Gerard Butler GALS

10/1 - Gerard Butler to Bid Farewell to SA

framolamdu

Thanks Moira...was there a video to go with the article? I didn't get it. Wonder where Gerry will be off to next and more importantly, do you think he'll get a haircut and shave? Hope he doesn't cut the hair too much shorter.

Posted Image

Marg I see the video thing, too, but there's nothing to play. I wonder if they just put that on all their stories? Who knows.

I'm also glad he'll hopefully be coming back to the States. I'm really happy he was away from the paparazzo, etc., but I'm human (most of the time) and would love to see some stills or set pics soon. I'm actually hoping for an interview about MGP from Gerry. :)

Thanks, Moira!

Lisa

Nice to have someone 6hrs ahead of most of us posting interesting news to sample while having coffee at my desk! WOOT! WTG, Mo! Thanks for the morsel.

Does this mean MGP is almost done filming?

April

I believe it finishes this weekend.

No problem Holly had just come back from the surgery when I noticed it on google alert.

With MGP being about a year off I think there is a good chance any on set interviews/pics possibly will surface to co-incide with the film's release.

Moira

Marg I see the video thing, too, but there's nothing to play. I wonder if they just put that on all their stories? Who knows.

I'm also glad he'll hopefully be coming back to the States. I'm really happy he was away from the paparazzo, etc., but I'm human (most of the time) and would love to see some stills or set pics soon. I'm actually hoping for an interview about MGP from Gerry. :)

Thanks, Moira!

Lisa

Thanks Mo.

Lisa, I am glad to know that you are "most of the time" human. :lol:

I don't want him to be harassed either, but selfishly I would like some pictures with his hair longer. We don't get that opportunity very often. I always like his hair, but it's just rarely this long anymore. Love it when it's starting to curl. It looks reeaallly good.

Ren

Good to hear Gerry is finished with MGP. That filming seemed to go on forever. Coriolanus was filmed so quickly you would have thought they were making a commercial instead of a movie. I hope Gerry takes a nice long vacation from what had to be a tough movie to film. Maybe Colorado Gerry????? YES, I would like to see more pictures of Gerry in his longer hair before it gets cut.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Thanks Moira...was there a video to go with the article? I didn't get it. Wonder where Gerry will be off to next and more importantly, do you think he'll get a haircut and shave? Hope he doesn't cut the hair too much shorter.

Posted Image

i hope so too dragon slayer not the hair gerry leave it as it is tehe :kisswink:

Hope Gerry had a great time in South Africa! I wish that we were going to see the completed film sooner than September 2011. I keep hoping for some expedited post-production that will have it popping into theatres early next year or something! I hate to wait...

I'm with you Lisa, would love to see some set pics, stills, or an interview! I'd love to hear his take on the project before we get to see the finished product!

Steph

Wow! He is on his way home already????????

Not much news gleaned from the South African portion of filming.

In any case... will be glad when he returns to USA!

:erik: Erik's Ebony Eyes :phantom:

More news about him going then him being here lol.

My thoughts exactly! Has everybody in SA been asleep (not you, Mary!) and they've just woken up just to realise Gerry's leaving? I don't mean they should have interfered with the filming schedule or annoy Gerry or the crew, but a short update and a few photos now and then would have been nice! Hope this terrible Gerry news drought comes to an end soon!

As for the hair, I'm with you, sweetface, I'm not ready for the greys either! And I think the shorter hair is more becoming, sorry to all the Gals who prefer him with his curls!

Thanks for the article, Moira!

Chris

I think the general consensus is that we just need some more Gerry juice. I know I feel like I'm starvin'! :whiteflag:

:yummy: I too need Gerry Juice and lots of pics. It has been such a dry spell w/o seeing or hearing of our GB :wave:

We all agree, we all need GERRY JUICE. It

has been a long, dry spell, and I for one don't

need these spells. I'm glad he is on his way

home, at least I hope he is on his way home.

He needs to go somewhere where he can

relax and chill out.

I know this has been a trying film for him,

knowing that he is referring to real life

trial and tribulation for these children,

and then losing a crew member had

to be devastating for him.

I want to see him somewhere relaxed

and relieved to be through with this

much of it. I think there is still more filiming

to do in PA. Maybe we will hear from him

there.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

We all agree, we all need GERRY JUICE. It

has been a long, dry spell, and I for one don't

need these spells. I'm glad he is on his way

home, at least I hope he is on his way home.

He needs to go somewhere where he can

relax and chill out.

I know this has been a trying film for him,

knowing that he is referring to real life

trial and tribulation for these children,

and then losing a crew member had

to be devastating for him.

I want to see him somewhere relaxed

and relieved to be through with this

much of it. I think there is still more filiming

to do in PA. Maybe we will hear from him

there.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

The movie wrapped during the evening of 2nd October, so there won't be any more filming. It now goes into the editing process.

I heard that the movie wrapped in SA on 10/2 but that

there was still filming to do in PA. Don't know how reliable

the source was.

If filming completely wrapped today, why is it taking so

long to get to theaters? I know they want to be fresh

in minds for the Oscars next year, but isn't it unusual for

a film to take so long to get to the theaters after filming

is completed, especially when they already have a

distributor?

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

I don't think it will be taking long to get into the theaters. The scheduled opening is for Sept. 2011. It usually takes about a year when a film has wrapped to get into the theaters. LAC and BH were both pushed ahead. LAC was not something that Gerry wanted. The shooting is done in the two locations, Detroit and SA, according to schedule. We all want to see Gerry sooner in the movies, but I'd rather time was taken to do a good editing job. Personally, I think we may see the premiere at TIFF next September.

Posted ImagePosted Image

It must be difficult to always be leaving for home or to make another picture. The bonds we create are cut short, but hopefully the people and places always remain in our hearts and memories... at least one would hope so. It's all about the fantastic ride through the Universe anyhow... & do we ever loose the reality we experience ? ... some would say not. Kind of like the "you are what you eat thing".Beautiful Africa will always remain for, Gerry .

Edited by planetwalkers