Gerard Butler GALS

8/27 - SAs 15 Minutes of Fame

heISmyGspot

Hello everybody from South Africa! no, I'm not Gerry -- or anywhere near him ... AS FAR AS I KNOW -- I have had a rough year to date, and have also moved to Cape Town. So lots of absence from GALS etc etc but am catching up today, and what do I read??? ***Gerry's in SA /?????*** where? how do I find out where they're shooting/staying/travelling etc etc?? We have our little GB fanclub here in CT (I used to stay here before) and we are all frantic trying to find out news. It seems to be very low key. I am on the net everyday, and not a word has been seen by me about his presence here. SO:: anybody got any info for me? What a chance just to see him from a distance.... it's all I ask ...

But please don't worry about Gerry's safety: things are not as bad in SA as is made out by the press. Look at the brilliant Soccer World Cup we put on: a wonderful success and it has left us SAns feeling so good about ourselves. Yes, there is a public servants' strike on at the moment: we have a democracy where it is allowed. As opposed to the bad old days...

And if I find out anything or OMG actually SEE the man you will all be the first to know!!!!

great big Gerry-hugs to you all

louise

:wave: lulu, I'm sorry hon but if you in SA don't know where he is.... :confused: we're a zillion miles away here....lol.

I guess SA isn't filled with pesky paparazzi like the states and Europe. And that is probably a good thing....but we are all suffering from Gerry withdrawal at the moment. :tissues:

hugs,

Sue

It's been a while since I have been here but I am so trying to keep busy and I would be missing all the wonderful news if it weren't for my Kathy. But I have a chance to be here for a moment and I want to say how wonderful the comments are about our Gerry. He truly is a fantastically humble man. I am sure his Mum has a lot to do with that, but still he is that kind of man inside himself anyway!! I love that part of him now as much as I did when I first saw him as Archie. He appeared even then as a real person, not full of himself now that he got a wonderful part in a movie with some really awesome names. He was then a Human man and he is even now more Human!! Gerry gets better and better as he ages. More handsome and more adorable and more awesome and actor. But I have loved him close on to 14 years and I have never stopped loving the beautiful, wonderful person he is. Gerry is so good for so many people and he doesn't even know it!!!

Hugs All,

:archie: 's Ocean GAL, Joanna

Louise, the latest news I heard is that the filming is

in Gauteng, SA. Know where that is? He started

on 8/23 and is supposed to be there for 5 to 6

weeks. They first said 2 to 3 months but it has

been revised. How close are you to Gauteng,

or Johanesburg? I hear he is spending time

there in some clubs, etc.

Let me know if you are near and may get

a chance to see or meet him. I hope you

do. He is such a great guy and chances to

meet him are slim.

Please keep us advised of any news. We are

in Gerry withdrawal here in the States.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

Moira you are awesome and I love it that Gerry is being his gracious and sweet self..Would we expect any less from our favorite Scot...(well besides you Moira...) :wuv:

M&M's get me everytime too..... :pointy:

Hugs Girlies!!!

Sparty

Dear Lord, :kisswink:

This is why I love being here.....or anywhere where we can talk about this incredibly awesome man. All these wonderful comments make me feel soooooo good!! I am soooo glad I have loved Gerry for so long and so much! He is more than worth the time. And it's never, ever an effort!!! That beautiful face with that to-die-for smile just makes me go weak in the knees!

And he still gives me goose bumps when I see him and listen to that adorable voice. I can catch an wee bit of accent every so often and it makes me shiver with delight!!! The man has it all and he doesn't even know it!! God bless him and keep him safe. Love Ya G-Man always and forever. :thud:

:archie: 's Ocean Gal Forever,

Joanna

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone! I'm just recuperating from working eleven straight days at the Toronto International Film Festival - sans Gerry... :tissues::fook: I was soooo hoping he would transport himself to Toronto but alas, SA isn't around the corner...sigh. :flee:

Thank you for sharing the great article about Gerry's experience and influence on the people of South Africa. Gerry is unlike anyone else in the world, which is why we love him so much. This charismatic man has the power to move mountains just with a smile or that playful twinkle in his eye. The people of South Africa are indeed blessed with his presence. I only hope they let him go. :hmm:

Hello everybody from South Africa! no, I'm not Gerry -- or anywhere near him ... AS FAR AS I KNOW -- I have had a rough year to date, and have also moved to Cape Town. So lots of absence from GALS etc etc but am catching up today, and what do I read??? ***Gerry's in SA /?????*** where? how do I find out where they're shooting/staying/travelling etc etc?? We have our little GB fanclub here in CT (I used to stay here before) and we are all frantic trying to find out news. It seems to be very low key. I am on the net everyday, and not a word has been seen by me about his presence here. SO:: anybody got any info for me? What a chance just to see him from a distance.... it's all I ask ...

But please don't worry about Gerry's safety: things are not as bad in SA as is made out by the press. Look at the brilliant Soccer World Cup we put on: a wonderful success and it has left us SAns feeling so good about ourselves. Yes, there is a public servants' strike on at the moment: we have a democracy where it is allowed. As opposed to the bad old days...

And if I find out anything or OMG actually SEE the man you will all be the first to know!!!!

great big Gerry-hugs to you all

louise

Hi Lulu-the-Zulu! All I've seen is a picture of Gerry In Heat magazine where somebody spotted him in a club in Sandton, Jhb.(Gauteng). I have posted mail to various magazine to ask for an interview with Gerry while he's in SA, but they're obviously NOT Gerry fans/addicts like us!!! I so wish they would let slip where they are filming. I live about 200 km from Joburg, but hey, I would fly to Cape Town to see him! It is so frustrating knowing he's near( probably the nearest I will get to him!) and not getting to see or read anything! Please keep trying!

Greetings

Janita

Hi Lulu-the-Zulu! All I've seen is a picture of Gerry In Heat magazine where somebody spotted him in a club in Sandton, Jhb.(Gauteng). I have posted mail to various magazine to ask for an interview with Gerry while he's in SA, but they're obviously NOT Gerry fans/addicts like us!!! I so wish they would let slip where they are filming. I live about 200 km from Joburg, but hey, I would fly to Cape Town to see him! It is so frustrating knowing he's near( probably the nearest I will get to him!) and not getting to see or read anything! Please keep trying!

Greetings

Janita

Janita, I get the feeling it's not the fault of the magazines, etc. I've gotten the feeling throughout the entire filming that Gerry has possibly made the choice to not be interviewed. We haven't had ANY interviews since March or just after (at least it feels that way). There's only one more week of filming; according to reports of crew members filming ends October 2nd so I would believe SA won't be getting any personal interviews with Gerry, Michelle or anyone else from the set. This is all a guess, but I'm thinking a pretty good one.

Lisa

Edited by phoenixgirl

I can see him not wanting to give interviews. This is some very intense filming, and serious work he is doing over there. The distraction would be unwelcome for all of them, I'm sure.

Thank goodness it's almost over x.x Whoo Hoo. Hope he doesn't take another HUGE vacation away from the states! It's too Gerry quiet, lol.

Bonnie

I can see him not wanting to give interviews. This is some very intense filming, and serious work he is doing over there. The distraction would be unwelcome for all of them, I'm sure.

Thank goodness it's almost over x.x Whoo Hoo. Hope he doesn't take another HUGE vacation away from the states! It's too Gerry quiet, lol.

Bonnie

First, your siggie. :thud: (had to get the shallow comment out of the way)

Anyway, there was an article out today that said Gerry declined to take pictures with fans over the weekend (while he was out and about in JoBurg) becuase "if I say yes to you then I have to say yes to everyone. I want to have fun" (this is my paraphrase of the quote from the article). I think Gerry is trying to keep a low profile right now and focus on his job. Can't blame him for that. :) I have a feeling his performance will show his absolute commitment. Not that he hasn't done it before, but this time it seems like he's not allowing any outside distractions. I have a feeling the filming in SA has been intense. One of the extras Tweeted a picture of herself with her prosthetic on (distorted face/mouth) and it was horrific to see and she was in the make up room! I can't imagine what this film is going to be like to watch. So, I have to say, that I do not blame Gerry one tiny bit for wanting to keep his focus on his job, and then having fun on his weekends off.

I so can't wait for this movie!!!

Lisa

Edited by phoenixgirl

I know this movie will probably be intense given the subject matter. I for one am glad we haven't seen to much from it. The past few movies he's done we've been so overloaded with clips, pictures, ect. that by the time the movie comes out we've seen so much of it already.

I'm also glad G isn't being hounded by the press. It's a nice break for him to be able to concentrate on his work.

Now saying that, there's still more to be filmed in Pennsylvania. So maybe he'll still get hounded once he's back on US soil, I hope not.

This is one movie I truely can't wait to see. With Marc Forster directing Gerry it will be something to see!!

Cheryl

Monster's Ball which Marc Forster directed a few years ago was on tv this weekend and I thought it was great. Here's hoping we can get some Oscar buzz and wins for MGP(Best Picture, Director, Actor and Supporting Actress) :D