Gerard Butler GALS

L'Oreal Ad - Preview

Rendita

I read that whoever is Bond can't be seen in a suit/bowtie off screen.

That sounds right up Gerry's ally! Was D. Craig done with Bond when he did all of his other movies? And Pierce Brosnon did other movies woven inbetween his Bond portrayal as well so I don't see the restrictions were being too limited.

But I believe the Bond character is really getting a bit too cliche so I think they should spice it up a bit and bring back a new Bondish character, but this time he's not quite as well put together and poised as the original 007 or neat and trigger ready as James. He'll be James' cousin, Dick Bond. He can be the next in line at the agency, like 008. He can be suave and debonair when he needs to be but it's always short lived. He's often crude, rude and lewd and isn't afraid to belch out loud after a cold one. He's always late to the party/meeting, has pratfalls, trouble getting out of his own way, gets his suit dirty or destroyed, misfires the unique weapondry that's engineered for him or ruins it, wrecks his state of the art flying/aquatic cars or pisses off the female voice in the car and the car turns against him, get's too distracted by the ladies while on the job, blows up the wrong thing along with himself but always manages to come out unscathed, drives "M" crazy, doesn't get the girl in the end but get's slapped in the face alot and finally gets his man just merely by accident and everybody is convinced his apparent clumsy, haphazard, shoot from hip mannerisms are just an ingenius and sophisticated act to cover up his deadliness. And usually, to complicate matters, he always has some scorned woman or betrayed husband in pursuit of him to do him in. He'll be a combination James Bond, Jason Bourne, Jack Bauer, Inspector Clouseau, and Wile E. Coyote. It could maybe called "Dial "D" for Destruction". Yeah, I could see that! :funnyup:

Delene

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sounds right up Gerry's ally! Was D. Craig done with Bond when he did all of his other movies? And Pierce Brosnon did other movies woven inbetween his Bond portrayal as well so I don't see the restrictions were being too limited.

But I believe the Bond character is really getting a bit too cliche so I think they should spice it up a bit and bring back a new Bondish character, but this time he's not quite as well put together and poised as the original 007 or neat and trigger ready as James. He'll be James' cousin, Dick Bond. He can be the next in line at the agency, like 008. He can be suave and debonair when he needs to be but it's always short lived. He's often crude, rude and lewd and isn't afraid to belch out loud after a cold one. He's always late to the party/meeting, has pratfalls, trouble getting out of his own way, gets his suit dirty or destroyed, misfires the unique weapondry that's engineered for him or ruins it, wrecks his state of the art flying/aquatic cars or pisses off the female voice in the car and the car turns against him, get's too distracted by the ladies while on the job, blows up the wrong thing along with himself but always manages to come out unscathed, drives "M" crazy, doesn't get the girl in the end but get's slapped in the face alot and finally gets his man just merely by accident and everybody is convinced his apparent clumsy, haphazard, shoot from hip mannerisms are just an ingenius and sophisticated act to cover up his deadliness. And usually, to complicate matters, he always has some scorned woman or betrayed husband in pursuit of him to do him in. He'll be a combination James Bond, Jason Bourne, Jack Bauer, Inspector Clouseau, and Wile E. Coyote. It could maybe called "Dial "D" for Destruction". Yeah, I could see that! :funnyup:

Delene

If anybody else but the G-Man did this role, it'd be more like a bad comedy. I guess only he could really pull it off. Your descriptions sound terribly interesting, I'd love to see him in such a role. :yummy: :yummy:

Have I mentioned that I love the ad? I even asked my friend in London if she could get hands on a poster if she ever saw one...she shouted at me on the phone :unsure: ...doesn't understand...last time I was in London I nicked a Phantom of the Opera poster from a pub... :donjuan:

BTW, love you Red Death Christmas Siggie!!!

The L'oreal ad was just on tv here in Denmark. I almost gave my mother a hear attack :yahoo: ....ups

He looks realy good...like a 41 year old MAN :heat: . I was afraid that they would make him look younger, glad they dident. He looks better at 41 IMO.

Dane

Hello,

Has no one else noticed that the download of the L'Oreal Ad stops before the kiss at the end? Or is it just me? Please, won't someone redo it to include the kiss? Thank you very much.

bflo

Hello,

Has no one else noticed that the download of the L'Oreal Ad stops before the kiss at the end? Or is it just me? Please, won't someone redo it to include the kiss? Thank you very much.

bflo

I downloaded it and it's all there.

Everyone keeps talking about the kiss at the end and if what I'm seeing is the same, it's the beginning of a kiss not a full on one. I can't stop watching this ad! Thanks Brenda for posting a better quality video...

Posted Image

Everyone keeps talking about the kiss at the end and if what I'm seeing is the same, it's the beginning of a kiss not a full on one. I can't stop watching this ad! Thanks Brenda for posting a better quality video...

Posted Image

The better quality video is fabulous! :yummy:

True. There isn't a full on kiss, and I don't even think we really see their lips touch that much. It's not a movie snog; just a gentle meeting. Very sexy, but that's all there is to it. bflo. :) I don't think you're not getting what the rest of us are.

Lisa

Hello,

Look, I've seen the FULL video on YouTube, stillgerard and GB.net. All three have the full kiss, albeit, as you say, brief. HOWEVER, the download on GALS stops short of the kiss. It ends with the girl just starting to sweep her hair behind her ear. There is no kiss--brief or otherwise.

bflo

Hello,

Look, I've seen the FULL video on YouTube, stillgerard and GB.net. All three have the full kiss, albeit, as you say, brief. HOWEVER, the download on GALS stops short of the kiss. It ends with the girl just starting to sweep her hair behind her ear. There is no kiss--brief or otherwise.

bflo

I didn't download from GALS multimedia, so I don't know anything about the problem, but you might want to PM Mel (abrock) about the issue, so she can check it. :)

Brenda

Hi bflo,

Mel is aware of this issue and im sure she will sort it out asap. If you want it before then I can email you it if you want. Contact me at stuart_in_canada@yahoo.ca It was me that put up the full version on Gals utube account :)

Stuart

Hello,

bflo

Thanks, Stuart, for the offer. At least I now feel validated that I'm not crazy. And thanks, Mel, if you are able to fix the problem. Meanwhile, I'll just re-watch the YouTube version until I can download my own copy from GALS.

bflo