Gerard Butler GALS
heISmyGspot

10/4 Gerry Spotted in Cape Town

The actor, known for box office hits such as The Bounty Hunter and Law Abiding Citizen, has been filming a new movie in Johannesburg for several weeks now and is in Cape Town for a break as well as to party at some of the city's top night spots, such as Cafe Caprice (in Camps Bay) and The Fez...

Check out the the rest of the blog and the pix at www.claytonmorar.com

Our beloved "c**k hat" is back. :woo:

I don't see long hair under that beloved hat.

Was this actually taken on the 4th?

I wonder how much longer he will stay in SA.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

I don't see long hair under that beloved hat.

Was this actually taken on the 4th?

I wonder how much longer he will stay in SA.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

I've contacted the blogger regarding timing. He replied, "Yes this was taken last night. he's still in Cape Town. friends of mine spotted him tonight having dinner in Camps Bay. I heard from sources he is scheduled to leave Cape Town tomorrow."

It's good to see stalking is alive and well in South Africa and for once it ain't us ladees :rotflmao:

Moira

So nice to see some recent pics though he looks so tired... Poor boy :-(

He needs a nice hot bubble bath and a massage ;-) I'm sure he'll get lots if offers ;-)

Looks like he's got a bit of sun. Adore the "co*k" hat.....it's so him! I agree that he looks a bit tired and in need of a break perhaps. Still sexy as ever though! :wuv:

Are you all aware that it glows in the dark??

Delene

I forgot to say that it has to be out in the sunlight for a while though.

Edited by GBPhanatic

It's good to see stalking is alive and well in South Africa and for once it ain't us ladees :rotflmao:

Moira

Seriously. This guy is no better than Perez Hilton.

I don't think he goes anywhere without the hat. It's his trademark now. :lol: I saw a couple of pics of him in SA with him wearing it, I believe. Twit Pics. :)

It really is the same as him wearing his Scorpio ring, ya know?

It's the equivalent of his birth sign in China.

I think it suits him very well. He certainly is the king of the

barnyard where women are concerned. A little publicity never

hurt any endeavor.

I do so hope he got to see a real live baby elephant while he

was there. I thought we would hear that he and Halle were

staying to go on safari.

I hope he has a break and enjoys himself before diving into

his next project.

I still pray he will get to Burns soon.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

Are you all aware that it glows in the dark??

Delene

I forgot to say that it has to be out in the sunlight for a while though.

What part of it glows in the dark?

I'll bet it has been a real conversation starter in SA.

Leave it to our GerBear.

Sandy

Edited by shirsan

It's so good to see him alive, well and having fun! Hurry home, Gerry - hurry home.

BlueJean

It really is the same as him wearing his Scorpio ring, ya know?

It's the equivalent of his birth sign in China.

I think it suits him very well. He certainly is the king of the

barnyard where women are concerned. A little publicity never

hurt any endeavor.

I do so hope he got to see a real live baby elephant while he

was there. I thought we would hear that he and Halle were

staying to go on safari.

I hope he has a break and enjoys himself before diving into

his next project.

I still pray he will get to Burns soon.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

Sandy, the ring was a horse. :)

Yeah it would have been great if he was able to get to Kenya. Did we hear his buddy Halle (not Ms. Berry) was with him? I know Dr. Arnot's son was with him (can't remember his first name). Anyway, it would have been nice for him to see more of Africa, so maybe one day he'll go back and get to do the safari thing. :)

Lisa

It's good to see stalking is alive and well in South Africa and for once it ain't us ladees Posted Image

Moira

You said it Moira...this guy was surreptitiously taking pics of Gerry, talk about intrusion of privacy! He's no better than Hugh E from Philly.Posted Image

It's good to see stalking is alive and well in South Africa and for once it ain't us ladees Posted Image

Moira

You said it Moira...this guy was surreptitiously taking pics of Gerry, talk about intrusion of privacy! He's no better than Hugh E from Philly.Posted Image

Sorry, I haven't posted, because I really didn't like the manner that was used to obtain these photographs. In my opinion he was essentially stalking Gerry. He admittedly watched him for hours & gives the impression that he took many more photos than were posted. To me this is much worse than the paparazzi that are openly following you around, which I'm sure is very irritating. Here he is unaware & his guard is down.

I just don't like it.

Edited by Rendita

Sure he said some nice things about Gerry but it has surprised me how persistent he was. Yes he was obviously a fan so it was probably annoying getting the initial knock back for no pic - if he does for one he has to oblige all - to then see Gerry obliging alot of young ladies :lmao: but I wonder how obliging Gerry would have been to give in like he did if he knew he was secretly being photographed in what he'd possibly deem private moments.

I have also never seen such self promotion in a long time as it seemed every other tweet yesterday was him contacting every entertainment outlet there is trying to get his story out there.

I can honestly say that neither I or any fan I have gone to Gerry related things with have been as relentless in their quest for a photo as this guy.

Moira

He's doing it today as well, Moira.

Some guy finally tweeted back "Dude, we get it. You partied w/ Gerard Butler"

He's just been relentlessly posting & reposting.

Ren

I don't think the guy did anything wrong, really. He spoke kindly and respectfully of Gerry and first approached Gerry and asked for permission and then respected his wishes. He only resorted to taking pics with his cell after he spotted Gerry allowing the girls to do it and I'm sure many other people do this too. We live in a high tech age now so anyone can take your pic without you knowing it, whether it's morally right or wrong, there's nothing illegal about it and the guy did eventually get his permission and since he probably did take more pics then we saw, these may be the ones he got permission to post from Gerry.

Maybe Gerry was concerned at first because of the kind of camera the guy had and thought he was tabloid reporter/paparazzi. I think the guy is a fan really and he at least asked permission and eventually Gerry gave in. Gerry's a good guy and I appreciate when he doesn't want to be photographed.

I think Gerry allows cell phone pics because they are less likely to wind up in the tabs maybe. I know he doesn't like to be photographed when he's out and about in clubs.

I find it funny how Gerry reportedly seemed annoyed by the females who were "throwing themselves" at him. But then some say Gerry was "hitting" on women. Really I don't think Gerry would ever have to hit on any woman and always find this difficult to believe. Just like the people who will report he's drinking or is drunk. We all know better.

I have noticed that some have said Gerry doesn't appear as tall as they expected him to be. I've noticed, too, that he does seem to "slump" a bit or duck down sometimes. Maybe he does that in some unconscious manner to avoid being recognized. How can you miss that cap anyway? Like we said, it's his trademark.

"Gerry, stand up straight! We see you!"

His other signature pieces are the horse ring, which I love, and the Colorado Buffs t shirt which he wears about every other day so that thing's going to be down to it's last fibers soon!

Now, the bit about him standing on a chair dancing? Did I read that part right? Gerry-a-go-go! :D

What I find interesting is how many thought that guy in Philly was OK who hounded him when he was filming there. What I hate worse then Gerry getting bugged by a photog when he doesn't know it is when one is told NOT to take photos then disses him because of it on his blog, [*coughHughE*]. This guy is wonderful in comparison.

I'm sure that we would not post anything here that was deemed inappropriately acquired. We can complain all day long about the manner inwhich some photos were taken, but it doesn't stop anyone from viewing them. :rotflmao:

Delene

Sure he said some nice things about Gerry but it has surprised me how persistent he was. Yes he was obviously a fan so it was probably annoying getting the initial knock back for no pic - if he does for one he has to oblige all - to then see Gerry obliging alot of young ladies Posted Image but I wonder how obliging Gerry would have been to give in like he did if he knew he was secretly being photographed in what he'd possibly deem private moments.

I have also never seen such self promotion in a long time as it seemed every other tweet yesterday was him contacting every entertainment outlet there is trying to get his story out there.

I can honestly say that neither I or any fan I have gone to Gerry related things with have been as relentless in their quest for a photo as this guy.

Moira

Amen Moira! There were more pics that this guy had taken with his cell phone and posted. The reason I saw them is because I received them in a Google Alert. And just so you know, I never was OK with Hugh E in Philly, all he did was make up a bunch of lies about Gerry to get even with Gerry not letting him take his picture. And look what this guy is doing, continually commenting to make himself seem important. He admits he's a stalker...I don't believe he had permission to post the cell phone pics, he finally begged and pleaded to get Gerry to take a pic with him. They're all alike...you see these guys everywhere.

Posted Image

Edited by Dragon Slayer

Why don't we lighten up a bit? :-) This guy has written one of the best reports about Gerry ever. In spite of many other bloggers or the gutter press often being nasty, this guy gave a very honest account and a great image of G. Kind, polite, not drinking, even coming off as not being the womaniser a lot of the press makes him out to be. We got a very human account about G and I really don't see G's privacy having been invaded. Gerry knows how to protect himself and he would have if this guy had really stepped out of line. Why is this guy any worse than all those women at the club throwing themselves at G just because he is Gerard Butler - Hollywood A-lister? Things got so bad with those women, that Gerry, Gerry of all people, was annoyed about it! :-)

If we are honest to ourselves, I am sure most people here or on any other GB site enjoyed this report.

If you are a fan, and this guy admits to be one, you are likely to go into a strange and possibly obsessive frame of mind if Gerry is around. So I am not surprised that he tried for a photo twice. I know from experience that I was disappointed when G refused to have his photo taken with a couple of Gals and myself at the London TBH premiere because as he said there were still a lot of people he had to greet and did not have time. I convinced myself to be understanding, he must have been freezing as well. But imagine how I felt when just a couple of fans down the line he started taking photos with fans again... It's not so much the photo, it's the notion that he didn't give us this half minute it would have taken, but he changed his mind a couple of metres down the line. This blogger only asked for the photo again when he saw G was doing photos with other people. So let's not be so harsh.

As for telling the whole world about it, sure we wouldn't, but to each itw own, right? I'm glad he did. :-)

Theresa

P.S. To be fair about the TBH premiere, I did get an autograph so in retrospect I am grateful and happy, but I told you my story to show you how your emotions go on a whirlwind at that moment so don't judge the guy as if he were under normal circumstances.

I'm not sure why anyone would deem being out in a public club "private" moments. If anyone, celebrity or not, want to do anything they don't want anyone to know about or see, there are plenty of ways to do that out of the public eye, like private parties, or going to private clubs. Whatever the case may be.

I think Gerry is aware that he is probably being photographed via cellphones and such when he's out and about. I've seen him doing it so I don't think he minds and I believe he probably loves the attention anyway. He's not stupid nor would he expect any club's clientele to leave their iphones at the door just because he's there. And like has been said, there are vip rooms that are protected by bouncers and the like to keep people from bothering vips, such as Gerry when he so chooses.

I just don't think he wants to be a vip all the time and if he didn't want to be photographed at all, he knows better then to be out in a public place. I think he actually likes being out being a normal guy sometimes and probably sometimes likes being treated like a vip and maybe all in the same night!

So I find it difficult to feel sorry for him if he's expecting his privacy patronizing one of these public clubs but I don't think he does expect it. Aren't their private clubs out there he could go other than where the more common folk go? I think he's more concerned about people, maybe in particular he's a bit gender biased here, taking his picture to sell it on ebay, tabs, etc. That would bug me more then anything else.

Hughy baby blogged about trying to sell pics he took of Gerry to several media outlets and then made derrogatory remarks about the reason no one paid him for any was because they weren't interested in the subject matter (we all know how ridiculous that is) and it's all because Gerry saw through him and wouldn't let him take any. He's worse then a regular paparazzi in that he's trying to hide it with an aire of respectability, which makes him the worse kind of paparazzi to me. And he wasn't difficult to see through.

This guy, at the very least, calls himself "stalker" because he's making light of it. Real stalkers don't admit that they are.

I don't blame Gerry for discouraging guys with big cameras taking pics of him then allowing fans/girls to take them with their personal gadgets. He could open the flood gates for a pap to photograph him all night long. He didn't know who that guy was. It's different to hold a cell phone out and take a pic of you and Gerry together versus some photog who snaps away, flashing all night, disturbing the other patrons and catching you perhaps in some weird instant that looks like a compromising position. Those guys are good at that, you know.

When Gerry lets his hair down, I can imagine he might be more concerned about taking a bad picture versus when he's dressed up at an awards red carpet or premiere maybe. When the guy mentioned he thought Gerry was a bit shy, he was probably more accurate then he realized. I do think Gerry is shy sometimes. It's an adorable and endearing quality in a man....and what a man!

I have to believe that if Gerry ever didn't want any photographs being taken of him at all, he knows how to avoid them and even then if they show up, I believe he can request they be removed if they show up on the internet in somebody's blog. Most people would honor that I believe. I know I would if a powerful, popular Hollywood figure asked me nicely, I wouldn't try to go up against him. He has more money and better lawyers, I'm sure.

Delene

Good post, by the way, Theresa

Edited by GBPhanatic

Ah well we can't all agree and when do we ever Delene :rotflmao: I guess we are so starved for pics we're at the anything goes stage :lmao:

Moira

What's that old saying, "we'd complain if we were whipped with a new rope!" or something to that affect. It's what happens when you toss one dog biscuit in to the pack. Someone's going to get it and some ain't but for certain there will most likely be fur a flyin'. :kisswink::funnyup:

Delene

By any means necessary, huh?

Luckily there are new pics out today. Sending them to a Mod for approval. These weren't "ill-gotten."

Lisa

I read your story of the BH premiere in London, Theresa. We have found out through our experiences that you have to decide what to ask Gerry for in the 3 seconds that he greets you. It could be a hug, a picture or an autograph, but not all three. He does have a time limit with the fans and it goes very quickly. I can understand if you got an autograph he felt that was probably enough and he had others to see. This has been my experience...

Posted Image