Gerard Butler GALS
givemeabeach

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

Hi all! It's Saturday night in Holden, MO. Just ran down to the Sonic for dinner. :whoopdedoo: Bored out of my mind! But we did get a new square baler delivered today!

Tried to catch a stray dog running around in town but T gave me a hard time so I abandoned mission. I'm thinking about that little dog right now. Hope he gets home. It's gonna be a cold night.

Sniff.

Delene

Oh, Delene, can I ever relate to that! Years ago, there was a young dog running around on our street--had

a red collar, but no license. It was December and one of our unusually cold nights. For awhile I just hear

the pup crying and yapping. Finally I could take it no longer--someone had put her up into someone else's

pickup bed and she couldn't jump down. To make the story short, I cried all the way home carrying her--

hubby said, NO MORE DOGS (we had 2) and I told him HE would have to take her to the pound. Well, we had Sam

for 12 years. I can't tell you how many cats thought our house was "home" we were a regular free diner and

hotel--LOL. Those were the better days before the streets all went through and the nearby filbert orchard was leveled for housing. Heck, it was MY idea of living in the country!! (Lived here 44 years.)

Greetings to everyone here--I like to check in here every so often to see what everyone is up to! Hope

all are having a good weekend. We are happy today--big football day, our U of O Ducks remain #1 in the country

for the first time EVER. It is a huge deal around here.

Hugs,

Judy

Oh, Delene, can I ever relate to that! Years ago, there was a young dog running around on our street--had

a red collar, but no license. It was December and one of our unusually cold nights. For awhile I just hear

the pup crying and yapping. Finally I could take it no longer--someone had put her up into someone else's

pickup bed and she couldn't jump down. To make the story short, I cried all the way home carrying her--

hubby said, NO MORE DOGS (we had 2) and I told him HE would have to take her to the pound. Well, we had Sam

for 12 years. I can't tell you how many cats thought our house was "home" we were a regular free diner and

hotel--LOL. Those were the better days before the streets all went through and the nearby filbert orchard was leveled for housing. Heck, it was MY idea of living in the country!! (Lived here 44 years.)

Greetings to everyone here--I like to check in here every so often to see what everyone is up to! Hope

all are having a good weekend. We are happy today--big football day, our U of O Ducks remain #1 in the country

for the first time EVER. It is a huge deal around here.

Hugs,

Judy

I think they know who will love them and give them a forever home. Animals just sense things like that.

Everytime I see a stray, I think about the ones who now share my life and had I not given them the chance, I would not have all the warm, happy memories they have given to me. They do give us so much more then we give back to them.

:kiss:

Delene

That is so true, Delene. And our best and most loyal pets have been those we "saved." Just breaks my

heart that I can't provide a home and love for more of them.

Hugs,

Judy

Christine,

I've not been on the board long (Butler newby), but am so sorry for all you've had to endure. I'm a FM and depression sufferer and know how every day can be a struggle. I wish you warm days, gentle breezes, and no pain, GALfriend!

Hugs,

Burma

:wave: everyone! I was canceled for a 12hr shift today, then called back and asked to come in for 4 hours, so I worked from 3-7pm today. While at work, I saw this sign on a coworker's locker: "The only thing wrong with a pleasant drive to work is that you end up at work." :p

Thank you so much, Burma. That was beautiful and a very nice start to my day.

But I'm also sorry that you have to endure FM and depression; neither is a laughing matter, and I find that a deepened depression and an FM flare-up usually overlap one another.

Welcome to GALS and to the wonderful world of Gerry, by the way! :yummy:

Hugs for you,

Christine

Christine,

I've not been on the board long (Butler newby), but am so sorry for all you've had to endure. I'm a FM and depression sufferer and know how every day can be a struggle. I wish you warm days, gentle breezes, and no pain, GALfriend!

Hugs,

Burma

:wave: everyone! I was canceled for a 12hr shift today, then called back and asked to come in for 4 hours, so I worked from 3-7pm today. While at work, I saw this sign on a coworker's locker: "The only thing wrong with a pleasant drive to work is that you end up at work." :p

:funnyup: boy, ain't that the truth...lol.

Posted Image my friends and sisters!!

hugs,

Sue

Hey all! I've not been around in a while, but find myself with the urge to read up and see what's going on. I noticed a few changes! Started a blog, pretty cool. I'm sure you'll find some strange, profound, and silly things there as time goes on. So many new people, I hardly recognize what's going on here! I'll have to check in more often!

Posted Imageback Christine! I really missed you.I am sorry you have been feeling so badly.I can only imagine the pain you have from FM.I have chronic pain also and it's no fun I know.Sure hope you're feeling better.

Posted Image Peggy

:wave: everyone! It turns out that my car and I are infamous at work among the employee shuttle drivers! I was canceled and then called back to come in today, which meant that I didn't get to work until 10:00am, and by then, the remote lot for employees where the day shift parks was completely full and I had to park on the end of one of the rows against the curb. It wasn't a red curb, and I saw that others had done the same thing, so I parked there. When I got on the shuttle bus to go over to the hospital, I told the driver what I had done and why. He said he was sure it was ok, then he asked, "So, is your car the Gerry Juice car?"! :p I have a bumper sticker on my car that says "Car and driver powered by Gerry Juice!" I had no idea that the shuttle drivers had noticed it on the parking lot. :lmao:

:wave: Judi, Peggy and Stacey, good to see you again!

Sue, the only reason I don't mind that drive to work is that I like to get paid every 2 weeks! :lol:

Hugs to all!

EliSSA! Gotta love that you are famous (well, is that infamous?) at work? But at least they know it is yours by sight! Far better that way!

Evening all! And love all around.

Jill

Awww...thank you, Peggy. Missed you, too. And I remember now that you also live with chronic pain. It's not a walk in the park, that's for sure. I actually had some quality sleep last night so I'm hoping for a better day. Take care, talk to you later. xo :kiss:

Posted Imageback Christine! I really missed you.I am sorry you have been feeling so badly.I can only imagine the pain you have from FM.I have chronic pain also and it's no fun I know.Sure hope you're feeling better.

Posted Image Peggy

"Car and driver powered by Gerry Juice!"

Where the heck can I get one of these bumber stickers? I think this would just tip my friends and family over the edge if I had one of these and there's nothing more I enjoy then driving them all crazy with Gerry!

Elissa, are you a nurse? I think that was kinda crappy to do that to you and make you drive all the way in for just four hours and expend the same amount of gasoline as it would take for twelve but I know hours is hours! Nursing, CNAing and all hospital staff rock. My DIL is an RN and she just did two back to back twelves!

Hugs,

Delene

:wave: Delene! I got that bumper sticker a long time ago. It was in one of the goody bags raffled off one year in Vegas.

I am an RN. I usually work 12 hr shifts, but I work on an "as-needed" basis, so I frequently get canceled and then called back! Yesterday I worked 9 hrs. I don't mind going in for 4 hrs most of the time, because I'm only about 15 minutes away from the hospital. :)

:wave: Delene! I got that bumper sticker a long time ago. It was in one of the goody bags raffled off one year in Vegas.

I am an RN. I usually work 12 hr shifts, but I work on an "as-needed" basis, so I frequently get canceled and then called back! Yesterday I worked 9 hrs. I don't mind going in for 4 hrs most of the time, because I'm only about 15 minutes away from the hospital. :)

Well that's not so bad. My DIL works in a hospital that's about forty miles from here. Of course when you live out in the boonies, most everything is a ways off. I worked as a Staffing Coordinator for a while so I understand the juggling act they have to perform sometimes to get coverage. Then you get those last minute call ins and it throws everything in to a tailspin! Ah, those were the days!

Delene

Phantom's Muse/Christine-they usually overlap because the depression/stress can cause a flare up and the flare up can cause the depression.Something to do with the chemicals released by our bodies.Excercise,even though it's hard to do with fm,releases the good chemicals to help our pain and get rid of depression.It's vicious cycle.Have been in physical rehab before.

Delene-I'm attempting to tame 2 wild kittens,caught her last week and she tore me up.Going to try again this weekend when the boys are gone,this time with a blanket or a towel.Her Mama is about to have kittens again,so I need them tame so they'll come to me,instead of worrying their mommy.

Welcome back, Christine. I'm sorry you've had so many traumatic events this year. I know how hard that is, my year has had some similar bumps in the road. Two of my dearest friends have FM and my husband has a similar condition called Sjogren's Syndrome. He is also bi-polar and in him the pain seems to trigger a manic episode which has twice landed him in the hospital this year. I hope you are able to find a job that will allow you to work with animals as you would like.

Peggy - welcome back to you as well. You've been away awhile and we've missed you!

On the job front, I've now had 2 interviews at the same company and have a 3rd one scheduled for this coming Thursday. I keep turning it over to God, thinking I'll get the call saying "sorry, they chose someone else" and instead I get the one saying "they'd like to meet with you again." So, I may be employed by next week or I may still be looking. Either way I'll be OK. I've been enjoying the time off, spending some time with my friends who aren't working.

I was the one who had the bumper stickers made that said "Car and Driver Powered by Gerry Juice" - I think I ordered about 12 of them a few years ago and put some of them in the raffle bags in Las Vegas. I used to have one in my car window but I think it faded so badly I finally took it out.

Last night I went to another concert, of a band I'd never seen before. Is anyone here a fan of Yellowcard? They broke up 3 years ago and just got back together in September so this was their first concert in 3 years. I found them because their drummer, Longineu Parsons III, was in Adam Lambert's band beginning last fall and then leaving in September to rejoin Yellowcard. I got to meet LP (as he's called) several times, as he seemed to be the most likely band member to just be hanging out before or after concerts where he could meet the fans. I bought Yellowcard's last album and found I really liked their music, and I very much enjoyed the concert last night even though I was probably one of the oldest people there! If you like modern rock I suggest giving them a listen, they have some videos on YouTube.

Phantom's Muse/Christine-they usually overlap because the depression/stress can cause a flare up and the flare up can cause the depression.Something to do with the chemicals released by our bodies.Excercise,even though it's hard to do with fm,releases the good chemicals to help our pain and get rid of depression.It's vicious cycle.Have been in physical rehab before.

Delene-I'm attempting to tame 2 wild kittens,caught her last week and she tore me up.Going to try again this weekend when the boys are gone,this time with a blanket or a towel.Her Mama is about to have kittens again,so I need them tame so they'll come to me,instead of worrying their mommy.

Andrea, if you haven't "caught" her/them yet, ask to borrow a "Have A Heart" trap from your local animal shelter or Humane Society and let them show you how to use it. Also, a great way to "tame" wild kitties is by using a back scratcher to "pet" them so you don't get scratched and can stay at a distance. If they are kittens, they'll come around eventually, even if they're ferrel. Good luck!

For all of you in pain from fibro, cut white stuff out of your diet, like refined sugars, enriched flour, etc. and everything they would be in. It's hard but it helps!

Delene

Susan-so glad to hear you might have a job! that's great!

I didn't get to catch them,we had company come in.I have tamed wild kitties before,but it's been a long while.

About cutting the white stuff out of your diet.Already have done that.For one I'm gluten intolerant,so I can't have anything made w/wheat flour and I have blood sugar issues,so I rarely eat sugar.Potatoes I can't give up though lol and when energy tested,I test ok w/potatoes,they don't cause me any problems.

Susan-so glad to hear you might have a job! that's great!

I didn't get to catch them,we had company come in.I have tamed wild kitties before,but it's been a long while.

About cutting the white stuff out of your diet.Already have done that.For one I'm gluten intolerant,so I can't have anything made w/wheat flour and I have blood sugar issues,so I rarely eat sugar.Potatoes I can't give up though lol and when energy tested,I test ok w/potatoes,they don't cause me any problems.

Andrea, do you have problems with fibro at your age? Used to be a malady of older people as well as chronic fatigue syndrome. I have read a lot of stuff on both of those things and the ranges of possible cures that go from diet to having the fillings in your teeth replaced.

Another toxin that can contaminate our system is eating from plastic containers that we microwave food in, like the Lean Cuisines and such. I've all but eliminated using those and definately do not eat from them.

Milk and beef are contaminated with so many growth hormones and antibiotics that we ingest when we eat or drink this stuff that you wouldn't believe it not to mention the vaccinations the animals have to have to ward off diseases and parasites. I know because we raised beef cattle for several years. You can imagine then if you eat beef from a cow that has been injected with something to stimulate it's gaining weight then you take that in to your body too. No wonder people are obese. The only way to go is vegetarian or with organically raised animals.

I'm not sure much of anything we can buy at the grocery store is free of contaminates anymore or hidden sugars to enhance the flavor. I actually feel better then I did a few years ago by just some diet adjustments. But I'm a work in progress. My goal is to be as healthy as I can. It takes work.

Delene

I am soooo disgusted with myself today! I worked so hard to lose weight about 2 years ago, and actually lost 38pounds. Well, almost all of them are back! :gah: I got dressed for work today and could barely cram myself into a pair of scrub pants that were loose when I bought them. I've tried to get back on the program I lost the weight on several times, but for some reason just can't stick to it. :bonk: At this point, I need a someone to just tell me what to eat and when to eat it! I'm starting the SlimFast plan tomorrow! I went by the store after work today and picked up what I need. Wish me luck! I got rid of all my fat clothes when I lost weight and I refuse to buy bigger stuff! :tantrum:

Andrea, do you have problems with fibro at your age? Used to be a malady of older people as well as chronic fatigue syndrome. I have read a lot of stuff on both of those things and the ranges of possible cures that go from diet to having the fillings in your teeth replaced.

Another toxin that can contaminate our system is eating from plastic containers that we microwave food in, like the Lean Cuisines and such. I've all but eliminated using those and definately do not eat from them.

Milk and beef are contaminated with so many growth hormones and antibiotics that we ingest when we eat or drink this stuff that you wouldn't believe it not to mention the vaccinations the animals have to have to ward off diseases and parasites. I know because we raised beef cattle for several years. You can imagine then if you eat beef from a cow that has been injected with something to stimulate it's gaining weight then you take that in to your body too. No wonder people are obese. The only way to go is vegetarian or with organically raised animals.

I'm not sure much of anything we can buy at the grocery store is free of contaminates anymore or hidden sugars to enhance the flavor. I actually feel better then I did a few years ago by just some diet adjustments. But I'm a work in progress. My goal is to be as healthy as I can. It takes work.

Delene

Yep,I have fibro at my age.And it runs in my family.I actually developed it probably in my late teens and was diagnosed when I was 24.That was mostly triggered by the stress of being yelled at during my marriage.I was under a huge amount of stress,which really made it very difficult to function during that part of my life.I'm actually functioning better now than I was during my marriage,a lack of stress really helps.I still get sore and foggy when I'm overly tired,but I pretty much get around alright,rarely have to have help now.I used to be on Lyrica but the side affects were really funky and I didn't like it,so I dropped it.SO...it's just me and my natural remedies...I rarely take any pain relievers.

I am with you on additives in food.I mostly eat organic,I am actually allergic to both milk and beef,so those 2 things are not even a part of my diet and have developed a sensativity to pesticides used on things like watermelons...which makes me very sad because I could not find an organic watermelon,guess I'll have to grow some next year.And I feel better.I went off of milk about 2 months ago.I had noticed when I ate it that my ears started itching and my sinuses became inflamed,I went off of it and I feel alot better now. I try to eat as seasonaly as I can and have been teaching the kids about what fruits and veg are in season.Earlier this year,I taught them to garden and grow their own.So,I am a bit of a health food foodie.I still like my pork cracklins and cakes but they are treats not everyday food.Also it's been easier health wise since I lost weight this year.I did that by simply cutting back portions(every portion is the size of my fist and no bigger) and eating more veg.Taking the extra weight off of my joints has helped...

Elissa, I can help when we have our Wednesday Gerry Day Out. Only salads from now on! LOL!

Sorry, Andi, I can't help with the fibro issues, but I wish you much luck with the treatments. I can't eat dairy without many Lactaid pills, so I understand some of the dietary restrictions. I'm also not supposed to have caffeine. Do you realize that means no chocolate??? To heck with that! I'll suffer!

I'm gonna be a mamma again! My children are giving me a puppy for Christmas! He is an 8 week old Bichon-Poo whom I have, of course, named Butler.

Posted Image Baby Butler

Butler's first bath. He did not approve!

Posted Image

Hello! I'm Butler!

Posted Image

Let me out or I'll pee on your keyboard!

Posted Image

My son and his family are fostering him until January to housebreak him and calm him a little. This will also protect pup from all the crazyness during the holidays at my house! He is, however, paying occasional visits to get Teeny used to him. So far, Teeny refuses to acknowledge the little varmint! My vet seems to think a young dog will help pep Teeny up in her old age....I know he'll pep ME up just trying to keep him out of trouble!

BTW: our Irish also has a dog named Butler and I asked her if she minded me giving my baby the same name as hers. She said it wouldn't be a problem and she can call my puppy B2! LOL!!

Hope everyone is doing OK and gearing up for Thanksgiving. Tight hugs to all!

Suzie