Gerard Butler GALS
framolamdu

10/1 - Gerard Butler to Bid Farewell to SA

I've been out of things so long, wow, have alot of catching up to do.

I don't think it will be taking long to get into the theaters. The scheduled opening is for Sept. 2011. It usually takes about a year when a film has wrapped to get into the theaters. LAC and BH were both pushed ahead. LAC was not something that Gerry wanted. The shooting is done in the two locations, Detroit and SA, according to schedule. We all want to see Gerry sooner in the movies, but I'd rather time was taken to do a good editing job. Personally, I think we may see the premiere at TIFF next September.

Posted ImagePosted Image

What do you mean by that? I'm pretty sure he wanted to do LAC. When I spoke to him last July (not the one that just past, the one before it), he mentioned he was surprised at the advanced opening (originally March, he told us February, then it actually opened in October), but other than that I know he wanted to get LAC done and is very proud of it.

Sandy, the filming in PA is probably the reality series, not the movie. Hopefully Gerry is done and he can rest for a while now. :)

Lisa

I guess I didn't make myself clear...LAC coming out in the theaters early was not something Gerry wanted. But he was only one of the producers and didn't make the final decision. It was supposed to come out in March 2010 and then February and we were just as surprised as him that it was moved up to October. Of course I know he wanted to do LAC...it was the first production from Evil Twins after all...

Posted Image

I guess I didn't make myself clear...LAC coming out in the theaters early was not something Gerry wanted. But he was only one of the producers and didn't make the final decision. It was supposed to come out in March 2010 and then February and we were just as surprised as him that it was moved up to October. Of course I know he wanted to do LAC...it was the first production from Evil Twins after all...

Posted Image

OK Marg - I figured you mistyped! :lol: Yes, he was surprised, and I think he mentioned the studio had more control over when it was released than he as a producer. I have to say I personally think it was a mistake becuase it was shoved in the middle of many of his other films it wasn't looked at like everyone was hoping and should have been.

I hope they don't just shove MGP out in theaters just to get it out there in time for awards. I hope it's thought through a bit more, and the studios, producers, distributors, etc. do right by this movie.

Lisa

I hope so too. I think they wanted LAC out for awards review and

hurried it to much. It became just another GB movie and was

treated as such. In my humble opinion it was the best acted

movie of the year, and the way the content was handled was

indeed unique. It should have won something, and yet we

were still yet disappointed with it being passed over.

Sometimes I think it was just because Gerry is Scottish.

Maybe that has changed now. He is revered as an A-lister

and hopefully his work will be treated as every other

A-lister's is treated.

I'm glad this project is finished and he can get his head

wrapped around something not so devastating.

I have a feeling this subject matter will haunt him for a

long time, if he ever gets over it.

Love him absolutely,

Sandly

I think Gerry should've been nominated and won the Oscar for his role in Law Abiding Citizen. It was way better (IMO) than Jeff Bridges in Crazy Heart(which I do think is his best role). Gerry should at least had been nominated for Dear Frankie and 300. Most action/special effects movies have terrible acting, but 300 was different by a long shot. All the actors did a brilliant job and should've been gotten award recognition.