Gerard Butler GALS

Gerrys Stone at Culloden

:thankyou: Stu for posting your video of Gerry's Stone at Culloden. I had been reading about this for a while and wondered how did the stone turn out. I would love to go and see Culloden and Scotland for myself one day... :scotlandflag:

:hugs:

Diane

It has such a powerful aura that's hard to explain. For me, I could feel the spirit, sadness and passion still present and if the ground could talk, the story it would tell!

Delene

I got to visit Culloden last year with Libby and my brother, and Dee is right, there is a very moving, dramatic feel to the whole area. I got chills, and NOT just because it was drizzly and windy. Seeing Gerry's stone was also very touching, especially knowing that some of us GALS had a hand in it.

Hearing Stuart's gorgeous accent was a kick! MORE, Stu!!!

Suzie

I got to visit Culloden last year with Libby and my brother, and Dee is right, there is a very moving, dramatic feel to the whole area. I got chills, and NOT just because it was drizzly and windy. Seeing Gerry's stone was also very touching, especially knowing that some of us GALS had a hand in it.

Hearing Stuart's gorgeous accent was a kick! MORE, Stu!!!

Suzie

Funny you mention "accent", Suzie, because as much as we are enchanted with the accents of Scots, I would notice that when I spoke with people, particularly in Scotland, they would get sort of an amused smile across their face and finally I figured it out. They probably found my midwestern American accent a bit charming as well!

The stone was very nice and a great tribute to Gerry. I do hope he gets to see it even if it's just from a view here on the site.

Delene

Very cool.And glad you got to go back to Scotland Stu. I've never been but it's on my list of to-do's someday.I do want to see Culloden because some of my fam. fought there,but I have heard and read about how it feels.

So fantastic to see Gerry's stone at Culloden. I have been doing a lot of reading on Culloden as I have ancestors that fought in the war. It is a very sad tale. Thanks for posting the picture.

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

So, a year and a month later, I finally see this thread! Thanks for the video, Stuart!

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

th_141_zpstqkjblrp.jpg

It took me longer than Abrock (Mel) to find this thread. Thanks Stu for posting a video. Delene and I were in Scotland in August 2010. We visited the battlefield which was silent and calm - holding in many stories that could be told. An employee at the Center was kind enough to take me where Gerry's stone was so I would be sure I would see it. As I was walking around the tour bus lady handed me a piece of a lavender flower which I still have pressed. Scotland is a beautiful place.