• A casual girl friend
    • Significant other (steady) but not married
    • His wife
    • His best friend
    • His hairdresser/stylist
    • Having his baby
    • A casual acquaintance
    • Would prefer to remain a fan

I looked throughout this forum and didn't see where this has ever been a question even though I could have sworn it was at one time, so excuse me if I'm repeating it. I thought it would be a fun topic to discuss for those of us who have ever wondered what it would be like to know Gerry on a personal level. Make your choice and tell us why, if you dare!

I think it will be fascinating to see where most people fall on this issue. :cunning:

Delene

I see that there are two future Mrs. Butlers out there! I like a gal who just cuts to the chase, or maybe I should say skips it all together. What, no ownership?

Thanks, Steph, for your honest input and your courage to express it! :kisswink:

Delene

I picked wife. I almost picked just a fan or friend with benefits. Then I was like "Who am I kidding?" I want him. I want his last name. Honestly, even if he had a regular 9 to 5 "regular" job that didn't pay near as much, I'd still want him if he was the same man (personality wise). I haven't met him YET, but there's definite charm there and he knows how to use it! I'd cook for him, clean up after him, put up with him leaving the toilet seat up. I wouldn't "smother" him and have to be attached at the hip 24/7. I'd be cool with him going off by himself. I could trust him around the female fans. I wouldn't want him always being my shadow.

put up with him leaving the toilet seat up

Wow, you do put up with alot! But for me, this would be totally unacceptable! :( But with Gerry's income, you could afford those toilets with the automatic seat lowering thingy. :D

Delene

Well, since I'm already married and considerably older than Gerry, I'd be very happy to be his best friend. :) Of course, I'd want an occasional hug and kiss! :funnyface:

I put friend. As much as I love Gerry, it's strictly platonic. I have a boyfriend that I love very much and Gerry is a wee bit older than me. Although I did date a guy his age, it was just kind of hard to relate to him. He always talked about the shows he grew up with and his childhood and I couldn't relate at all. I wouldn't mind being friends with him and making him pay for everything when we go out, LOL just kidding....or am I?

Yeah, I'd definitely want him to be "mine," and would love to be his wife when I'm at that point in my life. I'm with you GalwayGirl, I would want him no matter who he was, because it's not his fame or his acting talent that I love (though those are perks), it's the MAN I'm the most attracted to. :wuv:

Steph

I'm not a "gold digger". I wouldn't go wild with his money. Even if he handed me his credit card with his blessing, I couldn't do it. I wouldn't marry for money, but love. I want to marry the MAN, not the actor. The right woman will hopefully marry him for who he is, not what he is. Take away the profession, and he's still a wonderful man, and that's what I love. Fun-loving, generous, silly, intelligent and hard-working, etc...

Edited by GerrysGalwayGirl

Well, since I'm already married and considerably older than Gerry, I'd be very happy to be his best friend. :) Of course, I'd want an occasional hug and kiss! :funnyface:

You sly minx! You sound like me! This would definately be my choice too, to be that BFF, even though there might be a LOT of huggin' and kissin' going on (on the cheek mind you, near the mouth but barely touching the lips) on occasion as loving friends, of course. And I'd insist on us parting ways or ending a phone conversation with our usual "love you" and "miss you" when we're apart. Then there's the longing gaze in to those eyes where he locks in on you and draws you in to him, followed by the lingering embrace with those big strong arms, his face in the curve of the neck and the flirty, dirty talk while his hand... (go to the gutter for remainder of sentence). :pant: Whew! Got a little carried away! Anyway, I'm kidding! It would be all on the up and up. But if there were any shenanigans, I'd blame him cause I'm a good girl! ;)

I put friend. As much as I love Gerry, it's strictly platonic. I have a boyfriend that I love very much and Gerry is a wee bit older than me. Although I did date a guy his age, it was just kind of hard to relate to him. He always talked about the shows he grew up with and his childhood and I couldn't relate at all. I wouldn't mind being friends with him and making him pay for everything when we go out, LOL just kidding....or am I?

Good for you that you can keep the fantasy separate from reality! Although I hear ya about the age difference, Gerry does fancy a few of the rock groups I grew up with. Didn't he say he liked Barry Manilow? :hmm:

Yeah, I'd definitely want him to be "mine," and would love to be his wife when I'm at that point in my life. I'm with you GalwayGirl, I would want him no matter who he was, because it's not his fame or his acting talent that I love (though those are perks), it's the MAN I'm the most attracted to. :wuv:

Steph

You go girl! Keep him on a tight rein! Although taking Gerry "as is" no matter what is important, it makes a bit of difference "what" he is too for my tastes. For me, what he does is part of who he is as a man. I'm turned on by the ambitious workaholic who do their thing but I like spontaneous personalities who work hard, play hard too and don't take themselves and life too serious. I also have to have someone with an IQ high enough to carry on a good conversation or debate. Although I'm a straight forward, grounded Capricorn, I like the good argument and occasional disagreement because then there's the make up! I couldn't deal with a sloth, no matter if he was Gerry. And I like a man who will pick up the dog poop, cooks once in a while and isnt' afraid to wear an apron....naked.

It doesn't take a lot to please me but I'm not going to lie and say I don't enjoy the good things a man with means can provide. Even if I could get it for myself, were'd be the fun in that? There's nothing that says "I'm sorry" like a new car in the driveway. Jewelry's fine only if there's a meaning behind it and nothing too expensive or gaudy. I'm very utilitarian when it comes to most basic needs but if you've got to make it up to me, don't buy me a new washer/dryer combo. I've got to get around town, so might as well do it in style, right?

I know I couldn't do the fwb thing though. I've got to have a man's heart or forgetaboutit!

Maybe I'd settle for being his hairstylist. He needs to leave those locks alone and show a bit more natural!

Although this is all for fun and fantasy, hypothetical talk, my love for Gerry is still from a far (until further notice).

And I'd still be his fan, no matter what. :p

Delene

Edited by GBPhanatic

I would love to work in Gerry's home. I would love to have to answer his door, fix him snacks (but I'd insist he hire a chef to prepare healthy fare for him). I would love to draw his bath and make sure he has plenty of towels. I'd love to wake him in the morning and make sure he is ready for any appointments. Taking phone messages for him should be interesting. I could take care of Lolita when he can't take her on his trips. I should love to become indispensable in his home. I think it'd be fun.

PS: Gerry dear, I don't do floors or windows! Sorry!

Suzie

I'd like to start out as a friend, move up to steady girlfriend and end up as Mrs. Butler. My family is Irish Catholic and mom keeps wanting me to find a Catholic guy. Gerry would fit into my family perfectly because of his sense of humor, love of sports, great food, fun, love of family. My parents and his parents are about the same age(my mom is 63 and dad is 66) so they would get along great. I don't give one wit what he did for a living(as long as it's legal). I think the only topic I couldn't discuss with him is politics...we seem to have completely opposite views(he's liberal and I'm a moderate conservative). Other than the liberal flaw, he'd be the perfect guy to settle down with. :wuv:

You sly minx! You sound like me! This would definately be my choice too, to be that BFF, even though there might be a LOT of huggin' and kissin' going on (on the cheek mind you, near the mouth but barely touching the lips) on occasion as loving friends, of course. And I'd insist on us parting ways or ending a phone conversation with our usual "love you" and "miss you" when we're apart. Then there's the longing gaze in to those eyes where he locks in on you and draws you in to him, followed by the lingering embrace with those big strong arms, his face in the curve of the neck and the flirty, dirty talk while his hand... (go to the gutter for remainder of sentence). :pant: Whew! Got a little carried away! Anyway, I'm kidding! It would be all on the up and up. But if there were any shenanigans, I'd blame him cause I'm a good girl! ;)

:funnyup: I said best friends, not friends with benefits! :naughty: Any hugs or kisses would be of a friendly nature only! After all, I am a married woman. Where'd my halo go???? :confused::angelnot:

I honestly would pick friend/best friend. Gerry is a great guy, he's sweet, he's funny, he's smart, but I could never be in a relationship with him let alone marry him. I know I'm kind of young to be deciding this already, but I never plan on getting married, no matter who he is...it isn't something I want out of life. I would absolutely be content with being his great friend though, hanging out, discussing books and movies, and getting those great teddybear hugs he gives..would be pretty great.

Why m'I the only one who chose to Have his baby? Is that weird? :doh:

I honest to god had this dream one night that I was the hired mommy to his baby :faint:

Maybe you're the only one gutsy enough to admit it! But that dream you had, I'm not sure if that doesn't fall under the catagory of "employee".

:funnyup: I said best friends, not friends with benefits! :naughty: Any hugs or kisses would be of a friendly nature only! After all, I am a married woman. Where'd my halo go???? :confused::angelnot:

OK, well maybe a few benefits! I guess it's all in how you define the word "benefits" and who's the recipient of said.

"Honey, I did not have sexual relations with that actor!" :lmao:

Delene

Heck yeah,I'd want to be his baby mama.lol jk Although they would be pretty babies lol

I pick friend,and here is my reasoning behind that choice.First off,I do like someone right now and if he were to ever dare venture over here...just kidding..again. Ok..friends because I think that first off,I think he's a pretty cool guy and from the interviews etc...he makes me laugh and I love being around people that make me laugh.And not only people that make me laugh but people who have the compacity for deep conversation,which he does.I like to have deep,serious conversation at times and I hate having to talk fluff for people who never think about anything remotely serious in nature.And I think for anything more serious to blossom,there has to be first a foundation of friendship,not that physical attraction isn't important,because for me,it's extremely important for me to be physically/sexually attracted to somebody,but eventually the hair will gray and wrinkles will take over and everything will head South and if you have nothing to talk about and you don't genuinely enjoy one another...what's the point of even being together? So I pick friend because that's the foundation of everything.And if he chose to like me more than that...great.If not,great...the point is friendship and what will be,will be.I very much believe in fate.

Heck yeah,I'd want to be his baby mama.lol jk Although they would be pretty babies lol

I pick friend,and here is my reasoning behind that choice.First off,I do like someone right now and if he were to ever dare venture over here...just kidding..again. Ok..friends because I think that first off,I think he's a pretty cool guy and from the interviews etc...he makes me laugh and I love being around people that make me laugh.And not only people that make me laugh but people who have the compacity for deep conversation,which he does.I like to have deep,serious conversation at times and I hate having to talk fluff for people who never think about anything remotely serious in nature.And I think for anything more serious to blossom,there has to be first a foundation of friendship,not that physical attraction isn't important,because for me,it's extremely important for me to be physically/sexually attracted to somebody,but eventually the hair will gray and wrinkles will take over and everything will head South and if you have nothing to talk about and you don't genuinely enjoy one another...what's the point of even being together? So I pick friend because that's the foundation of everything.And if he chose to like me more than that...great.If not,great...the point is friendship and what will be,will be.I very much believe in fate.

Andrea, very well put! I think some people these days, particularly women, are willing to "settle" for less then the entire relationship with a man, as far as in a romantic sense. The concept of FWB is probably nothing new but just more accepted now then a few generations ago but I'm not sure I would want that. I would need more of the relationship if it's going to be in a sexual sense. But if it's OK with some, go for it but don't "settle" for it and wish it was more. Do it for what it is.

For me, if I did it over again, I'd like to know someone from the inside out first and even though I may or may not be attracted physically to them on the outside, that can change once you know the person on the inside and could go either way. Some people miss out on really fulfilling and gratifying relationships sometimes because they operate on superficial looks. As even Gerry has mentioned, some attractive people, particularly women, are so wrapped up in their outer appearance, they don't have any other attractive inner qualities or they're all attitude. I think he means they're so full of themselves that they don't have time or thought to much else other then how they look.

And by the way, T is a closet "PAL" here but never posts. He just lurks so everything I post, he can read it. It's all good.

Delene

If I was going to have anyone's baby, I'd want it to be Gerry's. So not ready for that though... (despite the fact that I have a name picked out for Gerry and my baby boy....).

But seriously, can you imagine a better man to contribute his DNA to your progeny? :drool:

...I think it's impressive that I can drool in a sentence that includes the word "progeny." :lol:

Steph

Another good topic!!

I said FWB because he'd be a great friend, but I couldn't keep from jumping his sexy bones. I'd never want to be his wife, because I don't think any one woman could ever hold him and I wouldn't want to have his baby, because I already have a gorgeous male Scorpio child.

I agree with all of you who talk about all of his great qualities, but those qualities are what make him so sexy for me. I still can't believe an on-screen character can get my motor running as fast and as hard as GB.

Sad, ain't it???

Burma

Edited by GJB - My Aphrodisiac
I chose good friend based on the fact that I am happily married to a man who NEVER leaves the seat up and worships me. :wow2: But if I was single I'd pick significant other, I mean, who can resist this -----> :Clyde3: ??