Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry attempting to speak Spanish

This is a very cute video which was posted on another site (thanks Canadia).

http://www.antena3.com/celebrities/famosos-hollywood/gerard-butler-tambien_2010060300214.html

Gerry looks adorable trying to nail that Spanish phrase.

I tried to download it but I only get the commercials. If someone manages to save it, please share with us! Maybe we can have it in the MM section ?

Thanks,

Theresa

Edited by terezoulini

You mean with all the Brazilian babes Gerry pursues, he hasn't perfected some Spanish? Oh, that's right. Love is the "universal" language! :doh:

Thanks, T, that was cute.

Delene

Well, they speak a dialect of Portuguese in Brazil so that probably explains that. LOL

I love that he can roll his "r"s - that's from being able to speak ancient Scottish (or Gaelic or whatever). I love love love this video so much. It shows the adorable little boy side of Gerry when he's so proud at the end for finally getting it. :lol:

Edited by phoenixgirl

Well, they speak a dialect of Portuguese in Brazil so that probably explains that. LOL

A mere technicality, smarty pants! How far off can Portugal be from Spain anyway? Have you looked at a map recently? It's like Canada and the USA! :rotflmao:

Delene

Wonder if he knows the F word in other languages...It's obvious he doesn't know it in Spanish!! :D

:wave: Frannie............Thanks Theresa

I'm thinking the F bomb is pretty universal. :lol: However, I do know it in Spanish having taught mostly Mexican students. I should teach it to him next time I see him! :lmao:

Wonder if he knows the F word in other languages...It's obvious he doesn't know it in Spanish!! :D

I'm thinking the F bomb is pretty universal. :lol: However, I do know it in Spanish having taught mostly Mexican students. I should teach it to him next time I see him! :lmao:

Now I thought "mexican" was a different language from regular "spanish". And why would your students be dropping the "F" bomb in front of their teacher in mexican, spanish or any language? I suppose the old bar of soap to the mouth is disregarded these days as child abuse. But I still remember what Dial tastes like and all I said was "shite"!

Delene

Now I thought "mexican" was a different language from regular "spanish". And why would your students be dropping the "F" bomb in front of their teacher in mexican, spanish or any language? I suppose the old bar of soap to the mouth is disregarded these days as child abuse. But I still remember what Dial tastes like and all I said was "shite"!

Delene

Mexican Spanish is different from Spain/proper Spanish, but it's still "Spanish". And they did it because they thought I didn't know what it was. Once I caught on, to that and other Spanish curse words, they didn't do it as much. LOL And they're not my children so I couldn't put soap in their mouth (I wouldn't do that anyway).

Delene

Mexican Spanish is different from Spain/proper Spanish, but it's still "Spanish". And they did it because they thought I didn't know what it was. Once I caught on, to that and other Spanish curse words, they didn't do it as much. LOL And they're not my children so I couldn't put soap in their mouth (I wouldn't do that anyway).

The soap thing doesn't work anyway. I'm living proof of that!

Delene

Edited by GBPhanatic

I think the f word is the same everywhere. At least the whole world knows it's meaning.

Thanks, Frannie, that is hilarious.

Sandy

Edited by shirsan

Please PM me that Spanish word. I know shite in German. It is pronounced shiteza, actually. That is why

shite doesn't seem to far from the real word to me. I can't wait for the F bomb in Spanish tho.

Sandy

What is he saying in the video?

Thanks for sharing your Spanish knowledge.

Sandy

joder (pronounced hoder, the j is pronounced like an h if I remember correctly from spanish class in high school.) is f*ck.

mierda is sh*t.

que te jordan - f*ck you (I'm not saying it to ya'll, just saying that it could come in handy for Gerry if he didn't like someone following him.

A mere technicality, smarty pants! How far off can Portugal be from Spain anyway? Have you looked at a map recently? It's like Canada and the USA! :rotflmao:

Delene

Or like Mexico and USA!

Brazil's official language is Portuguese, they just have different accent.

joder (pronounced hoder, the j is pronounced like an h if I remember correctly from spanish class in high school.) is f*ck.

mierda is sh*t.

que te jordan - f*ck you (I'm not saying it to ya'll, just saying that it could come in handy for Gerry if he didn't like someone following him.

That's not what I've heard! :lmao: I think I know the Mexican/slang word for f*ck and I won't type it here becuase it's really bad. Yours sounds too polite. Must be proper Spanish.

F*ck is the slang word for copulate or intercourse. There's no slang word for a slang word, or I don't think so. Shag is the British version but "bloody" is actually the bad word, believe it or not or so per my friends from the UK. But I'm guessing the true meaning has been distorted as I can't imagine Gerry yelling "copulate you" at a nosey pap or shouting out "intercourse" when he gets frustrated! :funnyup:

Delene