Gerard Butler GALS
GBPhanatic

Gerry behind and in front of the camera

I got to thinking the other day about something when I heard that Gerry's and Alan's production company, Evil Twins, will be taking on some projects where Gerry is not acting. It made me stop and wonder if Gerry has the thought in his mind that, with all things Hollywood, actors have a shelf life, particularly as they get older and other jobs in the business have more longevity and may be just as rewarding.

So, if Gerry loves the business of making films, he might be thinking about getting more behind the camera then in front of it.

So, do you think Gerry is prepping to step back from acting, maybe for just a while, cut back and do more things behind the scenes or do you think he's just doing what Gerry seems to do and that is tasting all aspects of the business? Gerry has always seemed to be the kind of person who is like a kid in a candy store when it comes to life, work and play.

Do you think he'd ever direct? I think he could.

Personally, I think it's smart to be a multitasker, so to speak.

What are your thoughts?

Delene

Gerry's a very driven, well educated man. I think it's in his nature to go for it.

Whether it's acting, producing, directing, writing...he seems to embrace it all.

I can see him wanting to be involved in all aspects of the business. I thinks it's very smart of him to do so.

Men seem to have a longer shelf life than woman do as far as acting goes, but we all get older and need to look to our futures.

I think Gerry just likes to expand his horizons in what ever he does.

Cheryl

There is no shelf life on PAIRFECTION!!!!! ...with that, Gerry can do anything he wants. Sure, he can and should direct films one cay. He has the personality for it - he can rally the troops and get people to evoke emotions they thought they didn't knew existed.

I have no idea what Gerry wants to do and that's also something that may change over time.

That being said, I have no doubt that he would be successful in whatever area he chose to work in.

A lot of successful actors have their own Production Company. They have to spend their money somewhere. Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt to name two. Brad just produced a movie he did not star in. I think they consider producing a way to invest and use their money to make more. It's good business in their eyes. I do see Gerry directing someday. He likes to give his two cents in every movie he has been in. He is a natural born leader. That leads to Producing and directing. I think he enjoyed the control he had in LAC.

~HUGS~ Kathy

I read a few years ago that Gerry preferred to be in the front of the camera, but things can change. I prefer he stays inthe front too...He lights up the screen. It might be nice to see him direct a film he is in.

Sally

Gerry is brilliant. He can do most anything he sets his mind to, we

already know that.

He said he really enjoyed having some say in LAC. He did a

wonderful job on producing.

My opinion is he loves all aspects of everything he does. He is

smart enough to add to any film by his suggestions and he has

figured out that he does that well as well as acting.

I hope he stays on the acting side of the camera for many

years to come. I hope he continues to add his perspective

to the films he acts in and I hope that he produces more of

his own films. I think that any part he takes on deserves his

input on how the character is played. He develops all of

his characters so believably, and gives so much to them

that not to have a huge say so on how he becomes that

character would be criminal. I just hope he continues to

BE those characters, because it is my opinion that no one

does it like Gerry. There hasn't been an actor of his

ability in a very long time and I am sure there won't be for

another very long time, so I hope he does not deprive the

world of his unique ability on THIS side of the camera.

I want only his happiness and success in everything he does,

so I will be hoping he shares himself with us for many years

to come.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

I think Gerry is one of the most feckin brilliant men in the movie business and would be fantastic at any role in movies he wants to attempt(acting, producing, directing perhaps). I think he would be an amazing director(I volunteer to be in a movie for free :D ).

My preference is to see his behind in front of the camera. :wuv::yummy::cunning:

I have no idea what Gerry wants to do and that's also something that may change over time.

That being said, I have no doubt that he would be successful in whatever area he chose to work in.

You, Ren, have no idea?? I thought you would at least share your perception. I'm let down! :kisswink:

A lot of successful actors have their own Production Company. They have to spend their money somewhere. Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt to name two. Brad just produced a movie he did not star in. I think they consider producing a way to invest and use their money to make more. It's good business in their eyes. I do see Gerry directing someday. He likes to give his two cents in every movie he has been in. He is a natural born leader. That leads to Producing and directing. I think he enjoyed the control he had in LAC.

~HUGS~ Kathy

That's an excellent point, Kathy. I'm really impressed with Gerry starting one so relatively early in his career where as the other two you mentioned have been around a lot longer and probably have more to invest too.

Delene

Even though I rather favor him in front of the camera I think he would make a great director, and as we know he's handled producing quite well! I think whatever he chooses to do he will excel at it as usual.... in front or behind the camera! IMO I do feel acting is his number one love and being the smart business man that he is he's getting all his Ducks in a row! Good question Dee!!

:wave: Frannie

P.S. I was going to say he's covering that gorgeous Arse of his but figured I better not! :p Just in case we're being watched! :unsure:

Edited by ladyfran

Even though I rather favor him in front of the camera I think he would make a great director, and as we know he's handled producing quite well! I think whatever he chooses to do he will excel at it as usual.... in front or behind the camera! IMO I do feel acting is his number one love and being the smart business man that he is he's getting all his Ducks in a row! Good question Dee!!

P.S. I was going to say he's covering that gorgeous Arse of his but figured I better not! :p Just in case we're being watched! :unsure:

Thanks, Frannie! You know, I don't remember what the "logo" is for Evil Twins. Maybe Gerry would consider making his butt cheeks the "twins", for our benefit of course, just to make up for the lack of seeing him in the flesh in one of their productions he's not acting in. :kilt::rotflmao:

Delene

Edited by GBPhanatic

I like your way of thinking Dee!! :cunning:

I think he should consider doing television. I wouldn't mind seeing Gerry each week on Greys or DWTS? :cunning:

Delene

I think Gerry is being "true" to his Scorpio sign in that his character prefers to own the boat rather than rent it...He will at first "rent" said boat; until he learns how to fully take over...then he wants to be in the drivers seat going where HE wants to go; when HE wants to go there...Sad if we don't get to see much of him after that though...sigh

There have been so many actors that have "gone behind the camera", including Clint Eastwood, Ben Affleck, and Drew Barrymore, I don't see why Gerry couldn't do the same. Whether in his continued role as a producer, or as a director or writer, like his acting performances Gerry will shine in whatever he does. In my eyes since I've been a fan, Gerry's talents have never had limits and he has a superbly disciplined work ethic. I would personally love to see him direct films down the road, and really him directing would never make him any less of an actor...if anything, it would strengthen his acting.

I guess that decision is up to him. If he could go on acting forever like Peter O'Toole great! If he wants to direct or do something else or just do it all that's great too xoxo :kiss: