Love to all.

Jill

Hello Ladies.... Long time eh. It's hard to get on at home now w/the little one running around and at work it has been very busy lately. It's okay, it makes the day go by faster.

Suzie - Please keep us posted on your SIL. It's hard I know for your daughter but I will keep my fingers crossed for you in that he gets well soon. Accidents do happen but I can't stop asking why...

Elissa - Loved your cake. I would have gone for a much lower portion but that's just my thing. A girl can dream can't she.

Lish - Congratulations on your heroic effort. Lets hope he's going to be okay. I would have panic and dialed 911 really well.

Sue - How you holding up? :kiss:

ALL - I hope everyone is doing well and things are okay and everyone is healthy. No real calmaities holding you down and you're enjoying the change in seasons.

Nothing too exciting on my end. My little ones are now 2 and 7, but of course my girl although 2 is really going on 35. She's too grown for her own good. OMG! :doh: But I wouldn't change a thing.

Everyone have a great day and since it's officially HUMP DAY lets push for this week to be done and lets get this weekend started right!

I'll be back. :wave:

Cassie

Posted Image to all!

Cassie, I'm hanging in there...just registered for next years convention....can't wait to see you again sweetie. :kiss:

Susie, I am praying sweetie. I'm so sorry hon. You hang in there.

This is really just a fast post to let you all know I'm out of here for a few days. I'm leaving to go down and take care of Fynn for four days (I hope to at least get to see a little bit of B2 also but he'll be with his mom ... so I'm not sure yet).

Anyway, everyone have a great rest of the week and a wonderful weekend.

love you all.

hugs,

Sue

Hello ladies.

Lish,it's good that the Lord sent you there at that specific moment.Isn't it amazing how He works sometimes.

Suzie,you're daughter and SIL will be in my prayers. And do get that cyst checked out,if you ask about it,there are monogram machines where you can lie down and stick your breast through this whole and it won't squish you.That's what I'm hoping for when my time comes in the next year or 2.I have to start early because my Mom had breast cancer and had to have a double masectomy 5 years ago,but she started having lumps when she was in her 30's.So time for me to squished soon. :) So if need be,get squished.

Well,that's about it,I'm going to go watch all those grown up shows I've been recording while my kids are awake. Hugs

Praying for you and your family, Suzie...

I found out today that my efforts were not totally is vain. He is in ICU in Des Moines but is not doing well. I sure hope he turns the corner and is ok.

Went to Pizza Hut with Brayan and one of the servers was there yesterday. (Was it just yesterday?) She told the manager what had happened and I think half the people in the resturant! It was a bit embarrassing... I was only doing my job.

Hi guys! Just to bring you up to date, my Son-in-law has been released from the hospital. He has a really bad headache and the doctors feel certain the fracture in his skull will knit itself back together. The bleeding in his brain has stopped and he is slowly regaining his full speech without fumbling over words. It's going to take quite a while before he is up to full speed. The worst part for Doug is that he has always been a "full speed ahead" kind of guy and it is very hard for him to be forced to move slowly - it's just not his style. However, my Nancy is watching him like a hawk and not letting him over-do anything. Doug owns his business and not working means he can't keep an eye on things which is adding to his frustration. He is such a sweetheart, I can't stand seeing him troubled.

I had a sonogram yesterday and now the doctor is INSISTING on a mammogram because the first pictures were inconclusive. Le sigh! See Suzie biting the bullet!

Hope everyone has a really great weekend. Try to stay out of trouble, y'all. I can't take many more things to worry about!

Hugs,

Suzie

So glad to hear your Son in law is doing better. Sorry about your needing a mammogram...you need a stick to bite on?

Have something really cool to tell ya'll.I met this guy,we aren't like dating or anything yet and we were texting today and I asked what kind of music he likes,he does not know I am a Gerry fan and he said..."I like to sing Phantom of the Opera sometimes." I was like "OMG??! Are you serious????I have that CD in my car!" It was so beyond weird,in a cool way.He used to have a baby grand,I am a pianist,his fav color is green and his room is green,my room is green too...we fix our coffee the same way and we both even use the same short cut to get a cafe mocha without having to go to starbucks(1 packet of hot choc. in your coffee tastes just like a cafe mocha).We are a little weirded out by the similiarites,but it's pretty cool. Just thought I needed to pass on his love of the Phantom to you Gals,thought ya'll would appreciate the significance of that lol

And it is a HUGE significance....you enjoy finding out where this leads.

I had a student break out spontaneously into Music of the Night the other day -- with no prompting.... -- I think it's in the stars, Andrea...and we should all enjoy it.

Oh Suzie. I feel the pain (my boob squeeze is coming up really soon)....but, I adhere to the get it over with and get on genre....., but I am delighted to hear good things about your son-in-law. All of that is an improvement over a couple of days ago.

But, I have NEVER run across anyone else who says le sigh....I adore it. I knew we were close to mind melded!!!

Jill

:wave: everyone! Our feral mama cat who lives in our backyard recently had another litter of kittens! We only found out about this litter because when a tropical storm blew through the area she brought her approximately 2 week old kittens up on the patio to get them away from the flooding. They remained on the patio, and we've been able to play with them, etc. There are 6 of them, 5 males and 1 female. My sister is taking 2 of them for my nieces and we have 2 more people who may take one. Suckers that we are, my daughter and I are each bringing 1 in the house. Erin has named her little guy Stanley. My little guy is named Phantom.

Erin and Stanley

Posted Image

Me and Phantom

Posted Image