Gerard Butler GALS

The Game of Their Lives

Finally watched this the other night and I have to say it was very good! Gerry was excellent in it and I loved him playing a boy from Missouri! And for the record, I think the American accent was great! I about laughed my butt off when Frank was told he was suppose to go to "embalming school" instead of playing soccer! I had it in my head that this one was older and was surprised to see it was made after Phantom.

Delene

Yep another one of his movies I own. I has quite an extensive collection of his movies by now Lol. I loved his "retro" look for that movie and those legs...mmmm

I do agree his accent was great in this film. I really enjoyed it. Shame it didn't do better. I actually wonder if some if his films were re-released like POTO for example if they'd do good business now.

Moira

I agree, as well. I thought he did a great job with the accent and I also really enjoyed the movie.

There is one thing that bugs me and I'm sure there's a story, but did anyone else notice that Frank was not at the wedding? Everytime I see it I always wonder why. I'm sure Gerry was not available for some reason and they needed to get it done, but I never fail to wonder.

Ren

I agree, as well. I thought he did a great job with the accent and I also really enjoyed the movie.

There is one thing that bugs me and I'm sure there's a story, but did anyone else notice that Frank was not at the wedding? Everytime I see it I always wonder why. I'm sure Gerry was not available for some reason and they needed to get it done, but I never fail to wonder.

Ren

Maybe he had to go to "embalming school"! :spit:

Delene

Ren

I was wondering if I was the only one who noticed Frank's absence at his friend's wedding.

Finally watched this the other night and I have to say it was very good! Gerry was excellent in it and I loved him playing a boy from Missouri! And for the record, I think the American accent was great! I about laughed my butt off when Frank was told he was suppose to go to "embalming school" instead of playing soccer! I had it in my head that this one was older and was surprised to see it was made after Phantom.

Delene

Ren

I was wondering if I was the only one who noticed Frank's absence at his friend's wedding.

I missed him at the wedding as well.....but if you carefully check the scene with the vacuum cleaner cord...you won't care if he was in the wedding scene or not! Had watched this movie many times before one of the GALS called it to everyone's attention...hmmmmm!!!

I missed him at the wedding as well.....but if you carefully check the scene with the vacuum cleaner cord...you won't care if he was in the wedding scene or not! Had watched this movie many times before one of the GALS called it to everyone's attention...hmmmmm!!!

Excuse me but did I miss something???? :confused: Enlighten me please!!

~HUGS~ Kathy

I think Frank; because of his all play and little work for the family;was being punished and having to clean the business while his friends enjoyed the drinking and dancing at the wedding..Remember; his mother was a dominate character in that film..

But when he finished vacuuming, he talked to him mother, and then he told his wife that he was going to play Bachi ball or something with the guys...........

Got to watch the movie and see what he did with that cord!

BlueJean

I think Frank; because of his all play and little work for the family;was being punished and having to clean the business while his friends enjoyed the drinking and dancing at the wedding..Remember; his mother was a dominate character in that film..

I'd like to be "all play" as his "dominate character," then "punish" him and....use the cord! :cunning::spit:

Delene

Edited by GBPhanatic

~HUGS~ Kathy

Okay, I just watched GOTL and I really don't see anything particular about the cord. He does flick it around a few times. Did you just mean in the scene or really something to do with the cord?

You know, when I was in high school, there actually was a girl I knew that did some vocational program and went to learn embalming. That's what she wanted to do.

What teenage girl wants to be an embalmer? I never understood that.

Ren

Even though it was just a teeny role in 2 scenes, I so wish I could've played Frank's wife in this movie. I'd be wanting them to keep reshooting the scenes so he would have to kiss me alot. :cunning::p

Christine.....you would pick this movie? The kisses are barely more than pecks, although sweet.

Don't get me wrong, still good, but I think we all know Gerry is a great movie kisser. I never really paid that much attention in movies before, but since I started noticing how good he was at it, I now compare every time I see someone kiss in the movies. I've decided it's an art form......and he excels. :)

But seriously Christine, if you had the choice, would you not pick PSILY (romantic) or Cradle of Life (hot...hot....hot)?

It doesn't really matter, because it's all good. :lol:

Ren

~HUGS~ Kathy

Sorry..I'm traveling and have limited computer access.

Haven't seen the movie in a long time but as I recall the cord gets tangled between his legs....(AHEM!..all of them!)...and the resulting tugs make for interesting viewing...better seen in slo-mo of course..(or were those just folds in the fabric?). If so.. please don't ruin my visions with such revelations. I did love those slacks and wet soccer shorts...SICK isn't it? Now I can't wait to get home to watch it again...was it worth the hullabaloo it caused back then? Really liked this film...use it for gifts. The 50's.. a great time to grow up......

Okay; I must admit myself that if I had a choice of his movies POTO is #1 then PSILY then Attila...oh my now I'm going all down the list aren't I? Sorry; just hard to place them in order of HOT SPOTS..Lol :doh: