Gerard Butler GALS

I just submitted my application to Glasgow's Creative Writing program!

I'm so thrilled!!!

I just put all of my materials together and submitted my application for the MLitt Creative Writing program at the University of Glasgow, beginning September 2011! I wish I had some champagne to crack open in celebration!!

Now I just have to wait on the acceptance, find some funding, convince my parents I'm not throwing my life away, secure a visa for me, and get a pet passport for Milo! Wow... that's a lot of stuff... but it'll be so awesome!!

As god as my witness, I will be writer!!!

Thanks Gerry, GALS, and especially you Lisa... I never would have been able to take this step without you.

Steph

Edited by AbandonThought

Steph, I have every confidence in you that you will get into the U of G and begin the steps toward your dream of becoming a professional writer. I am proud that I was able to help you in whatever small way I was able.

I wish you all the luck in the world in getting accepted! I know they will see your application and jump to have you attend their school!

:hug1:

Lisa

I'll be praying that you get accepted into the program. How long does the program last cuz I'll be in Glasgow in late August of 2012. I think it would be great to do a semester abroad in Glasgow for my legal classes. Hmmm...Need to check into that. :D

It's a beautiful University, Steph! When I was there, I thought I'd be intimidated by all that history and prestige but it was so welcoming, warm and inviting. It had a proud presence to it as if it echoed; "Here I am! Pass through these gates and enter my halls to join the distinguished alums before you and open your mind to the knowledge of the ages!"

Good luck to you!

Delene

Steph, I am thrilled for you and am waiting with anticipation to hear the GREAT news that you've been accepted and you're on your merry way! All positive vibes being sent your way my friend!

:kiss: Frannie

Edited by ladyfran

Steph...I am totally convinced that you will be accepted. How long will you be there? Cute that Milo gets to go too. I'll keep you in my prayers that everything comes together perfectly for you. You MUST and WILL be a writer.

~HUGS~ Kathy

It's a 12 month program, September 2011 to September 2012. Yeah, it's going to be a hassle figuring out how to get Milo over there and I know he'll have to be quarantined for awhile, but I need him with me. He's my baby!

Steph

If you go, get an airline that will allow Milo in the plane cabin not in cargo. Gerry has taken Lolita to Scotland for a visit. He is not there long enough for Lolita to be quarantined so there must be a way around that. Ask a Vet. I was on a plane and a man had his dog sitting next to him in First Class. He bought the dog a ticket and the dog didn't have to stay in a crate. Where there is a will, there is a way.

~HUGS~ Kathy

It's a 12 month program, September 2011 to September 2012. Yeah, it's going to be a hassle figuring out how to get Milo over there and I know he'll have to be quarantined for awhile, but I need him with me. He's my baby!

Steph

If you go, get an airline that will allow Milo in the plane cabin not in cargo. Gerry has taken Lolita to Scotland for a visit. He is not there long enough for Lolita to be quarantined so there must be a way around that. Ask a Vet. I was on a plane and a man had his dog sitting next to him in First Class. He bought the dog a ticket and the dog didn't have to stay in a crate. Where there is a will, there is a way.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Actually, Gerry mentioned in an interview once that he has a passport for Lolita so she doesn't have to be quarantined. I'm sure there are weight limits, etc. about which dogs can go in the cabin vs. cargo. The best thing to do is call the airlines and see which all the limits, etc. are when flying with an animal, and how long the quarantine is for.

Keep us informed!

Lisa

Steph

~HUGS~ Kathy

Actually, Gerry mentioned in an interview once that he has a passport for Lolita so she doesn't have to be quarantined. I'm sure there are weight limits, etc. about which dogs can go in the cabin vs. cargo. The best thing to do is call the airlines and see which all the limits, etc. are when flying with an animal, and how long the quarantine is for.

Keep us informed!

Lisa

Have a look on the DEFRA website. It has all the info for bringing dogs into the UK. Once they have the passport there is no need for quarantine. I've travelled with my two dogs many times and it works perfectly.

Steph

The timing is perfect cuz I'll be in Scotland during that time and plan on visiting Glasgow University. I so want to meet you and what a place to do it....in our man's homeland. :wave::D

Thanks everyone on the concern for Milo! Yes, I've looked at the official sites and looked into the requirements for getting him a pet passport. I'll get everything figured out when I get my acceptance. (Notice I said when?) :kisswink:

Christine, I'd love to meet you in Glasgow! Maybe by then I'll know my way around and I can show you the sights! :D

Wow Kathy, yeah, that'd be great if Milo could have a seat next to me! He'd be a good little boy. I don't know if he's too big though. I'd probably have to put a muzzle on him for the walk through the airport though, given his predilection to sometimes take offense to random people.

I'm so excited about the whole thing. I hope it all works out. I keep telling Milo how much he's going to like Scotland. :D Since I'll be there for Christmas 2011 I'm going to see if my family can come spend Christmas with me there! Wouldn't that be awesome?

Okay, I'm done with the gushing.

Steph

Steph, when I checked about taking my chihuahua, Trinket, with me to St. Thomas, the airline at the time told me he could go in first class only, in a carrier that would fit under the seat or sit in my lap and could weigh no more than twenty pounds, I believe. Otherwise, he'd have to go below in a crate. There was no mention of buying him a "seat" or anything at that time but airline rules are probably different from one to another.

Delene

Steph,

Congrats and so happy for you! Hope you can get all the hassles worked out and Milo can be with you. You are going to be a great writer, as we all know already! :pointy:

:hugs:

Diane

Edited by Shamrocked

Thanks Delene. Milo is 45 pounds, so I figure he's a little too big for an in-cabin rule, but I surely will check. I know he'd be less freaked out if he were with me. But I guess when they go in cargo they can do some sort of light sedation to help calm them down too.

Thanks Diane! I hope that the program can provide me with the tools to be successful in something that I truly love, not to mention give me an amazingly fun year in a beautiful country!

Steph