Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
GBPhanatic

Is it Dracula?

I just noticed that the hits to the site have jumped from around thirty as of this morning to over five hundred this afternoon! Could it be the showing of Dracula 2000 on AMC at eleven this morning? I find it very spooky!

Delene

:detect:Dracula played this morning? I didn't know that!

:detect:Dracula played this morning? I didn't know that!

Well, May, down at the bottom of the main forum page it says it did but maybe the same movies don't run in Canada as here in the US.

I just happened to notice how many views the site was getting at that time and thought maybe it was because of the movie and he did look mighty fine in that movie.

Unless it was some kind of glitch in the system or something, I thought it was crazy there would be so many hits at that time of day. It jumped from like thirty to over five hundred. Seeing Gerry for the first time in Phantom on TV is what brought me to the internet afterall.

Delene

Me too, Delene.

Gerry was the second entertainer I ever Googled. I had never thought of it before, I only used it for

work. I simply had to find out more about this incredible actor, to see if he had done anything before, etc.

Boy, did I have a great day that June in 2007. I spent all day searching for everything I could find and

ordering movies off Ebay and Amazon. Before the day was over I had ordered about 1/3 of his catalogue.

The rest I couldn't find because they weren't available. Over the years as his popularity has risen I have

managed to find everything, with the help of Scotsman Stuart on the one that I couldn't find in USA region.

I have managed to keep up to date with his releases since that day, whether I can afford them or not,

I get them. I have six copies of Phantom and at least two of everything else except the very early ones.

I don't intend for one to go bad and not have another one. I love them all except for Fast Food and Shooters,

and I love his character even in those. He played them well.

I have seen all of his movies in the theater since that day, all of them more than once, and PSILY 31 times.

That was the first one I saw on the big screen. I would love to see Phantom on the big screen. Maybe

someday I'll get to go to one of the Redux sessions and see it there. I guess that is the only way I

will ever get to see it on the BIG screen. Maybe it will reach cult status and the movies will run it

someday----well, a GAL can dream, can't she?

I'm loaning a copy to a friend tomorrow that has never seen it. Hoping for yet another Gerry fan.

She is going to take it to dialysis with her on Thursday to watch on her portable DVD, who knows, maybe

several more Gerry fans.

:phantom:

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

Yes, Sandy, I was smitten with that pathetic pityful creature of darkness! I have just two copies of POTO, one is a double disk. I have most of the others. My son presented me with his extra copy of 300 and he still hasn't returned LAC to me yet, now that I think of it! It's his fav and Gamer, so I gave him that one. Not my fav. My sister gave me RNR for my BD and it's a bootlegged copy although she says it's not! LOL! God love her! I need to acquire a few more. Love me as much Gerry as I can get anyway I can get him!

Delene

I haven't seen Dracula on regular tv. My best friend Lisa says she found it on hers and watched. She was actually lucky enough to have been in New Orleans when it was filmed. She didn't see Gerry, but didn't know who he was at the time. She didn't know who he was til LAW ABIDING CITIZEN. I'm getting her GAMER for x-mas cuz she likes Gerry, Michael Hall and Kyra Sedgewick. Her husband had just bought her a dvd copy of BOUNTY HUNTER in July, and they were going to watch it together after he returned from New Orleans with his brother. Unfortunately, he died suddenly 2 days later from a heart attack. She hasn't watched P.S. I LOVE YOU or TBH since. Dracula is very "campy", but it's still a decent movie. He is a very sexy vampire (2nd being Alex O'Loughlin in MOONLIGHT). When Gerracula is walking through Virgin Records all in black, WOW!

That Virgin Records strut is one of my favorite scenes in the movie too. I also love the shot where he tells Lucy "I don't drink...coffee" with that Gerry trademark smirk on his face! Of course, the ceiling tango wasn't bad either! :pant:

Suzie

Oh, I love Dracula 2000! I didn't know it was on tv last night, but it has been on several times before. I know it wasn't intended to be funny, but the female vampires are so campy and hilarious! Good Sport likes it too, and we always watch it on Halloween. He even has his own "Jeri" (Jeri Ryan) to drool over. :p And, since Good Sport is an antiques dealer himself, we really crack up at the line "Don't ever, ever fook with an antiques dealer!" :lol:

edited to correct spelling error :doh:

Edited by Lady Elissa

As my siggy ( thanks to Frannie) indicates; Dracula is my favorite fantasy next to Phantom and Attila...sigh

But then again; I can watch them any time I choose because they are in my collection now...

Yes, that "Virgin strut" will go down as a classic for sure! Gerry makes for such a powerful image in the films he's in whether they're box office hits or not and then when he speaks, it just completes the package! Hope he never stops acting!

Delene

I so wish that that Virgin Megastore was still open....but, it was closed down after Katrina, too much structural damage. :(

I did live in New Orleans though when D2K was filmed, still do live here. I do really wish I knew who Gerry was at the time, but I was only 13 then lol. I didn't discover Gerry till I was 16. I love watching the film though, even if it is somewhat campy. Gerry still makes a pretty spine-tingling Dracula (Gary Oldman still is my favorite however).

Edited by AngelofMusic

I so wish that that Virgin Megastore was still open....but, it was closed down after Katrina, too much structural damage. :(

I did live in New Orleans though when D2K was filmed, still do live here. I do really wish I knew who Gerry was at the time, but I was only 13 then lol. I didn't discover Gerry till I was 16. I love watching the film though, even if it is somewhat campy. Gerry still makes a pretty spine-tingling Dracula (Gary Oldman still is my favorite however).

Yes he (Gary Oldman) was also good in Dracula but not as sexy as Gerry..Did you see the "Book of Eli" with Gary Oldman? He was and is such a great "bad guy"...

Yes, that "Virgin strut" will go down as a classic for sure! Gerry makes for such a powerful image in the films he's in whether they're box office hits or not and then when he speaks, it just completes the package! Hope he never stops acting!

Delene

Did anyone notice that scene in the special features was even sexier? The camera caught his eyes and he

was much more(if that is possible)sensual in that section. There is just something about when he moves

his eyes from side to side without turning his head. Same thing in Shattered when they are in the bank.

But that particular Dracula scene takes the cake. WOW. If you have a copy, watch it, if you don't, get a copy

and watch it. UNBELIEVABLE. It's worth the price of the DVD just for the special features in this one.

I'm going to go watch it now, just the special features. They were some of

the best special features in any of his DVDs, maybe because he was younger and not so much on guard as

of late.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

I beg to differ, I happen to think Gary Oldman was extremely sexy in Francis Ford Coppola's Dracula. I do agree that Gary Oldman has through his career and still does play a truly brilliant villain. I never really looked at his portrayal of Dracula quite as a villain however, he really took the character of Dracula and transformed him into a whole other enigma, both dark and sensual, as well as a deeply tragic figure. And essentially, Gary Oldman's rendition of the character was extremely innovating, as no other person had ever played the character in the manner as he did before.

Gerry and Gary Oldman's portrayals are literally as different as night and day, you can't really compare the two at all.