Gerard Butler GALS

9/23 - Gerry Has Gone All Leprechaun

http://www.thescotti...leprechaun.html

MOVIE hunk Gerard Butler is a picture of elf - as a ginger-bearded LEPRECHAUN.

The Scots actor plays the foul-mouthed Irish fairy in a new fantasy flick, for which he will be digitally shrunk.

He was snapped on the set of the as yet untitled film - the brainchild of There's Something About Mary director Peter Farrelly. The flick features an all-star cast including Hugh Jackman, Kate Winslet and Naomi Watts.

Bounty Hunter star Butler's character Chaun regularly lets rip with a stream of x-rated insults.

And he gets kidnapped by Jackass star Johnny Knoxville and American Pie actor Seann William Scott's bad guy characters - who want to steal his pot of gold.

The pictures of Glasgow-born Butler decked out in costume appeared on the web yesterday.

Much of the movie is being shot on a "green screen" - with Butler's head being put onto a digital image of the little character. He recently said of Chaun: "I play the most perverse, disturbing, disgusting, foul-mouthed leprechaun you could ever imagine.

"I've been kidnapped by Knoxville and Scott so they can get their pot of gold. They don't realise what they've bargained for. It's very funny - it's insane."

Butler's character Chaun regularly lets rip with a stream of x-rated insults.

I play the most perverse, disturbing, disgusting, foul-mouthed leprechaun you could ever imagine.

:funnyup: :hmm: Hmmm...sounds like type casting to me eh? Who better to play this part but a mischievous sometimes foul mouthed part Irish part Scottish hunk? Yep Gerry is ripe for this role indeed! Can't wait to see it; and hear it too.. :bonk:

Oooooo...thanks for that link Mo!

Like May, I think that Gerry's a perfect choice. A "perverse, disturbing, disgusting, foul-mouthed leprechaun" with Gerry's face...yeah baby! :poof:

Well Suzie.....I don't think this will be our "usual" Gerry, but no matter what, it will still be his eyes! :)

I have a feeling this will be hysterical. I can't wait to see what he looks like in full leprachaun form. Will it beat the sight of Milo coming around the corner in his striped shorts, because that was so funny and definitely not Gerry.......or Milo really.

I wish we knew when this movie was being released. I know it's a small part, but something's better than nothing. We were really spoiled with so many releases last year. I guess we expect Coriolanus early next year and MGP possibly in September.

Ren

:funnyup: I will miss those delicious long legs though...sigh :yummy: But as long as he keeps his rough and sexy deep voice and you KNOW he will be using his naughty look which makes me knees tremble so they do... :bonk:

Well Suzie.....I don't think this will be our "usual" Gerry, but no matter what, it will still be his eyes! :)

I have a feeling this will be hysterical. I can't wait to see what he looks like in full leprachaun form. Will it beat the sight of Milo coming around the corner in his striped shorts, because that was so funny and definitely not Gerry.......or Milo really.

I wish we knew when this movie was being released. I know it's a small part, but something's better than nothing. We were really spoiled with so many releases last year. I guess we expect Coriolanus early next year and MGP possibly in September.

Ren

I totally agree, Ren. I can't wait to see Gerry in this role. I'm not a huge Farrelly Bros fan, but knowing Gerry like we do I think the fact that he's a foul-mouthed anything will be awesome. LOL It'll be hilarious to see what kind of body they put his head on. :lol: Just the thoughts that are going through my head are cracking me up.

We were SOOO spoiled!!!! Geez. Especially those of us who were at all the premieres. Giving up drugs was easier than this!!! :bleh:

I'm also wondering when the picture with Johnny Depp, etc., about them looking for some guy's ashes (or something like that) will be coming out?

And what does he have in the works next? I'm assuming Slide, but we've heard nothing. I know he 's crazy busy with MGP but we usually at least know what's coming up next. SIGH. Time will tell. :)

Lisa

Edited by phoenixgirl

Lisa, I believe the movie you're referring too is called In Search of Ted Demme. I expect that to be something very brief, as himself. I know Richard LaGravenese mentioned in an interview I saw that the urn in PSILY was Ted Demme's. I know I mentioned this somewhere else, but I wasn't sure if he meant literally or if he meant it was duplicated. Looking at the trailer, I guess that's actually a possibility.

I'm always wondering what's next in the pipeline, too, but time will tell.

I still need to replace my Gamer BluRay. I swear I didn't overplay it! :)

Ren

Last I heard, Cariolanus still hasn't found an American distributor. If it doesn't, it's gonna be like B&G! :tantrum:

Suzie

I really am surprised considering it's Gerry and Ralph and a modern day take on things.

Moira

I'm not. American movie distributors think we're too stupid to enjoy something like Shakespeare (or RocknRolla). Pisses me off. It BETTER be in American theaters!

I really am surprised considering it's Gerry and Ralph and a modern day take on things.

Moira

I'm not. American movie distributors think we're too stupid to enjoy something like Shakespeare (or RocknRolla). Pisses me off. It BETTER be in American theaters!

I am American, also. And I am not surprised either.

The sad thing is that the American movie distributors are correct... most Americans would not elect to see Coriolanus.

It's ashame, but true.

:erik: Erik's Ebony Eyes :phantom:

I think Coriolanus should be mandatory viewing for

all high school English students and possibly all

first year college English students. They won't

read the play, I'm sure, not in this day and age.

We were forced to read Beowulf in senior English

and freshman college English. I have to admit,

I never enjoyed Beowulf until B&G with Gerry.

I'm hoping that Gerry's fame will sell Coriolanus

in the States. I'm hoping it will be a roaring

success.

If not, I'll just buy it on DVD. I'm sure we will

have access to it that way, but I hate to

deprive the rest of the nation of a fine performance

and a little bit of culture.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

I think Coriolanus should be mandatory viewing for

all high school English students and possibly all

first year college English students. They won't

read the play, I'm sure, not in this day and age.

We were forced to read Beowulf in senior English

and freshman college English. I have to admit,

I never enjoyed Beowulf until B&G with Gerry.

I'm hoping that Gerry's fame will sell Coriolanus

in the States. I'm hoping it will be a roaring

success.

If not, I'll just buy it on DVD. I'm sure we will

have access to it that way, but I hate to

deprive the rest of the nation of a fine performance

and a little bit of culture.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

Since we haven't seen it yet, I wouldn't go that far just yet. LOL It could be too violent for schools (or whatever). Right now, HS students in California are exposed to Romeo & Juliet and Hamlet. I think Coriolanus is one of the tougher plays to read for an adult, and as a high school teacher I think it would be torture for those poor kids. LOL

Edited by phoenixgirl

That was the main reason I suggested that the movie

be mandatory. They will never read it, even if they should

become Shakespearean fans. I can't read it now, and I'm

long out of college. I bought the book when I heard about

the movie and still can't read it. OK, I probably could, but

I won't invest the time because it is a HARD read, even

for me, so I suggest they see the movie. I'm sure it will

be enjoyable, because of Gerry, so that everyone will

have a great time seeing the movie and it will be

a novel way to learn the play.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

What happened tot he post about the accidental

death of the MGP crew member?

I can't find any trace of it.

Is there any more news about who this was or

what his job was?

I'm sure Gerry is devestated. He always gets

to know the crews on his films. I can't find

any info on this anywhere else. Can someone

please provide a link.

Sandy

Here you go Sandy: http://www.gerardbut...showtopic=34033 It's in the prayers thread. :)

Girl, if Coriolanus is difficult for many of us adults, I sure wouldn't want to force my students to read it. :lol: Oy especially MY students.

I miss him. At this point I'd take more pictures of him all Leprechaun'd out. LOL Something! :whoa:

Lisa

Edited by phoenixgirl