Gerard Butler GALS
heISmyGspot

8/8 - Butler's a Billion Dollar Hollywood Star!

I really dislike articles that write about an achievement then add it won't last. Gerry is doing great and will continue to do so because the critics don't buy the movie tickets. Not all of Gerry's movies are masterpieces but his movies are always entertaining. Critics should remember that most movies are only as good as the writing and direction. Gerry's performances are memorable and he usually steals the scenes. His romantic comedies are always being criticized and I am not sure why. They are romantic comedies not movies that we are to learn the meaning of life. They are just fun. So congratulations to Gerry on being a billion dollar man!

geara

Julia Roberts is to a certain extent in the same boat as Gerry, for the most part her films are not positively reviewed at all. Print and blog type critics tend to review the genre or type of movie rather then the movie itself. Romantic comedies are always badly reviewed, while action and horror movies are usually cut a lot of slack by critics and receive more positive reviews. They all just fall into a pattern of group think. I don't think they have anything against Gerard Butler but are often reacting to the hype and publicity surrounding the motion picture business. So it's nothing personal and the commentator in this article failed to separate the fact Gerry's movies make money from his opinion of Gerry's films.

I am so happy for Gerry! He has always been a billion dollar star to me! I don't think Gerry sits around counting his money. He is always on to the next big project! All the hard work has paid off!

I wish someone would alert Rotten Tomatoes on this information!! They've still got Gerry at having box office earnings of $988.9mil. They list TBH (down to 7%) as making $56mil, while Box Office Mojo has it at $67mil. (Worldwide $136mil!!) Since the production cost was only $40mil, how in the world can anyone call this movie "a flop"??? Like TUT, I thought it was a light-hearted, fun movie which was entertaining. Personally, I love to watch him in comedies, as much as his more dramatic roles! He's GREAT in everything!! It makes me crazy when the "critics??" say that he should stop making romantic comedies and that his career is going down!!!! Also, their favorite criticism is that he has NO chemistry with his co-star!!!! I, for one, beg to disagree!!! He has WONDERFUL chemistry with ALL of his co-stars!!!! IMHO :)

kneum

Lets hope MGP will bring nominations and that way they will give him the credit he is due. I think Scotland under-estimates one of their star actors. They really shouldn't try so hard to pan him when he helps tourism for Scotland. So Posted Image take that critic!

*snicker* Holly said meaty.

Yeah, and that made me have an image and i wont say it! :cunning:

Way to go Scotsman! Kick A** and take names!!!!! :pointy:

this isn't a very nice article, which we've established.

good for Gerry. he WILL last! :funnyup:

Ahhhh, critics.....

As my sainted Gran'ma used to say: Consider the source...

That said, honestly, I think Gerry is one of the greatest actors out there today with a range that is nothing short of astounding. Unlike Cruise and Pitt and a host of others, when watching Gerry, I don't see an actor playing a part, I see the character. Gerry has that rare gift of making a character his own and making the character believable. Look at the metamorphosis of his face in LAC when he sees Nick in front of the courthouse during the press conference. Sublime...absolutely sublime.

Bottom line: One does not get picked to work with some of the biggest names in the biz without being extremely good at what one does...

Ahhhh, critics.....

That said, honestly, I think Gerry is one of the greatest actors out there today with a range that is nothing short of astounding. Unlike Cruise and Pitt and a host of others, when watching Gerry, I don't see an actor playing a part, I see the character. Gerry has that rare gift of making a character his own and making the character believable. Look at the metamorphosis of his face in LAC when he sees Nick in front of the courthouse during the press conference. Sublime...absolutely sublime.

Bottom line: One does not get picked to work with some of the biggest names in the biz without being extremely good at what one does...

I agree. I noticed some time ago that my friends and family did not recognize his name but remembered very well the character that he played. Excellent actor.

Ahhhh, critics.....

I agree. I noticed some time ago that my friends and family did not recognize his name but remembered very well the character that he played. Excellent actor.

I agree...took me forever to realize who Gerry was. Loved his movies and never realized it was all the same guy until about a year ago!

With Gerry, he becomes the character, the character does not become him. With other actors, I see too much of the actor in movies today. It's like they play themselves over and over again. Gerry is not like that, which is why people are surprised to find out that it is Gerard Butler in many of the movies they have seen. He is the most versatile actor in Hollywood today. He can do it all!

~HUGS~ Kathy

Well, I don't care what the critics say That's their job. True some of the work he's done lately has a lot to be desired. Could it b he is working back to back so he can start "BURNS" I so want to see him in that and I understand it will take a lot of moolah, The scripts may be bad but he's getting paid. I think MGP will be an exceptional film. The last film I really cared for of Course was P>S> I LOVE You"

A CHick Flick but hey Hilary and Gerry did a great job..it was a great story :detect:

Hey everybody!!! I have not been on the site for a while. My Mom passed away last month after being very ill for quite a while. I decided I would get on and see what Gerry's been up to. Please tell me what MGP is? Is this a new movie coming out of his? I noticed he was going to be on Live with Regis and Kelly tomorrow, so I assume he is going to be talking about his latest venture....And as long as Gerry is making movies, I will be going to see them, no matter what they are :yeehaw: .............Tojo :wave:

Hey everybody!!! I have not been on the site for a while. My Mom passed away last month after being very ill for quite a while. I decided I would get on and see what Gerry's been up to. Please tell me what MGP is? Is this a new movie coming out of his? I noticed he was going to be on Live with Regis and Kelly tomorrow, so I assume he is going to be talking about his latest venture....And as long as Gerry is making movies, I will be going to see them, no matter what they are :yeehaw: .............Tojo :wave:

MGP is "Machine Gun Preacher", the story of the real Sam Childers. They filmed in Detroit and now they are in South Africa. Probably won't be out until late next year.

The Regis and Kelly show is a rerun. Its from when he was promoting Bounty Hunter.

Hope that helps.

Linda

Darn! I thought it was a new one,lol! Looks like i have not auto tune it..... :funnyup: