Paisleyscot

11/20 - CNN Heroes walk the red carpet

CNN Heroes walk the red carpet

Live at 6:00 pm EST

Watch it LIVE here on CNN

Thanks for the heads up Lisa

yea it shows it for November 25 when you click on future events

yea it shows it for November 25 when you click on future events

Thanks! I've been busy trying to get my laptop working to capture the videostream and I finally got it working only to discover the link's no longer valid! Posted Image

This is odd. Earlier today CNN was promoting the "live red carpet" thing and now it's promoting it for 11/25 as a REPLAY:

CNN Heroes walk the red carpet – replay

The 2010 CNN Heroes nominees walk the red carpet at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles ahead of "CNN Heroes: An All-Star Tribute," hosted by CNN's Anderson Cooper.

I wonder what happened... Posted Image

I think this means it will be aired at this link on November 25, not today so it can be viewed from the computer. I didn't think the show had been taped yet????

Delene

Well, I construed the earlier post as they were TAPING IT TONIGHT (hence the red carpet walk "live") and then it would be broadcast on Thanksgiving 11/25 -- allowing participants to be free to celebrate the holiday.

Now it appears there won't be any live feeds, it will ALL be broadcast from tape.

**kicks dirt**

Oh, well ... I'm sure we'll have pictures pop up soon.

I take it there will be sound when it begins?

Delene

Nevermind. :doh:

Edited by GBPhanatic

Well poop. I hope sound comes up soon! I know we love to just see him, but it would be nice to hear what's going on as well. LOL

Keeping my fingers crossed!

SOUND PEOPLE - WE HAVE SOUND!!!

Lisa

Edited by phoenixgirl

I'm just gonna add another reply:

OK that's a comment box. ROTF

There's a guy in a kilt with the other heroes right now. Maybe THAT'S who Gerry is introducing???!!!

Edited by phoenixgirl

I'M BEYOND PISSED OFF!!!

I see Gerry at the bottom of the screen, looking gorgeous ... then they show John Legend forEVER and the next thing I see, Gerry at the top all done with the red carpet!

WTF?! They show a ton of people no one knows but Gerry comes out and NOTHING! :tantrum: I'm so sick of him always being pushed aside. This is just crap!!!!

I'm confused?????? I got it but I didn't see Gerry!!

:wave: Frannie

I'm confused?????? I got it but I didn't see Gerry!!

:wave: Frannie

Frannie, he was at the bottom right of the screen when he first got there. Grey suit, hair brushed back nicely. The next thing we see is John Legend for like the next 2 mins, and then back to the red carpet Gerry is at the end of the red carpet and done. Grrrrr

Did someone say grey suit??

:thud:

There are press photos up online already. None of G though.

Edited by BaileyS

You mean to tell me I sat here to see Gerry for two hours and they cut the shot back at the end of the carpet as he was out there? Why didn't they leave the camera shot where they had it before as everyone was posing? That angle was useless! What moron would do something like that? You can't see anything at that angle and all I saw was Gerry far off. This sucks! Nice job, technical people! :tantrum::(

Delene

Luckily I noticed his mannerisms cause at first I didn't see him at the bottom of the screen. When I saw someone tall with long hair talking with his hands, I looked closer and sure enough it was our man. :D

Hoping pics are up soon of him. :( If at all ....

Thats so lame that they kept showing John Legend while Gerry was on. Gerry should have been able to be in the spotlight.

GRRRRRR indeed.....what a disappointment!!! You could tell it was Gerard by the way he strolled down the carpet, hands in pockets, a little pidgeon-toed...you couldn't see much but it was him!! Somebody at CNN need a lashing!! Let's hope there are loads of other pictures to come....boo to the producer ....I like John Legend but not THAT much!!!

I'M BEYOND PISSED OFF!!!

I see Gerry at the bottom of the screen, looking gorgeous ... then they show John Legend forEVER and the next thing I see, Gerry at the top all done with the red carpet!

WTF?! They show a ton of people no one knows but Gerry comes out and NOTHING! :tantrum: I'm so sick of him always being pushed aside. This is just crap!!!!

I'm so angry I'm almost in tears! I wrote them a nice little note too about their stupid camera people! They had all those nice shots of everyone posing and I was so excited to see Gerry and then they put the camera shot down at the end of the carpet way back? Couldn't they tell that you couldn't see anything from that far away?

And I'm with you, Lisa, I'm getting so fooking sick and tired of Gerry getting no respect! I let them know that I was pissed about not getting to see Gerry!

Delene