Gerard Butler GALS
givemeabeach

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

Oh, Elissa, they are adorable! I especially love Phantom. He is completely precious! (And NO I don't want a kitty!!!)

Suzie

Are you sure, Suzie? Phantom has a twin brother. :D

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Suzie

:funnyup: Just imagine a Phantom twin brother :ohbaby: ... Well, ya can't blame a GAL for trying! :lol:

Adorable Elissa!I love kittens.We have 2 wild ones around here,I've got their Mama tamed but the babie are still scittish.

Gals,I have a coffee date tonight with said Phantom fan and i am So,freakin' nervous.I haven't been anywhere with a member of the opposite sex that wasn't kin to me since my ex.I am so un-nerved it's ridiculous.

For those on my FB I added him yesterday,if you have comments,(he's cute etc..) don't leave them on my fb,don't want him to know I've told other gals to check him out. lol

Andrea, have a wonderful time dear!

Elissa, they are adorable....lol...ok, cat lady, how many are you going to have in said household now? LOL (spoken by one who has one cat, two birds and two puppies who are at this minute making quite the racket :lalala: ). Are you absolutely sure Suzie?????? LOL

I have a funny story. Monday morning I had my cable service hook up a phone line in my house (I'm not going to use it but IF I took it my bill will actually be reduced by 30 bucks a month for my TV and Internet (because it's all a package deal...so needless to say I took it). Well, the young man who came to install the telephone service looked exactly like Colin Farrell. He was a cutie! He's sitting at my computer desk while all the cables, internets, phone, etc. is rebooting and he says to me "hummm...you don't like Gerard Butler much do you?" Well, I tell him all about GALS and he's still looking at all my pictures on my desk and he sees the one of me when I was young with long reddish curls and he asks "Is that you? WOW! Look at the porclain skin and red hair! I bet you had a bunch of guys trying to run their hands through that beautiful mane!".....(cracked me up...but I confess it made me feel good). And than he spots the picture Frannie made me of me (from that picture) with Gerry with his arm around me (ok, by now I'm getting a wee bit embarrassed)....lol...he just snickered...SNICKERED...and said "yup, I say you like Gerard Butler!" To which I just nodded and said "YUP". :p

I'm still working through this cold (haven't left the house since Monday) but today is Butler's last series of puppy shots so I'm going to have to go out and face the world I guess.

hugs,

Sue

SUE!! When did Butler come back home? I thought he was going to go live with Bryan and the family!

And YES! I am absolutely sure I don't want a kitty!

Suzie

PS: I hope the cable guy doesn't start rumors about you and Gerry! LOL!

Hello lovely GALS, sorry I've been away so long. The reminders haven't been coming for some reason and we've been so busy that I've not had time to catch up.

My daughter's wedding is in two and a half weeks and last weekend we had our mother/daughter weekend. We spent it in Melbourne (flew down on Friday and returned on Monday) and went shopping and had a whole day in a spa. I've had every inch of my skin washed, exfoliated, toned and moisturised and then fully massaged. On top of that we had a facial and a pedicure. WOW how decedent it all was and how lovely.

I have some photo's of our week at the World SciFi Convention, the one below is hubby and I at the Australian Horror Writers Ball (ghouls going out as normal people LOL).

Posted ImagePosted Image

The first image is the Yarra River which runs through Melbourne. Pretty view.

Elissa, I note the new kittens, how cute. I love cats (as my totem and namesake) but am totally alergic Posted Image

I hope this all finds you well, and I promise not to let it get so long again.

Hugs to all

Cat

Cat, I would love to attend the world Scifi convention along with Dragon con.

I am a big cat person like my mother before me, my sister and my daughter. We already have 6 indoor cats and are getting ready to bring 2 or 3 more kittens from the feral mama cat who lives in our backyard into the house. When my daughter moves into her own place, she will take 2 of the cats with her. Three of our cats are elderly, and we have no plans at this time to replace them. My little Phantom was the first kitten that his mama brought up onto our patio to escape the torrential rain and flooding when the tropical storm rolled through the San Antonio area. The first time he snuggled at my neck I was toast. :lol:

Hey ladies,just letting you know my date went well.We really got along well and he's really cute :)

Andrea, I'm happy for you. It's always a bit fraught with a first date so nice to know a 2nd one is likely Posted Image

Visitors coming today for the long weekend. Just finished cleaning the new house, it's so much easier than the double storey one we had... no STAIRSPosted Image

Elissa, boy it would be lovely to have a nice family of cats. We have two jack russells and they are a little cat like, especially Jack who meows and purrs Posted Image

Wishing you all a lovely weekend.

Hugs

Cat

Hi GALS,

Been awhile since I've been in here. I hope your all doing well and enjoying Gerry as much as ever. I've been busy in my personal life, going to college now for IT and went through a divorce. Things are good, I can't complain one bit. Hiya Irish, Frannie and all the rest of you...be good or good at it, LOL.

See ya.

Well, guess a lot has been going on here lately! Suzie, hope you're feeling better with your family and such!

Andrea, does this guy sound like a keeper? WOW!

Everyone else, hope all is well.

Kitties are cute and I'm a sucker for them. Good thing they're all the way down in Texas and I'm all the way up here in Missouri!

I'm debating on whether or not to go see Craig Ferguson tonight at the Midland. I just love him but I'd be going solo, which I don't mind really. Decisions, decisions!

Nothing new, really. Just still coming down off of trip. May take a while.

Delene

Delene, what an absolutely delightful siggy. Haven't seen those photo's of Gerry with Lolita.

Hotlips, sounds very busy for you. A divorce is not nice and good to see you are doing well.

Hi Andrea, Elissa, Sue and Suzie. Hope this finds you well.

Have just introduced another friend to Gerry. You should have seen her face as she watched POTO - entranced. Have lent her some of my DVD Gerry collection. Can't wait to hear which is her favorite.

Hugs to all

Cat

Well, guess a lot has been going on here lately! Suzie, hope you're feeling better with your family and such!

Andrea, does this guy sound like a keeper? WOW!

Everyone else, hope all is well.

Kitties are cute and I'm a sucker for them. Good thing they're all the way down in Texas and I'm all the way up here in Missouri!

I'm debating on whether or not to go see Craig Ferguson tonight at the Midland. I just love him but I'd be going solo, which I don't mind really. Decisions, decisions!

Nothing new, really. Just still coming down off of trip. May take a while.

Delene

Delene

did you see Craig???

I can't believe how long it has been since I checked in! My apologies - but it is great to see some of you who haven't been around in awhile.

Lish - wow! So much has happened since last we heard from you. I'm so glad you were there to revive the man at the thrift store. Congrats on Dan, on Brayan starting preschool, on acquiring 3 more kids, on finishing school and passing boards!! I hope you get a job soon - I keep hearing that nursing is one of the fields where there are plenty of jobs, hope that's true for you!!

Suzie - sorry you have to go through with the mammosquish. I'm overdue for mine, must make appointment this week. I've had cysts before - one of them actually went away after a mammogram - I think it actually squished it away! I'm glad to hear your SIL is home and on the mend. That had to be so scary when he was in ICU.

Cat - looks like you've been having some fun, and the wedding is just around the corner. I hope you will post some pictures.

Delene - I do hope you went to see Craig - he is soooo funny live - about 10 times funnier than on TV (and I like him on TV). Thankfully Dayna convinced me to see him with Libby and Binkie in Las Vegas in June and what a treat that was!! He had me in stitches the whole time.

Andrea - that guy sounds like a keeper. I hope it continues to go well as you get to know each other better.

Elissa - is it possible for you to capture the mama cat and have her fixed? I knew someone here locally that did that. She worked for an organization that would spay and neuter feral cats and then release them again since the adults are very hard to tame. Phantom and Stanley are so cute! I have 2 cats, it is hard to believe how old they are (13 and 14) because neither one seems old at all. My last cat before them passed away at 12. BTW, I loved your Gerry cake! If I got one of those at work I'd have gone for that same piece you did, but if I got it at home, or JUST among Gerry friends, I think I'd have opted for the piece that Cassie was wanting!

My Summer of Love tour is over now, I so enjoyed my last 3 Adam concerts in Florida. I got to spend time with someone I originally met in Gerry fandom (on line only). We had a rocky start a few years ago but have now become good friends, thanks to our shared Adam fandom!! He's onto the international part of the tour now, Asia, NZ and Australia this month (ending with 2 in Hawaii) and then all over Europe next month. Rumor has it the tour will end in Los Angeles in December - I'm crossing my fingers for that!

This week I seriously must begin my job search. I met with one executive recruiter last week, and am supposed to talk to another in an hour. I'm also waiting to hear from a consultant that we worked with at my last job. I must get used to a lot of "waiting to hear from people" part.

I must go figure out where to post about the Phantom Pheast - it is on November 6 this year and I have to get to promoting it!!! I wish ALL the Phantom lovers here could come! It is always special to share the experience again each year - with true fans and new fans!

:wave: everyone! Our new little kittens, Stanley and Phantom, are settling down in the house and getting used to the chaos that is this household! :p Of course, the other cats are jealous and the dogs look upon them as tasty morsels they'd love to have for lunch, but I know things will settle down in time. The kittens' personalities were quite evident when they were first placed in the large, covered crate that holds their food, water, litter box and bed until they are big enough to defend themselves against the other animals in the house. Phantom immediately inspected the entire perimeter of the cage and climbed to the top, no doubt searching for the lever that would spring the trap door, securing his release. Stanley sat and calmly looked around his new surroundings, then walked over to the food bowl and started eating. :p Both kittens are very sweet, and like to be held. We were able to find homes for 3 of the others, only 1 remains outside with his mother and 2 older siblings.

Susan, we are planning to take the mama cat and the older female kitten to be spayed. Mama is now tame enough that we can pet her, so getting her in a cat carrier should be doable now. We were waiting for her latest kittens to be weaned. The 6month old female is more skittish, and we probably won't catch her as easily. The other 6month old kitten is a male and is very tame. We can pet him and pick him up without problems. By the way, I see you understand about the piece from the Gerry cake...I couldn't look like a total perv at work! :spit:

Hugs to all!

:wave: Just popping in to update the kitten situation. I'm happy to say that my sister found a home for the remaining kitten with one of the neighbors. He'll be a pampered indoor kitty. They promise to have him neutered and to take good care of him! :)

Whew! I'm off the kitty hook! :nanana: LOL!

Hugs to everyone!

Suzie

Whew! I'm off the kitty hook! :nanana: LOL!

Hugs to everyone!

Suzie

:funnyup:

Wouldn't have been much use if I wanted a kitten. The cost of sending it to Australia totally prohibitive *chuckle*.

Glad they all found homes. I just saw a post on another site about a GB fan with 8 of the most delightfully cute white rats. Didn't really want one of those Posted Image Just goes to show how loving and diverse we all are Posted Image

Hope you are all well

Hugs

Cat

Hi GALS...sorry I haven't been around a ton,and it has nothing to do with the guy,so far 1 date a week.(which is fine)So,far,so good.

Hotlips,sorry you have been through a divorce those are never fun.

Glad the kitties are finding homes.I had a dog for a week but we had to find her a home because she was quite a large puppy and she knocked Ethan down and scared him.(She was bigger than they were).So,she had to go bye,bye.Wasn't happy but such is life.

Delene,did you go see Craig???

I know I'm forgetting alot,I'm tired.Have been sick for a couple of weeks when sinus stuff and chest congestion,it's starting to break up now.And my eldest has been crawling into my bed almost every night.He's warm but he puts his knees in my back lol.

Well I need to run to the store while the boys are with their Daddy at the park. HUGS to you all.

(and btw isn't Gerry just lookin hot ;) )

Susan, I must have missed your post earlier. Wow a lot has happened to you since I last caught up. I hadn't realised you were looking for a job. Hope it all goes well. Sounds like your tour was fantastic. I will also keep my fingers crossed that he finishes in LA so you can get to go again.

I'm happy to post photos of the wedding. I'm not sure if you all know but her parter is Tanya - they have finally allowed gay weddings in the Australian Capital Territory and the girls are taking advantage of it. I'm proud of my girls but I know it is sometimes a sensitive issue to a few people.Andrea, Yep Posted Image and Posted Image and Posted Image and Posted Image anytime for Gerry. Sounds like you are a busy Mum and trying to date at the same time - WOW. I guess one night a week is a good start.

We had a large dog (Kaiser the Weimaraner) but not until the kids were about 5 and 6 and then he was such a nice dog they rode him like a horse Posted Image

Hope this finds you all well

Hugs

Cat

Edited by Terry's Witch

Thanks Cat! I'm going to send you something via PM. My wish came true about L.A. ending the GlamNation Tour - December 16 at the intimate Club Nokia. There was a lot of bruhaha about the ticket sales - nothing at all available on Fan Club presale, then some fans got tickets on the 2nd day with the venue presale, then absolutely nothing on general sale. I had to resort to a reseller but managed to nab a single great ticket in the 2nd row of the lower balcony at the lowest price by far for anything I've seen that close. I am very excited about it, as you might guess.

Elissa - so happy to hear the last kitten has found a good home (and happy for Suzie that it doesn't have to be her).

Andrea - hope you are feeling better. I have chronic sinus problems so I sympathize.

:wave: to everyone else. I'm working on the plans for our Phantom Pheast 4 weeks from tonight. I am glad that a few of the GALS will be there and hope/wish for more to attend. You can click the link under my siggy if you want to find out more about it!

Hi Gals.I got to feeling better,finally got my voice back.Then my kids got sick.And we are having alot of trouble with that,so prayers would be greatly appreciated.The youngest had a 101 fever,the runs and cough and congestion.His Dad took him to the dr but neglected to mention the cough,congestion etc...and only told the doctor he had a fever and loose stools.So,they gave an incomplete diagnoses.And he is still sick,so I am taking him to the dr. myself here in a bit.And he didn't feed him the BRATS diet so he now has the worse diaper rash he's had in ages. Also took him to an ortho yesterday,he intoes a little bit,they found that it's coming from his hip,nothing they can do. So I've got alot on my plate and they are going to his house tonight. Sorry to be such a downer but I can't post this on my fb(people know where to find him lol)

I do have good things happening,I was asked to invent something(knit wear)and things are going well elsewhere :)