Gerard Butler GALS

L'Oreal Ad - Preview

Rendita

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Burma its on Gals Utube account now :pointy:

Thanks, Stuart. I got it!! Now I can watch it over and over and use slo-mo for that typically Gerry-hot kiss at the end.

Hugs,

Burmra

This is a SERIOUSLY HOT commercial, and Gerry has never looked better...and I'm so glad they let him keep his Scottish brogue/burr....I doubt that we'll see it here in the States, though, regrettably...I know Eva Longoria-Parker's ad is shown, as well as other L'Oreal ads, all saying "L'Oreal Paris." Paris is the main hub/distribution site/offices for L'Oreal, so technically, all L'Oreal products are listed as "L'Oreal Paris." This ad was made here in the States, but the posters for the products have been out in the UK now for a couple of weeks, as well as, I expect, in some of the magazines across the pond. But nothing here in the States. It had been announced when the ads were made that they would not be available here in the US, so I'm not getting my hopes up for them here. It's one of the best ad campaigns I have seen in a long time, and I think would help sell a lot of this product here IF it were shown here. Gerry could sell radiant heaters to the Devil himself, with just that "look" he gives...It's a winning ad, that's for sure....

Peace, out...

Tense

You're so right and the thing about Gerry is that he's a heartthrob for us women, but he's also a "man's man".

Wonderful ad! Posted Image Gerry is smoking hot and those L'Oreal people are surely good at what they do! Of course, with such raw material as our G, it would be hard to miss! I also think the commercial is a winner! Posted Image

The cap he is wearing at 0:06 looks like the one he was wearing when he met Jared Leto in New York, maybe it was around that time that they filmed that part of the commercial and he got to keep it Posted Image !

Chris

As naturally sexy as Gerry is, I like the print ad better where he's clean cut looking. I don't think the scruffy look bodes well for looking rested but that's just me.

Delene

I think it's in the eyes, really. If a man has scruff he can still look rested if he gets enough sleep. LOL But I know what you're saying; many men don't shave when they're too tired, etc. But I think Gerry looks beautifully groomed in the commercial.

And to me, he looks gorgeous in the shot of him looking in the mirror all tired. Something about that just got out of bed look that suits him well. ;)

I keep watching it. I was afraid we would only get it taped from someone's television and it would look really bad, but I feel very lucky that site put it out so we could see it here in the States. :wuv:

As naturally sexy as Gerry is, I like the print ad better where he's clean cut looking. I don't think the scruffy look bodes well for looking rested but that's just me.

Delene

I think it's in the eyes, really. If a man has scruff he can still look rested if he gets enough sleep. LOL But I know what you're saying; many men don't shave when they're too tired, etc. But I think Gerry looks beautifully groomed in the commercial.

And to me, he looks gorgeous in the shot of him looking in the mirror all tired. Something about that just got out of bed look that suits him well. ;)

I keep watching it. I was afraid we would only get it taped from someone's television and it would look really bad, but I feel very lucky that site put it out so we could see it here in the States. :wuv:

Except for the very beginning, you only get such quick snippets of him, I don't know how you could tell if he looks tired or not. But maybe it's done that way for a reason.

Delene

I think I read somewhere that when Gerry was a little boy he had a bad ear problem and had surgery on the ear and a nerve got damaged leaving him with a condition similar to Bell's Palsy. Makes you love him all the more, doesn't it?

Delene

Edited by GBPhanatic

I think I read somewhere that when Gerry was a little boy he had a bad ear problem and had surgery on the ear and a nerve got damaged leaving him with a condition similar to Bell's Palsy. Makes you love him all the more, doesn't it?

Delene

He talked about it on the Leno promoting HTTYD. :) And yes, it most certainly does. :wuv:

Delene

He talked about it on the Leno promoting HTTYD. Posted Image And yes, it most certainly does. Posted Image

I wasn't aware of that! Poor baby. It's just another reason to love him, eh Delene? As if we needed another. . .

Hugs,

Burma

I have a feeling this product is gonna show up in a lot of stockings on Christmas morning! I hope there will be a longer version released, including more footage of that kiss. *sigh*

Now why hasn't Gerry been cast in a film as THIS type of character? Suave, sophisticated and dangerously sexy!

Swannie

Now why hasn't Gerry been cast in a film as THIS type of character? Suave, sophisticated and dangerously sexy!

Because they gave it to Daniel Craig, the bastids!

Delene

If you're talking about James Bond, remember that Gerry said he didn't want it. He'll find a role like this when he's ready and wants it. :) For now, we have this glorious commercial to watch over and over. :yummy:

Because they gave it to Daniel Craig, the bastids!

Delene

If you're talking about James Bond, remember that Gerry said he didn't want it. He'll find a role like this when he's ready and wants it. :) For now, we have this glorious commercial to watch over and over. :yummy:

And with that I bid you good night!

:bonk::whoa::wall::wedgie::doh::curtains::read::fall::gah::catfight::whoopdedoo::panic:

Delene

Edited by GBPhanatic

Playing Bond would be way too limiting for Gerry...he's such a magnificent chameleon. I would like to see him play the charismatic gentleman in the suit...I'm sure that will come along at some point.

In the meantime, as you said, Lisa, we have this commercial to replay, and replay, and replay, and replay...

And, although he looks great no matter how he wears his beard or hair, I am and will remain a "scruff" lady. That scruff is beautiful!

Ohhh...sweet Gerry dreams...

Leslie

As has been said numerous times before Re Bond whoever signs up probably has a long list of restrictions placed upon them with regards other roles they can choose and the kind of lifestyle they have to publicly portray. Unless Gerry was absolutely desperate for the role I can't see him wanting those types of restrictions placed upon him. I am sure I read that whoever is Bond can't be seen in a suit/bowtie off screen.

I have never heard his camp make any reference whatsoever to his desire to be in Consent to Kill even though he seems to be the author's first choice. He has proved with this advert that he would be ideal for a Jason Bourne/Jack Bauer type of role.

Moira