Gerard Butler GALS
givemeabeach

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

My kids are mostly well now.And we had some excitement today.There was a shooting at a Post Office 15 miles down the Hwy from me.And the shooters are still on the loose.2 guys walked in a P.O. and killed 2 women working there.The whole county is on edge now and it has made national news.We are famous!...for all the wrong reasons.

I just wanted to thank givemeabeach for my new siggy - and couldn't find a way to post it in the "Thank You" thread. I love the siggy, givemeabeach and thanks, very much!

BlueJean

Thanks Terry's Witch and Andrea~mc.

It's all good, divorce is hard but things are going pretty well. Good to see all of you again, I've been away so long I have no clue what's going on with Gerry these days..or any of you for that matter..I'll catch up sooner or later..with Mid-terms coming..probably later. LOL.

Well you GALS enjoy yourself and take care.

Hugs.

Just popping in to say hi, the Support Center seems verrrrrra slow these days, kinda like my life!

@Andrea- I hope they caught the guys who killed the postal workers. That is really scary when something like that happens and the killers are still at large.

@Hotlips - good luck with midterms, sorry about the divorce - been there done that (though it was a long time ago now). We're here whenever you need us!

I'm bored now, not working. I've been sending out resumes and hope to start getting a nibble here or there from some of them. I know the right thing will come at the right time and plan to start doing more volunteer work in the interim instead of sitting at the computer day and night. Tomorrow night I'm going to see the new version of Peter Pan that is making its way around the country. It is shown in a tent and uses CGI to create a whole world. It has been so popular they extended its run here by 2 months. I'm supposed to go to a Halloween party in Hollywood on Friday night - have a costume ready. I haven't done anything like this in forever! It's called the 7 Deadly Sins party - sounds dangerous!! The venue looks so cool - it is a club that has sort of an old Victorian vibe to it and I'm sure they'll make it all really decked out for Halloween which is by far the bigget holiday in Hollywood/West Hollywood. It would probably worth going to it just to see the outrageous costumes and makeup others will be donning.

The following week is our Phantom Pheast and Redux - just like most things it appears it will be downsized again this year, but we'll still have a great time and getting to see Phantom on the big screen again with fellow Phans is always a special occasion.

Just popping in to say hi, the Support Center seems verrrrrra slow these days, kinda like my life!

@Andrea- I hope they caught the guys who killed the postal workers. That is really scary when something like that happens and the killers are still at large.

@Hotlips - good luck with midterms, sorry about the divorce - been there done that (though it was a long time ago now). We're here whenever you need us!

I'm bored now, not working. I've been sending out resumes and hope to start getting a nibble here or there from some of them. I know the right thing will come at the right time and plan to start doing more volunteer work in the interim instead of sitting at the computer day and night. Tomorrow night I'm going to see the new version of Peter Pan that is making its way around the country. It is shown in a tent and uses CGI to create a whole world. It has been so popular they extended its run here by 2 months. I'm supposed to go to a Halloween party in Hollywood on Friday night - have a costume ready. I haven't done anything like this in forever! It's called the 7 Deadly Sins party - sounds dangerous!! The venue looks so cool - it is a club that has sort of an old Victorian vibe to it and I'm sure they'll make it all really decked out for Halloween which is by far the bigget holiday in Hollywood/West Hollywood. It would probably worth going to it just to see the outrageous costumes and makeup others will be donning.

The following week is our Phantom Pheast and Redux - just like most things it appears it will be downsized again this year, but we'll still have a great time and getting to see Phantom on the big screen again with fellow Phans is always a special occasion.

Hi Susan and everyone,

I am brand new to the site and am soooo glad you are here. I felt so alone and lost, depressed and introspective, thinking I was the ONLY one who has this Gerry sickness!

I just found out who he was about a month ago (I know none of you can believe that), and now I'm totally obsessed. The only good part is explained by my name.

As for pictures, siggies, etc. I'm still trying to figure out how everything works, but I've been in Photoshop working on something I hope to have ready in a couple of days. How you add all the AV stuff is beyond me, but maybe I will learn a bunch from you guys.

I will probably never be able to meet GB in person because my hubby laughingly tolerates all the DVDs I've purchased (every one of them!), but if I try to go beyond that he might get PO'd. I suppose that's okay because if I ever met Mr. Sexy in person I'd probably have a heart attack or just start babbling incoherently. I absolutely dread the day when he "finds" someone. I wish we could all have him forever, but we all want him to be happy, right? Just. not. now.

I laugh when I read all the stuff written about him online (UK Telegraph reported he has added highlights to his hair!!), pix of him without his shirt as if the fact that he no longer has his 300 washboard abs matters to any of us. I have to say that I did get pretty sick of hearing about Jennifer Anniston. I wish she'd go on and marry someone because she's bordering on pathetic.

Count me in the number who adore Phantom and think he did a masterful job. To heck with the lyric tenors (casper milquetoasts), give me passion and heart every time. Besides, as Joel Schumacher said, "Gerry is a stunning Phantom". There wasn't a single scene where he looked anything but gorgeous, even when unmasked! The reason Christine went with Raoul is because she was 16 and couldn't handle a real man!

Please let me know how to get plugged in better: what I should add to my profile, etc. I look forward to many therapy sessions.

Hello GJB-My Aphrodisiac! I'm pretty new to the wonders of The Butler myself(almost 8 months now) so no need to feel ashamed. Luckily I'm single and live with my sister who also loves Gerry. We have 13 posters of Gerry in our living room alone. 1 in the kitchen, 2 in my room and 1 in my sister's room. The first movie I saw with Gerry was PS, I Love You. I plan on going to Ireland and Scotland in 2012 and maybe I'll find a charming Scot or Irish chap that will sweep me off my feet just like Gerry K did to Holly in the movie. My sister found out the name of the pub in Dublin where they filmed part of the movie so maybe magic will happen for me there.

Anyways, welcome to GALS and I hope you will need constant "therapy" just like the rest of us. Gerry is one addiction I don't want to overcome. :wave::D

Posted Image Aphro (I hope you don't mind if I shortened your screen name until I learn your real name)! Yes, it does appear that you have gotten a bad case of GALS like the rest of us.

This is a good place to start to get to know GALS. If you would like to meet the artists that make the siggies/mop boys/Trading Cards and Avi's .... (and it sounds like you yourself may be one of those artists since you're already in Photoshop :cunning:) please come join our siggy piggy club:

http://www.gerardbut...ic=34132&st=160

Susan, I'm keeping the prayers going for you that you find that dream job!

Andrea, like Susan said, I hope they caught the guys who did this.

Anna2, welcome back woman...it's been a long time.

hugs,

Sue

And Aphro...it doesn't matter how long we've been here -- we all have this....fever deep in side (and some of us don't even pretend that it's deep inside)...it just is!

Welcome and enjoy.

Hello everyone! Hoping that things are going well and that you are all doing VERY well.

Love to all --- hugs to everyone -- and may the Halloween spirits....lift yours!

SWAK!!!

lots of love...Jill

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!! My family was originally from the Perthshire area of Scotland, but left for Ireland sometime after Culloden. They settled in the Ulster area, County Tyrone, Ballyvaddan Townland. I too would love to get over to see my roots; there's always been a romantic pull toward those areas. Are there many Scots or Scots/Irish on the board? Wouldn't it be fun to get a Gals group together to go over to see the sights and maybe meet His Sexiness?? One can always dream.

GJB-My Aphrodisiac (Burma)

anyone on the forum that wants to meet up in either Scotland or Ireland is more than welcome to join my traveling group. :wave:

anyone on the forum that wants to meet up in either Scotland or Ireland is more than welcome to join my traveling group. :wave:

Do you also have an extra 1,000 dollars? :funnyface:

I'd love to join you, have to wait and see.

:welcome: GJB - My Aphrodisiac!

Welcome GJB - My Aphrodisiac !

I too want to go to Scotland one of these days.

They haven't caught the killers yet.They had helicopters flying over regularly for a while and the award is now $50,000 for any information.It's really unsettling.

The boys are doing better,I am doing better,physically.I'm tired but doing ok.

Hey Gals...here's Alex's Hiccup costume.Just finished that vest,stupid machine wouldn't sew the fur to had to do it by hand....not feeling enthused about further sewing at the moment LOL but now I have towork on Ethans.

My little Viking.

Oh Andrea...it is sooooo cute (and Alex is a doll!). You, my friend are so talented!!!

I hope everyone is safe on the east coast...the weather looks horrible on the news! Frannie, I'm especially thinking about you and yours sweetie.

love and hugs to all.

Sue

:wave: everyone! Just popped in to show off my little kitten, Phantom. He's all set for Halloween. I had a little fun with Photoshop :p

Posted Image

Andrea, what cutie! Love the Viking costume!

:funnyup: Elissa, when I first saw the picture (before reading your post) I thought "how the he** did Elissa get her kitty to sit still while she put a mask on him???????" Great job woman! You need to post that picture in the siggy thread and show everyone your photoshop magic.

hugs,

Sue

I thought the same thing as Irish..."Wow that must be the tamest cat ever to let someone put a mask on it." LOL :funnyup:

Very cute Elissa....

And thankyou ya'll.I think he was born in the wrong period of time he has been carrying around his shield and battle axe all morning.Thankfully the axe is soft plastic because this morning I had to say "Alexander,quit hitting the tv with your axe!"

:wave: Thanks, Sue, Christine, and Andrea! He is a very sweet, tame, kitten, but somehow I think I'd have a problem with putting a real mask on him! :p I posted the picture in the Siggy Piggy thread too. :)

Elissa, that is precious!

Andi, so is your little man. He is a very convincing Viking!

Suzie

Thanks, Suzie! My little Phantom sure is a cutie. We got him and his brother, Stanley, in the house early enough that they both are really sweet, affectionate kittens. Not at all wild.

I had an unexpected day off today, so I actually spent the time cleaning the house! :D With Erin's help, all of our DVDs are now organized too. While organizing the DVDs we watched "What About Bob?" which was on one of the movie channels. That's one of our favorite comedies. Richard Dreyfuss and Bill Murray are a scream together! I'm on the schedule for tomorrow, but the census is down, so I'll probably have tomorrow off too. What a shame! :p I mean, what a shame :tissues:

Not much going on here, GALS. Is your addiction waning? Mine's with me 24/7, which can sometimes be a real problem. I really neeeeed my support group!

Hugs,

Burma

Burma, my Gerry addiction has been with me since Dec, 2004 when I saw POTO and drooled in my popcorn in all of Gerry's scenes as the Phantom. As I've said many times, if there's a cure for my addiction, I don't want it! :p

Burma, my Gerry addiction has been with me since Dec, 2004 when I saw POTO and drooled in my popcorn in all of Gerry's scenes as the Phantom. As I've said many times, if there's a cure for my addiction, I don't want it! :p

Glad to know I'm not the only one thinking of GB at this very moment! I have to say, when I need a Gerry fix, POTO is my favorite. He OWNS that film. Have you ever seen a man more photogenic?? I now own every film he's ever appeared in, but I sure wish I could find a DVD of Lucy Sullivan that would play in the US. Any hints?

Hugs,

Burma